Facelift, Blepharoplasty - Madison, WI

I had neck, facelift and bilateral...

I had neck, facelift
and bilateral blepharoplasty done 5 months ago. I had several "oh dear" moments after surgery and thought maybe I should not have done this. I have had more autologous fat transfers to the area under my cheeks as I felt I had a hollow look. I think that I will need more under my eyes and under my cheeks. Dr. Marcus included the extra fat transfer with the price of my surgery. What a nice surprise. The recovery was hard, however Dr.Marcus made sure I had enough pain medication so that was great. It did take me about 8 weeks to feel like myself. I wanted to look good for my age, 60, and I do look nice. I did this for myself as I have other medical issues and I do not go out much. I feel much younger than I looked before surgery but now when I look in the mirror, I am still surprised at how much younger I do look. Wow! Also, now that I have done this, I plan on "keeping" up appearances for a few more years. By that I mean Botox, fat transfers and whatever Dr. Marcus suggests. I don't mean to imply that I will be at his office every few months, probably once or twice a year.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose after Dr. Marcus by reviewing his education, his affiliation with a top U.S. hospital, the fact that he does research and teaches. I read his research articles. I had a free consultation with him. I did pay for other consultations but after careful consideration, I went with Dr. Marcus. I also toured their surgical facility. I am an R.N. and have worked in operating rooms. I felt that the anesthiogists were top notch and that is important. Some plastic surgeons rely only on a nurse and themselves during the surgery. I did not feel comfortable with that situation. I was able to e-mail Dr. Marcus and he always responded to my questions. I want to thank everyone from office staff to nurses to Dr.Marcus. They are professional and personable at the same time. I gave five stars to all the categories above because that is just what this experience was and is ( I am still going back as Dr. Marcus requests this, and I think that is so great). He is a skilled and caring doctor. I would love to post a picture but I cannot get this website to do this.

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad to hear everything went well.

I saw that you're trying to post pics. You can do this by clicking the "Update" button next to your review on your profile page. If you have any trouble, drop us an email and we'll add your pics for you.