Explant Completed, awesome feeling!- Loveland, CO

I disliked my implants from the start, I'm 5'3",...

I disliked my implants from the start, I'm 5'3", 114 lbs. and had 290cc saline under muscle in 2009. When I called a place for an explant quote a few years ago they said something like $6000, so I thought I was stuck with them for a long time. I have a quote for $2000 from my consult today and can't wait until surgery day!! Local numbing cream, I'll be awake and can drive home directly after the 30 min procedure! I don't have any complications, but I do feel tired a lot. I don't work out like I used to, I'm embarrassed to go to yoga (under muscle implants move in a weird way when pics are flexed). Also, constant "headlights"...nipples are always hard. I just think small chests are prettier, look healthier and younger (I'll be 38 soon so preserving my youthful look is getting important). After implants, my breasts were uneven too. I feel like I've been hiding them for years! Can't wait to be all me again :)

I'm excited for you! So many ladies are thrilled to get back to natural and it sounds like you'll be one of them. And awesome that you get to do this under local. They won't be removing the capsules then, I assume?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks! No capsule removal, mine are thin and soft and they will just be absorbed over time. Surgery day seems so far away, but I'll keep busy and time should fly by.

W/implants

Current pic, have had implants a little over 4 yrs. Stoked to get these fake bags out!
Congratulations on your upcoming removal! It sounds like you feel really comfortable with your PS which is a wonderful thing! You are going to be so happy to have your natural body back and won't have to feel like you have to hide! I find that I ever stand up straight anymore because of my implants. I hope to schedule a surgery date myself! What did the do say about your recovery time? Please keep us posted and best of luck!!
I should be back to working out in 2 weeks, easing in slowly. I will go to work the next day, not doing anything strenuous.
Good for you! Are yours capsulized at all? If so, will he be removing the capsules? What about drains? Did your PS mention drains? I'm sure you are going to be thrilled with your result:)

Before my regrettable decision

Before pics, wish I had appreciated what I had...
Hi Natural Goddess, I loved your BA review. Honest and to the point BAs suck! Haha. I just wanted to let you know I'll be cheering you on the next few weeks! I'm so excited for you. I love being all natural, wild and beautiful.
Thanks! It's my Birthday today, removal will be the best gift ever!
Happy Birthday!!

Pre-op tomorrow!

Excited for my pre-op tomorrow :) 2 weeks seems like forever to wait for surgery, but it will get here. This pic is from a magazine ad...beautiful. I just dont get the desire for big breasts, they make women look over-weight and dumpy, IMHO.
Praying for you girl!!!
Thank you for sharing your story. My situation is much like yours and I can't wait to get mine out. My consult is over a month away, but I would get them out tomorrow if I could. And I echo all your thoughts....small is sleek and beautiful. Best wishes on your journey and please keep us posted on your results!!!

Pre Op complete- 2 more weeks!

I just need to pick up my antibiotics, and wait for surgery day! Now that I've made the decision and paid, it seems like time is standing still, ugh. I'm actually slightly worried that I'll get capsular contracture or something freaky in the next 2 weeks! lol. Anyways, I wish everyone could feel OK with themselves w/o surgery, it is a gift.
I'm so excited for you!!! I'll keep you in my prayers, please keep us updated
Did you have any medical issues with your implants as well?
No, no known issues, but i know i dont feel the same, less energy, more allergies. Cant 100% link it to implants, but it seems likely. They are definitely uncomfortable.

One more week!!

One week from now and I'll be back to my natural, real self, wow I can hardly wait!!! I wish I could go back and undo my decision to get a BA, but I know it was a valuable lesson and I'm grateful for the unconditional love I now have for myself. I the rest of you Goddesses feel the same about yourselves. Last before pics:
You are going to look so great, and it's your going to be so proportionate with your petite little frame. I will be following your journey. Good luck and God Bless. Just don't stress.
Thanks! Getting closer every day :)
Thanks, will do!

Before BA- I now embrace my J-Lo gap :)

Ah, 5 more days! Time is dragging, but I endured a natural disaster (flood) in my town last week, so that definitely took my mind off waiting. Now getting over a cold, so I'm feeling better. While waiting for the bus today, a group of highschool age girls were doing hill repeats near me, I'm totally inspired by their fit bodies! All small breasted. Can't wait to be more active!
You will have great results!
Thanks
You will do great! Thinking of you.

Is it Tuesday yet??!?!

