Italian Lip Lift

I was going for my sinus revision surgery and was....

I was going for my sinus revision surgery and was. Bothered by the long distance between my nose and lips and opted to have the italian lip lift where the columella isn't touched. My surgery was yesterday and I already feel great. I didn't take any pain medication. There was no pain at all. The doctor took out 3 mm. I asked him to be very conservative because I was worried about overdoing it. I will post pics from home tomorrow. I have one more night in the hospital. I'm eating fine and can't report any problems at all. The worst thing is the packing in my nose.

So far so good!

It's great to finally be home. Now I can upload the photos as well. I still have no pain at all and finally got some sleep. The doc said to keep the incisions moist all the time with a cream that he gave me. The stitches are dissolvable. Only one concern right now is that my nose is really upturned (even more than before) and looks shorter than before. I'm hoping it's just due to the swelling and trying to stay positive and optimistic.

My biggest fear was removing too much skin, which of course, can never be put back so I'm glad we were conservative. We discussed removing 4 mm but just before surgery I told the doc to take less rather than more. He said he would remove 2 and see how it looked. So he finally went with 3.

Italian Lip Lift

Before and about one week after.

3 Months after

The lips healed very quickly. The scar is not visible at all inside the nose. The change is subtle and natural. Nobody at all has noticed, not even my parents. The upper lips are turned up a bit and the distance between the nose and the lips is much smaller but the shape of the lips did not change. I'm very happy with the results.

Updated pics