Very Comforting and Competent Surgeon - Madison, WI

Having wanted rhinoplasty since fourth grade, I...

Having wanted rhinoplasty since fourth grade, I finally began to look into having the procedure done as I'm in my mid 20s. I was very scared to be under general anesthesia and to be intubated, but Dr. Marcus explained how little risk there was. Surgery and recovery was a breeze, though I did develop a small infection following surgery. Dr. Marcus handled this well, but there was more to be desired from the staff.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Marcus has wonderful bedside manner. He was readily available to answer questions as well, which spoke volumes. I wasn't too pleased with the staff following my procedure when I had an infection and Dr. Marcus was out, however, Dr. Marcus was always very caring and tentative. Wait times for appointments were great before procedure but usually quite long (20-60 min.) for follow ups. Having worked with another plastic surgeon for over a year, Dr. Marcus seemed most competent, caring, and experienced, leading me to choose him. It was a fantastic decision. I also had some functional issues with my nose that Dr. Marcus fixed. He was very patient with me, answered my questions, and all of the staff made me feel safe, which was one of the most important things to me. I would highly recommend him, whether it's for cosmetic or functional purposes. I spoke to several surgeons but no one made me feel as comfortable as Dr. Marcus, which is why I chose him. Further, the clinic was fully staffed and equipped should anything go wrong, which it didn't. Overall, though, I'm very pleased and happy I went through with the procedure with Dr. Marcus.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! What would you say was the most difficult part of recovery and how did you get through it?