The Tummy Tuck Journey - Louisville, KY

I'm a young 62 yrs and have 2 children. I have...

I'm a young 62 yrs and have 2 children. I have skin hanging down that touches the tops of my thighs when I walk and when I sit down. I'm tired of this burden of skin. I want to be able to but clothes that fit,not just what will fit across my belly. I hide it as much as possible. I don't wear blouses tucked in and sometimes I look like I have a "front butt", if you know what I mean. It's time for me. The decision has been a long time coming but I'm finally at a place where I can afford to do it. I am so ready!

Six weeks to surgery date. I'm ready to do it now!...

Six weeks to surgery date. I'm ready to do it now! I have a question. What does one wear to a tummy tuck? Should I wear my regular clothes and take a loose gown to wear afterward? I know most of my old clothes probably won't fit anymore. They are size that fits across my belly but big around the waist. It'll be fun to buy some new clothes. I'm still thinking about the pain after surgery. I just hope to be able to "bounce back" in good time.

Only 4 more days til my surgery. I've had my preop...

Only 4 more days til my surgery. I've had my preop visit and am in the process of gathering everything I'll need for my recovery.I'm so ready to do this. I've had one or two moments of second guessing my decision to have my TT, but for the most part have remained positive and upbeat. Due to my age and high blood pressure, I was sent to a cardiologist to ensure my heart could withstand the surgery. They not only did another ekg, but also a stress test and echo cardiogram. My heart was pronounced in good shape for the surgery. I will spend the next few days cleaning the house, shopping for needed items and organizing things. My daughter is helping me. She is my biggest supporter in this. I know it is natural to have some anxious moments in the days before surgery. But I am placing my trust in a higher power and my surgical team.

Dr Calobrace told me at my consultation my tummy...

Dr Calobrace told me at my consultation my tummy tuck would change my life. He was right! I had my surgery on Sept 27, 2011. I can say this is one of the best things I have done for myself. I feel better and definitely look better. There have been a few problems that have been taken care of that were not major. Was my tummy tuck worth what I have paid for it? A resounding YES!
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

Dr Calobrace and his staff have been wonderful. Any questions I have had either in person or by phone have been answered quickly and thoroughly. Aftercare has been great and responsive to me. Not only was his staff professional and courteous, they were friendly and personable. The whole experience has been and continues to be great.

Thank you for the update!  I am so happy for you and glad you are loving your results.  And I totally agree with you the tummy tuck being worth it!

So catdame, how are your results? Anxious to hear. Am thinking of doing the same here in Louisville.
I have a lot of anxious moments too and my surgery isnt until nov. so I should be completely insane by that time :)
Keep us posted as to how your post op goes.
I aslo have to see my heart doc on Tuesday to get everything ok'ed.
Thanks for posting Shaila. Got my pre-op shopping done and will get scrips filled tomorrow. I'm not anxious anymore. I went to a website called "Tuck That Tummy" and they have a very informative site with many pages of good info. Try to let the anxiety go. Just concentrate on getting yourself ready both physically and mentally. When I go into surgery I will be at peace with myself. No more doubts. Will post after surgery.
Hello Catdame. We have our surgeries scheduled on the same date. My PS office and others have recommended I wear front zip tops, such as a hoodie and easy pull on pants. I also purchased some open front pajamas and dresses for my post-op appointments.

Welcome and thank you for posting!

Yes 62 is very young and I think it's wonderful you are doing this for yourself.   You will feel like a million bucks when you are rid of that skin.

Keep us up to date as you go and we will all look forward to reading your posts.