Nervous Ball of Excitement - Madison, WI

My surgery is one week away. I can't wait, but I'm...

My surgery is one week away. I can't wait, but I'm nervous. I figured I would share my story to help ease my nerves.

I am a housewife and mother of 3 girls, 11,9 and 6. I breastfed them all for about 2 years. I have always expressed my desire for wanting a breast augmentation after I was done nursing and having children. We decided last year that we were done having children.

I was a full DD when nursing, sometimes a DDD. Before I got pregnant I was a B. I have wanted to get a Breast augmentation since I was a teenager. I was always smaller and wanted to be bigger. I would joke that nursing allowed me to try on different sizes so I would know what I want when the time came.
Well now the time has come. I have surgery next Wednesday, the 17th.

I look forward to getting them filled back up. I'm apprehensive about what to tell my girls and when to tell them. I'm not saying anything yet. Hopefully I will know what to say when the time comes.
I have arranged a sleepover for the initial weekend that I'm recovering. My husband has arranged his schedule so he can take them to school and pick them up and be home with them in the afternoon.
I feel like I'm nesting. I cleaned and organized my kitchen, laundry room, bathroom, etc. I'm in the process of making foods so they can just heat them up while I'm down.

I'm looking forward to being nice and full. I can't believe that the time has finally come.

So it's been 5 days post op. I underestimated the...

So it's been 5 days post op. I underestimated the initial recovery. I am so happy with the final result. I ended up with 380 cc in one side and 420 cc in the other. I recognize myself now in the mirror. I can't express how excited I am that I followed through with this decision! I will post pictures this evening.

So this is day 5. I am had the stitches removed...

So this is day 5. I am had the stitches removed yesterday. I put together some oil, to help with the scars. I'm very pleased with the results! I will take better pictures this afternoon and post those.

This is the picture for day 5. Sorry I forgot to...

This is the picture for day 5. Sorry I forgot to add it to my last post.

How do I add an updated photo? When I click on add...

How do I add an updated photo? When I click on add photo, it posts my update and doesn't give me an option to add a picture.

I'm so pleased with my results!

I'm so pleased with my results!

My stitches were removed Wednesday. They are...

My stitches were removed Wednesday. They are settling in nicely. ;)

One year update

A year has flown by. I'm still very happy with my decision. They look fantastic. I have wonderfully full natural looking breasts. I am looking forward to buying some fun summer clothes to show off my figure. I am a 34D/32DD. The scars are almost non existent anymore. Thank you for all your support. I was so appreciative of being able to have an outlet where ladies understand exactly what I was feeling and the big decision that I was making. I will update with photos later today.
Madison Plastic Surgeon

This doctor came recommended from friends and various other women that I had talked to.

What was your pre op bra size and they look great.
I wore a 34b, but I was smaller than that. I wore little fake boobies inside my bra to fill it out. I has complete volume loss after nursing my girls. I could literally hold a pencil under my saggy boobs. I don't have that problem anymore! :)
They just updated their site and now you have to post pictures with a written update. I don't like it as well, but guess we'll have to get use to it. Can't wait to see your after pics!
Can't wait to see how they turned out! :-)
Congrats on your new breasts! Sounds like everything went very well for you. Are you trying to update photos from your computer or phone? You have to do in on a computer, for some reason they don't have it set up to download them from you portable devices. Can't wait to see. I have surgery on Tuesday!
Congratulations!! How did your girls take the news?
My 2 older daughters were very supportive and understanding. My youngest doesn't really understand it, she just said that it looked painful. They have been at a sleepover with their grandma this whole weekend. It has been nice doing absolutely nothing!
Yay! Looking forward to your after pics!!
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!
Good Luck!! You will do great!! looking forward to seeing your results!!
Good luck, keep us posted!
I'm getting Allegra silicone implants. I don't know what the final size will be. We're planning on 450cc's, so we'll see tomorrow!! I'm finishing the cleaning today, vacuuming, mopping, changing sheets, etc. I'm so excited. I told my oldest and she is very happy for me. She's excited that she'll be "taking" care of me. I'm very happy that this day has come. It feels almost surreal. I've always known this day would come, but could never envision what to expect. Thank you again for all your kind words of encouragement. I will update y'all later this week!

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! I think your girls will understand that nursing took a toll on your breasts and that you just want them back to their original size. I always suggest telling kids that you are not sick and that you will be okay after a few days of resting. Glad to hear you are nesting...this should help make your recovery go smooth. Did you mention what type and size implants you are getting? Can't wait!!

Good luck Chachie2000, you will do great. I just had mine yesterday and my before pic looks simillar to yours. Feel free to take a look as I've also posted some after pics. You'll be just fine!! I found doing some yoga and breathing excerices it helped in making sure I was feeing relaxed and my muscles loose, I think it's helped me alot...just a suggestion. :)
Good luck Chachie2000 you will be really happy, I am sure. I'm trying to get my "before" pic, before I finally post pictures, but boy all you ladies look fantastic! I am extremely happy with mine, wish I had done it 20 years ago!
You will be thrilled with how you look! Best wishes for a smoooooth recovery!
Good luck girly cant wait to see your results
My kids were roughly that age when I had my first BA in 2007. I sat them down and explained that all my life I wanted bigger breasts and not for another individual but for myself. I explained that there were things about my body that I could change on my own (i.e. lose weight, hair color, or even my clothes). However the ability to grow bigger breasts was not physically possible without surgical intervention. After allowing them a Q & A session they were comfortable with my decision. My oldest slept next to me after my surgery for a week encouraging me to eat, helping me get dressed and just loving me. It's remarkable how both fragile and strong kids can be. I'm sure if you tell them the truth they will understand. If they are going to be away for a few days and come home to your change just be careful of the youngest. My daughter ran smack dab into my chest with her biggest hug ever and when I yelled out in pain she was terrified she had broken me. It took her a few days to get up the courage to be next to me for more than a minute. It's funny she is 10 now and still talks about how scared she was that she had broken my new boobs!! Check out my post op list you need to have pre-op waiting for you at home. If there is anything I'm missing please let me know. Do you know what your getting? Hp or mod? How many cc? Saline or silicone? Sending pre-op healing vibes your way! Happy healing my sister in saline or silicone!!! Keep us posted with pics as soonas you feel well enough.
Best of luck girl, I'll be headed in the day after you :) Make sure you are taking supplements! They help so much! and I would reccomend juicing for a few days after even just 2 if you can!
Thank you! Best wishes to you. We'll have to share results!
Wish I was having the nesting feeling. I'm too busy looking up other people's stories to be bothered with cleaning. I'll be sorry later. You're the day after me, so I'll be following your story!
I'm obsessed with boobies too.When I get on the computer, I'm reading stories and looking at pictures. It's great to be able to share our stories with women who are going through the same thing!
Wow only 1 week it will fly by!!! I too have three girls aged 9,8 and 6 !!! I had my surgery yesterday and was soooo nervous too but it's not half as bad as I was expecting pain wise at all!!! My kids were at school too so it worked out well. I had to tell my girls too about my op, but you know kids are funny I sat them all down and said mummy is having an operation tomorrow as I want my boobs to be bigger as they got really small after having you three beautiful girls! Well my 9 year old said yeah I know mum I've heard you talking, my 8 year old said, ok so you won't be taking us to school tomorrow and my 6 year old, went oh and ran away!!! Lol. Good luck for your surgery and look forward to your updates and pics!! :)
It will be an interesting day. Drop them off one size be a completely different woman when they get home. I'm so excited! So nervous! It will slowly speed by! Thank you to all for your kind words. I feel less anxious having shared part of my story. :)
Can't wait to see your results!