Just a few more days now, but the closer it gets, the further away it seems...
I looked at the Revision section of these forums for the first time, oh my...there are women with over 1000 cc's! These are small women too. What the whaaaat?? That has to be some body image disorder at that point. It doesn't even look human, it's like giving yourself a deformity. I will never understand...how can anyone find two monstrous basketballs on a chest attractive?
Not one single before pic has looked worse, whether deflated, asymmetrical, or whatever, natural is better than that fake round ball look.
Good luck today!! You are going to do excellent! Please update as soon as you are feeling up to it thinking of you!
Just wanted to check in on you.....I hope everything went well. Be sure and take it really easy and give yourself time to heal. It's great to be on the other side! :]
Thanks for checking in! I'm about to make the hour trip to my surgeon right now, I'll update as soon as I'm done. Yay, my day is finally here!!

They're out!!! Ah, that feels great :)

Explant completed :) Easy as pie! I was going to update right after getting to my car, but wanted to beat rush hour and typing on my phone is a pain in the booty. So, here's how it went, the nurse spread numbing cream on the bottom of my breasts (where incision would be) and I read magazines for 45 min. while it took effect. We listened to classic country, awesome! Then, laid down on the operating table and the Dr. injected Novocaine in the same area, I never felt the needle. Then, he made the incision, ruptured the implant and the saline spilled down my sides, but was soaked up. Then he pulled the implant out. Whoa, I was mistaken on the ccs I had, only 175! Tiny. Then he sewed me up and repeated on the other side. The nurse cleaned me up and wrapped me inace bandage and I drove home. Super easy and I feel great :) The only pain I have is my bicep from my dog lunging at a squirrel yesterday, lol. I looked before she wrapped me and they're deflated looking, but I think some natural breast tissue will spring back. I hadn't thought about how they would look before today honestly. I'm cool with whatever the result is. They sure do FEEL much better, I feel like the feeling has returned in them. Pics coming up next.
Excited to see photos and happy for you heal God's Speed:)

Done!

Congratulations on the explanation. I wish you a happy and swift recovery!
Thank you!
Well, sister, we are on the same boat! Got mine out and no regrets at all. Easy peasy as you say.

Recovery Day 1

So, still not feeling any pain. Yhe Novocaine and numbing cream wore off at around 9 pm, I could feel things then but nothing hurt, which is great because I didn't fill my pain med prescription. I did develop a horribly itchy rash fro. the numbing cream, that has been the worst part of this! Mostly took it easy last night, just walked the dogs, made supper and put away dishes. I'm at work now and feeling pretty good, I just feel short of breath, I believe due to this tightly wrapped ace bandage...I can't take a full breath :( Looking forward to getting past this first week!
It's going to get better and better each and every day ! You look fantastic....your the first person I have heard call their surgery "fun", but glad to hear it. Take things slow and enjoy the new/old you :]
Lol, thanks :)
Sorry about the rash! Looks painful:-/ But your breasts look amazing! Praying for comfort and healing:)

Unwrapped for a second

Here they are, deflated...but soft, and all me! Feels great to not have hard balls in my chest. Unwrapped to take a quick shower. They are really squashed down from the bandage.Today was still painless, but tough to sit thru boring meetings all day with an itchy rash! On the couch now watching a Sex &The City marathon :)
Oh my god you look amazing!
Aw, thank you :)
Hey girl! Congrats, you look awesome and are going to heal up amazingly :) My tip for you is: wear a soft natural fiber cami or tank and wrap the ace-type bandage over. Will keep your skin from getting irritated and also keep the ace wrap from getting funky (I don't know how to wash that sort of thing, or if you can). I kept wearing mine at least occasionally (like at night) for quite a while. Compression (and rest) really help prevent seroma in us girls with the minimalist explants (capsules left in). Congrats again, they will fluff and perk up a lot over the next few months, don't worry the compression flattening is temporary.

Day 2

I feel like I finally rounded a corner today, feeling much better, not so "injured". I woke up last night a few times with very intense itching at my incision sites. I know that means they are healing, but it sure kept me up. I finally found a comfortable way to wear the ace bandage, over a sports bra, that way it stays in place instead of sliding down and putting pressure on my incisions and irritating the rash (rash is improving). My spirits are higher now that the maddening itching has subsided. It not as shocking to look in the mirror either. The rash is actually the most disturbing thing to me.

Day 2 pic

You already look absolutely fabulous and will continue to see changes/improvement! Wow! I'm sorry about your rash. I hope it goes away soon! Is there any cream you could put on it to help soothe it?? Also, incision pain was bad for me. Lots of the itchy/stingy feeling. But only in the first couple of weeks! I'm so happy for you and loving your new look!'
Thank you so much!
I haven't, thanks, I'll check it out!

