I'm planning on a lift with a slight reduction...

I'm planning on a lift with a slight reduction this August. I've read other people's reviews and stories and wanted to share mine since its a bit different than most of what I've read. I'm 34, 5 ft 4, 155 lbs and a size 36DD. I've don't have kids and haven't had and major weight loss so there's not much reason for sad looking boobs. I've always had big sad boobs and after years of thinking about a lift or reduction I'm finally going to do it. Yay happy boobs!

More to come, pictures too

How exciting for you! What finally prompted you to move forward with your surgery? Do you currently experience any type of discomfort with your breasts...and bras? Have you discussed an ideal cup size with your PS? Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! Looking forward to your updates!

You go girl!!!! Wish I had more to work with when I did mine! You are gonna LOVE THEM!!!

Just two months and 10 days to go

New photo

I am going in for the works in a couple of weeks, have you decided what size you would like to be? Love how you call um sad boobs lol mine are very sad! But I'm very excited to see them happier :) I want to be more of a 36b/ small c husband not helping cus he says what ever make you happy Grrr ! Sister saying Noooo go bigger ( no wonder my blobs are bloody sad lol) Good luck for August!
I'm hoping for a small d/full c. I don't mind my current size other than the inconvience of finding dresses and shirts that fit properly. That and one day gravity will take over and I'll be back where I started so I want to go small enough to keep that at bay. I like sad cuz it doesn't sound as bad as saggy. Good luck to you.
I think i have ended up a full C. Now I'm wishing I would have went one implant size up. My ps did exactly what I wanted but I think in my head a full C "seemed" bigger to me. But full and pretty and better than sad and bad!

Two months to go

I've been gradually buying items that I will need during recovery. I bought two post-op bras from jcp.com. Their pretty ugly but they seem comfortable and open in the front. The brand is Glamorise and they were on sale 2/$25. The online reviews say they run small so I bought a 38dd (I'm a 36dd) and it feels fine.

2 months will fly by! May be TMI but make sure u are stocked up on stuff to help u go to the bathroom after the surgery. I totally forgot about that part! And by day 7 of not going to the bathroom, trust me, that pain was way worse than the the surgery part!
They look really good. I can't wait until mine look that great.
I was shopping a few months ago and found a really pretty dress in my size, size 10. I went to zip it up and I couldn't get past my chest. Then I decided I was fed up with not being able to wear what I wanted without having to get the next size up and/or needing alterations.

Post op list

Here's all the stuff I think I'll need. I looked at some lists other people on this site posted, also found some things from other sites. The question ,arks are ones i need to ask the PS about. Let me know if there are any suggestions.

Post Surgery :
Antibiotic Ointment ?
Gauze ?
Ice Pack?
Sleep Aids?

Hi I have also looked on here to find similar stories.. We are bigger breasted and it's hard to find results that I may look like after.. I just scheduled my surgery for july 31.. I have to go out and buy all my necessities still.. I'm getting quite nervous.. I will be sure to post pics so those of us who are bigger can see the results.. I am going with small implants too for the upper pole fullness. I am pretty much the same size as you height and weight. Well good luck with yours!!
Breast reduction surgical video's. www.aurora-clinics.com
I have quite a few videos of dr. Adrian Richards saved to my you tube acct. I wish I could go to the uk and have do my surgery. I saw the br4u on a different post last night. I must've been on that site or hours. Lots of very useful info.

Just 5 weeks to go

My pre op appointment is in 23 days. I'm not sure what size I want to go down to, 36DD now. I was at Victoria's Secret last week getting my 5/$26 and thought I'd compare bra cup sizes. I'm torn between a C and a D. I would be more comfortable with a D because I'm so use to my current size. Worried though that a D would sag again soon. I like C because I dint think I'd have to worry about sagging anytime soon but I think it may be too small for my body size (but again I'm just use to DD).

I'm also trying to lose another 5 pounds before the surgery. I'd like to be at my goal weight since I won't be able to workout for several weeks and also don't want to go up and down with my weight and cause more sagging. I'm starting a six day a week workout plan Monday that includes 3 days of bootcamp and 1 day of hot yoga. I really hope I can lose it.

Pre-op today

My pre-op is today and I'm still not sure what size I want to end with. I'm worried that a C will be too small and a D will still be too big.

hiyaloverly52 Hey! Looks like we will be going through surgery around the same time! With the amount of breast tissue you have I bet your results will be beautiful!!! Check out hiyaloverly52's review and pictures- she had slightly larger beast than you but looked a lot alike- her results were beautiful!!!! Good luck and cant wait to here and see the results!!!
Very anxious to follow your story and results.

Pre-op…it's gonna be a long 2 weeks

Pre-op went well. It was the first time I've been nervous about the process. I had wine after so tbat made me feel better. I thought my surgey was going to be at 7:30 am but it's not until 1:30 pm. I can't eat after midnight the night before, that's a long time to not eat or drink. Oh well.

