Recommended! - Louisville, KY

I had a tummy tuck done with lipo in the stomach...

I had a tummy tuck done with lipo in the stomach and hips. I am 3 weeks post op today and so pleased, who knew my stomach could look almost normal again! It was awful, I am just 22 and have two babies and my stomach was a mess! Now I feel great! Not like i wanna walk around in a bikini yet, but good.

Surgery was over, iwasnt in too much pain, most of my pain was 1 week post op. Then its off n on. It is in stages, 1 week was swelling pain, 2 weeks was muscle pain, and more recently it was more so incision irritation. I find that wearing "spanx" from 2 weeks on, works better. The binder constantly rides upward and then would rub where i was cut. Anyways, so far so great. My only complaint is my hips dont look much better, but my dr and I will discuss that at my 6 week appt!

Louisville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor is very honest, he told me my scar would be bad at first, told me it will be higher than my underwear so ill need to get new ones and such. Most doctors do not care about these things and just get you in there. My first time meeting my doctor, he suggested just lipo and no tummy tuck. To save my money and all, after i had another baby though it was time for a tummy tuck. He is very honest, great bedside manner, my only negative, i havent met with him since surgery, i dont until 6 weeks. I think they should change that and make it a little more personalized.

3 weeks! congrats!! I agree with Kimmers on the give it time. I am at 3 months and do notice a big change from the 3 week mark. Swelling will dramaticly go down... I think everyone agrees that binders are NOT enjoyable to wear.. so im glad you feel good in your spanks. it took me longer than 3 weeks to get out of my binder.. Keep us posted.

Welcome to RealSelf.

Give it some time with the hips.  The swelling takes a while to go down.  Plus you will continue to notice changes for up to a year after surgery.  You are early in the recovery process so hang on girlie!

So glad to hear things went well for you!! Did you have help & support from family & friends to help with your kiddos while you were healing up?