Day 3

You look gorgeous! The bandage really squashes them down. I stopped using it after 2 days and immediately my swelling and bruising started to improve lol. You will see huge changes in the next few days. I'm day nine and almost feel completely like my old self!
Thanks! I've been tempted to stop wearing it...surgeon said to wear it for a week but that seems conservative. Maybe I'll just wear it at night.
Your story has really helped me... You look great! Congrats :)

Day 4, feeling better all the time

Rash is not itching any longer, sleeping well. I am not depressed or anything , only bummed that I can't go for a trail run in this beautiful fall weather! Soon enough :)
You have nice boobs without the implants. Not saggy or deformed. I wouldn't even say deflated. I'm glad you are on your way to getting back to you.
Thanks, I think it's hard to see the concave aspect in pics...but where the implants were they compressed the tissue down.
Hope your rash is getting better, and you will start fluffing in about a month or so you look good so far happy healing:))

Almost a week post op

Feeling pretty great, I only feel the incisions occasionally. Post op appt. tomorrow and I shouldnt have to wear the wrap after that and will be off the antibiotics. My skin is peeling like a sunburn where the rash was :-/
They WILL fluff. I'd give it a couple of weeks. I didn't start to fluff til around the 11th day. Still waiting to fluff up in my upper breast tho :-/ I think you look beautiful! Your body is amazing. Killer stomach! So happy you're happy!
Thanks, I'm trying to not have any expectations this early and just focus on healing :) But if I end up with Olivia Wilde-like breasts, that would be awesome!

Wish boobs

Might as well try to visualize and manifest :)
You look absolutely lovely! So slim, I'm jealous, and your breasts look great - they don't look deflated at all but you will fluff anyway. Isn't it great to feel normal again, I'm just so happy to be me!
Thanks, so much :) It is a great feeling!

Day 8 pics

Ugh...retyping my update it didn't post, annoying

Had my 1 week post op yesterday, PS said everything looks good and will get better and better in the coming weeks and months. They felt bad about the rash, I asked what was in it- BLT: benzocaine, lidocaine, tetracaine. There is actually a FDA advisory out for it, 2 women have died using it for cosmetic procedures...freaked me out to read that. I did have shortness ofbreath and felt like my heart was beating out of my chest, but Itthought it was due to the tight wrap. Yikes.
I feel great, just wearing a sports bra now, it was so nice to just head out the door to hike with my dogs and not double check my nipples and adjust asymmetry! So grateful to be real again!
You look great!!! The BLT thing is scary. So was it your doctor, or the facility staff who injected you with that?
Thanks! The nurse who works for the plastic surgeon, it wasn't injected, it was a topical cream. It sounds like it's used pretty widely for cosmetic procedures.
Thanks NG...calling Dr. now!!!

Can finally laugh!

I was so embarrassed when this Arrested Development episode aired...now at long last I can laugh :-D
Looks amazing! Glad that your rash cleared, hope they are more careful in future
Thank you!
Congrats! I bet you feel wonderful now that you are all you again! Your results are fabulous!!!

Week 2

Hard to tell if there have been any changes, but they do seem less concave and I finally recognize my old self :) Hoping the incisions heal up soon, somewhat tender.
You continue o look amazing
Thank you!
You look gorgeous, I'm getting unwrapped on tuesday and if I look half as good as you I'll be happy :)

5 weeks!

Loving being natural :) Really don't think much about my breasts these days, so happy to be rid of the self-consciousness. Pretty much back to normal with all activities!
I just came from your other site, you look like your wish picture, you are blessed. I am so happy for you!
Thank you :) Its close enough, I'm happy!
I'm amazed at your scars after five weeks. Did u put anything on them?

2 months!

Had my 8 wk post op today. Completely healed, feeling great physically and emotionally! I think some of my breast tissue is still compressed but maybe it will fluff out by 6 months. Feeling comfortable in my skin :)
Soooo happy for you! Doesn't it feel great! You look awesome and yay for natural boobs!I had implants (saline) for 15 years & never liked them. They were too big for my frame & were only suppose to fix my asymmetry (full size difference between breasts) but the dr. gave me a D cup when I would have looked great with a full B. Recently had a lumpectomy and ruptured implant. I just had an explant/lift a few days ago. My breasts needed the re-shaping. Will post my story soon! Thanks for sharing your story : )
You look beautiful... Glad you are so happy with your results... I am having mine done next week and a little apprehensive about what the results will be but I am anxious to have this behind me and be rid of these ruptured implants !
Thank you! I hope everything goes well.
Fort Collins General Surgeon

Knowledgeable, warm, professional. He charges a fair fee for this surgery...it's very simple and straightforward and he charges accordingly. Nurses and staff are wonderful. They made the surgery fun :) Everything went smooth, I recommend this office!