Italian Lip Lift

I was going for my sinus revision surgery and was....

I was going for my sinus revision surgery and was. Bothered by the long distance between my nose and lips and opted to have the italian lip lift where the columella isn't touched. My surgery was yesterday and I already feel great. I didn't take any pain medication. There was no pain at all. The doctor took out 3 mm. I asked him to be very conservative because I was worried about overdoing it. I will post pics from home tomorrow. I have one more night in the hospital. I'm eating fine and can't report any problems at all. The worst thing is the packing in my nose.

So far so good!

It's great to finally be home. Now I can upload the photos as well. I still have no pain at all and finally got some sleep. The doc said to keep the incisions moist all the time with a cream that he gave me. The stitches are dissolvable. Only one concern right now is that my nose is really upturned (even more than before) and looks shorter than before. I'm hoping it's just due to the swelling and trying to stay positive and optimistic.

My biggest fear was removing too much skin, which of course, can never be put back so I'm glad we were conservative. We discussed removing 4 mm but just before surgery I told the doc to take less rather than more. He said he would remove 2 and see how it looked. So he finally went with 3.

Italian Lip Lift

Before and about one week after.

3 Months after

The lips healed very quickly. The scar is not visible at all inside the nose. The change is subtle and natural. Nobody at all has noticed, not even my parents. The upper lips are turned up a bit and the distance between the nose and the lips is much smaller but the shape of the lips did not change. I'm very happy with the results.

Updated pics

More photos

Dr. Melik

ciao a tutte!l'altro giorno ho fatto anch'io il lip-lift,sono un'pò gonfia ma già mi vedo bene!! l'intervento è durato circa 1 ora,con sedazione in anestesia locale,direi quasi niente dolore...:))))) domani toglierò i punti!!!
Do you have pictures?
Hi ! sure I have a pictures!!!
..sure I have a pictures...
show us!!
Can we see dear.
I wana do it as soon as possible
ciao! dicevi a me dei messaggi..?
i sent u alot of emails u didnt send me back :(
Hi great...I wanna do the lips lift too!! where did u do it?I'm from Milano...bye
woooooooow wonderfull
Thanks Lulu!
we will be waiting ur photos :)
Congratulations on your surgery. Wishing you many Blessings.
Thank you!

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! I'm sure you're quite swollen at this point, but I'd love to read your updates as you continue to heal. Hang in there! You're almost through the worst of it

i am thinking about bullhorn lift because this is to gently effect to me :) of course your italian style will make a smaller scar. but i really dream to show my teeth when I open my lips :) anyway i am waiting for your next pictures and now your lips look nicer.
I really didn't want to risk a bigger scar but I understand your point of view too. Right now, there's no big difference in teeth show but there's still a lot of swelling so we shall see. :)
ciao verso maggio vorrei farlo anchio il lip lift..ma quanto tempo dure il gonfiore..??ciao
hi dear long time can we see ur update :)
...that's true,....everything ok!