Gonna go with a full C small D for size. The doc suggested it and I was thinking the same.

Where did you get your bra from, is that a Marena garment?
From jcp.com. The brand is Glamorise. Style 1803 Complete comfort sleep bra. They run about 2 sizes too small. I'm a 36dd so I bought 38dd-ddd and it fits well.
Waiting is so hard...

One week to go

I think I have everything I need I just need to get groceries, clean the house, and getting everything in order. This is going to be the longest week ever!

A tray to put your meds, books, ipad, glasses, tissues and essentials on that can be moved from room to room. If I was on couch or moved from bedroom everything was on the tray I needed. Of course, I had some one to carry it for me but I found that to be very convenient. I just slept with it next to me in the bed and if I woke up everything I needed was on hand.
Good idea. I have a plastic shower caddy/make-up bin I can put stuff in and tote around the house.

Tomorrows the big day

Just a few hours to go. I'm not nervous about the surgery itself but I am about not healing properly. I've seen those necrosis pictures. Anyway. I shad so much water today I feel like im gonna burst. No food or drink after 12am and my surgery isn't until 1:30pm. My mouth gets dry so I want to be well hydrated.

Today is the day! Best healing wishes.... Your gonna do just fine, can't wait to join you on the Flatland side! Congratulations
Good luck tomorrow! We are going for the same size. Let me know how it goes!

All done

Survey went well. When i got home it felt like something bit my nips off. I'm not in much pain now tho. I was a bit nauseous but I think it's cuz I hadn't eaten. Also had some chest pain but I think that was also due to lack of food. Had some soup and took a tums so I feel pretty good now. I'm all wrapped up in ace bandages so I can't see what they look like but they seem fuller from what I can see at the top. Overall pain isn't bad not sure i for hat will last once all. The anesthesia wears off. Im gonna try hard to resist the temptation of removing the ace to get a peek before the morning.

So glad the surgery went well. Be sure to let me know when you take a peek. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Healing hugs

Can't sleep

I slept from 11-11:30 and have been up ever since. I'm really not tired at this point but pretty soon there won't be much on tv and I'd like to avoid candy crush for a few days. I'm not sure if its the sleeping elevated, the meds, or anesthesia. I take sleeping pills most nights (every night) but I'm thinking that's not a good idea with anesthesia and Percocet in my system. Plus I have sleep apnea so it just seems like a bad combo any way you look at it. I'm not going anywhere the next few days so I think can survive on naps. Anyone else had issues sleeping the night of surgery?

Drumroll please

They look a little smaller than what I was expecting looks more like a b than a c but I've been a dd for 10 years so it could just be my imagination. They are high as heck tho! I can actually see my ribcage. Tw right seems to be bleeding a bit. Bright red, not gushing or anything but kinda thin and watery. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day

Photo

Not the best. My mom walked is as I was trying to take it

Omgosg! You look amazing! Great job and so happy for you!
You look great!

Before and after

yep ive heard he is great!!!
for just lift? i thought it was less than that did you shop around ? do they have financing i am from louisville too !:)
I had a lift with a slight reduction. He's supposed it be one of the best so I didn't fret about cost. The most I was willing to spend was 10k so 6800 was fine with me. The ousts seem to range so much by geographic area it's hard to tell what's too much $ or too little. They have financing but I used my tax refund and a loan from my 401k. The 6800 included the surgeon, the OR, and the anesthesiologist.

More photos

You look amazing!! Happy healing!
Great results! Thanks for sharing the updates!

Side by side before and after

Did you check into getting reduction covered by insurance?
No. I knew that I didn't meet the insurance criteria in order for it to be covered.
You look magnificent! You look almost well. My PS has my nipples too high up.

Day 6

I'm trying to find some other ladies like myself and you look sort of similar to me before op. Just wondering what size and type of implants you ended up going with?
I actually had a lift with a reduction, no implants. Went from DD to full C/small D.
OH I see! Well they look great, thanks!

First follow up

My 1st follow up was this past Tuesday. Went well, had stitches around the areola removed and steri strips added. Some of them started coming off the same day tho. I can see something white in a few spots. Not sure if its flesh or the skin scabbing.

You look like your healing fairly good. My Doc took steristrips off on day 3. I wish he'd left them on longer.My scars are going to be bad. I got on Nextag & bought me some "Scar Guard" for when they get well, to shrink the scars. On Day 3 I was slightly disturbed that my boobs look alot smaller, like you said. I started asking about exchanging implants. He siad that if I'd get bigger implants, then I would wind up sagging again later on because of the weight of them. I have to give them a chance. They are more comfortable, I can say that. (Exept for soreness, and they're really sore. Check my last 2 pics out.
I'm actually ok with the size now. It's nice to we're a top or dress and not feel like I'm all boob. There's always a push-up bra if I need a little more. It may be too early to worry about scars. I have one on my leg from a surgery four years ago that healed nicely without any type of scar treatment. But I do see your point. My scars under the crease seem thick and leathery but I think there are still some stitches in that area.
Thanks. Good luck to you. Waiting is the hardest part

Week 4 Photos

The waiting is killing me right now...17 days...

