Photofacial Burns! - Lynnwood, WA

I got a photofacial two days ago on my face/chest...

I got a photofacial two days ago on my face/chest and I have what looks like burns to me. What's weird is my face doesn't have any marks like my chest does. I had a few treatments done a year ago and nothing like this has happened before. I have a few more treatments tgat I've already paid for and I'm scared that this will happen again. I'm just praying that my chest heals and doesn't have permnament damage. Has this happened to anyone else?

Burns can occur from IPL treatments if the energy is set to high for your skin type, if you have had recent sun exposure or improper calibration of the equipment. Avoid sun exposure before and after treatment and let your doctor know if you are taking medications that make you sun or light sensitive before treatments, such as Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim, Lasix, Accutane and others. Only Fitzpatrick skin types 1-4 are recommended, and caution should be used on medium to darker skin types.
My aesthetician said the same thing happened to her, but it's normally because it's either too high or there is just a lot of damage. Either way, it does go away. Hang in there!
I too had this procedure done and the same thing happened--laser was set to high. But, on the brighter side, it does disappear over time. Believe it or not, I actually had them go back over the area going the opposite direction! With no burn this time. After a week or two I started doing a light exfoliation. Its all good now and I am happy with the results!
Local Laser Clinic