Photofacial Burns! - Lynnwood, WA

I got a photofacial two days ago on my face/chest...

I got a photofacial two days ago on my face/chest and I have what looks like burns to me. What's weird is my face doesn't have any marks like my chest does. I had a few treatments done a year ago and nothing like this has happened before. I have a few more treatments tgat I've already paid for and I'm scared that this will happen again. I'm just praying that my chest heals and doesn't have permnament damage. Has this happened to anyone else?
Local Laser Clinic

My aesthetician said the same thing happened to her, but it's normally because it's either too high or there is just a lot of damage. Either way, it does go away. Hang in there!
I too had this procedure done and the same thing happened--laser was set to high. But, on the brighter side, it does disappear over time. Believe it or not, I actually had them go back over the area going the opposite direction! With no burn this time. After a week or two I started doing a light exfoliation. Its all good now and I am happy with the results!
Thanks for commenting Kim. I'm going to have it done again this time between where it was previously done. I'm all healed now but where the burn was is now white. I look like a zebra.
Hello, can you tell me how you ended up post these treatments? My chest was treated with the Elos machine a couple of days ago, for brown spots, and It looks similar to but much worse than your photo. I am really scared that this will be the permanent effect. The treatment was so painful, I'm sure the setting was too high. Exactly like you my face was also treated but without any burns. I asked them to turn down the setting before going over my face as the chest treatment hurt so much. So glad I did that! And like you my chest was treated about a month earlier, but with a different machine, with no burn marks. Thank you! CW

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your review with us.  Treatment on the chest is much different than on the face.  I have included a link for you with some great information from our RS doctors.  Click Here for Q& A's.

Keep me up to date on how you are healing.