One month

It's been a little over a month and I'm really glad I decided to go through with it. I. Ant stop staring at them, or talking about them. It's nice to have young looking boobs rather than the floppy granny things I had before. Especially since I'm only 34, never been pregnant, and I've never been too heavy (170 is the most I've weighed).

wow They look Great. Im glad you decided to post your story. Ive been looking for someone who only go a lift without implants because i don't want implants but thats all ive been seeing. thank again you are an inspiration.
Thanks. I had the same problem that's why I decided to post.
Beautiful! You healed very well! are you using anything for scaring?

Week 6

Things are looking good. After two weeks of applying Neosporin the scabs on the left have stared to go away. I have some hypersensitivity on the right and left just above the areola. I started getting feeling back in the left nipple but nothing on the right. I never had much feeling in my nipples so no biggie at this point. Someone asked me about scar treatment. I've been using skin medica gel and silicone sheets on the anchor. The vertical scar looks good but I'm not sure about the anchor scar. The swelling has finally gone down and they got some jiggle back.

Your healing well & the shape looks great!
They look amazing im considering lift with no implants you give me hope.
you look amazing. i'm so happy for you. you must feel so much lighter! and to fill a DD appropriately...not overflow...isn't it GLORIOUS>>

Before and after bikinis

You look great! Thanks for sharing! I've been stalking the breast lift reviews hunting for those with NO implants. Not too many! I hope to get a lift early 2014, just a lift. Thanks again!
you look great!

Week 8

Not much difference or changes in the last week. I'm also adding a before and after on my back. I feel bad for any guys that had to look down at that. They look like they're broken

I love it! you are DEFINITELY not a B! Your before and after bikinis look AMAZING! and your scars are disappearing. i'm happy for you.
your girls look great. Happy healing
Damn gal u look sexy, tell me, is the vertical scar very invisible or it just faded away because i could hardly see on your 2 months post? I want to do the lift but im scared of the vertical scar

Week 8

Adding some close up pics of the vertical and anchor.

Just wrote a long post but don't know where it went..... Oh well You look amazing!! I've been wanting to do a lift for YEARS and have always been scared to because of the scars. Looking at the before and after pic of you on your back made me deff want to save up to finally get it done!
You look great and your incisions healed very well..
You must be soooo happy! They look awesome!

Week 11

The scars around the areola seem to be getting redder, the right side and right areola look bigger than the left side. Still glad I did it

Great results, your looking fab dear!
I hope I look as good as you!! You look gorgeous!!!
Hi, You look amazing! What size bra are you now.

4 months

The vertical scars seem to have gotten darker. The areola scars have raised and are still somewhat tender. No regrets though!

Ohh

I got measured at Victoria's Secret and I'm a 36 D. That seems big to me. I guessed 36 C.

Great story....pictures are detailed Thanks krissyj I am scheduled February 12th have a Flat g-cup breast I am getting a breast lift/reduction NO implants....oh yeah I'm 61 yrs LOL had my tummy tuck Sept2013 when I was 60......I am feeling and lookin' good except for my girls ....They need to be smaller, my surgeon is going to sculpt my breasts using his god I given talent. For now, I Need to learn about what to expect, what I need to do prior to my surgery. I am not really nervous, Canz't wait to be able to buy a bra.....a normal sized bra LOL ((((Hugs)))) LIveLoveBelieve
Good luck. Day two is the worst. It gets better after that as long as you don't over do it with moving about.
Thanks for your review..Boobs looking lovely!

Final follow up

I had my last follow up on Friday. They did my official before and after pictures

Great results, how does it feel to have your new alert breasts? Lol I can't wait to get my lift

Month 5

The vertical scars have gotten darker. It doesn't bug me too much and the guy I have around doesn't seem to care. Here are a few pictures of the journey

Your results really are freat
It feels good. I don't have the same insecurities about being nude or bra less.

Month 6

Things are good. The vertical scars have gotten darker since the surgery but it doesn't really bother me. I had a weird blackhead on the left. I squeezed it and a piece of a semi dissolved stitch came out. I had the same issue a few months back. Still wouldn't change a thing

Also....

I've gotten sensation back in both nipples. They are actually a bit more sensitive to the touch than they were before the surgery. The areola scars are super sensitive too. The skin is a bit dry and leathery because I've been avoiding the area when I put lotion on. Thank goodness for body butter

You look AMAZING!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!! Great review!!
Hi. You look amazing! I have the same issues you had, and I'm getting mine done in a couple of months. I have the same complexion as you. I'm wondering, did the scars become more flat or are they still raised? And are they still dark? Thank you so much.
You look fantastic! I'm looking forward to a lift with a slight reduction. There is hope of a really fantastic outcome, thank you for your posts :-)
Dr Calobrace