33y/o Leaving the IBTC :) Louisville, KY

Super nervous for next monday... don't want...

Super nervous for next monday... don't want "torpedoes" lol. But i trust my PS. I'm getting allergan silicone 339 mod profile, under the muscle, incision below the breast. I'm hoping to be a med C cup afterwards...dont really want to venture in the D range- but I know all bra manufacturers are different :) I'm 130lbs and have a "decent" butt - so hope it balances me out more!
So happy to see you started a review. Your big day is almost here! Will you have anyone to help you with your recovery the first few days? Have you seen this helpful recovery supply list? Keep us posted!
I think a friend of mine is gonna stay with me the first 24hours...my husband is out of town :(
THANK you for the list!! That's a HUGE help!!

Aghhh!

Ok, my best friend who was going to take me to the surgery center on Monday has gone into preterm labor with her twins. (Don't worry...she and the twins will be fine - that's my specialty area in the NICU, so I have called and made arrangements for her at the hospital where I work:) I'll be taking care of them this weekend). Anyway...now I don't have a ride! I will probably end up driving myself and just having my other good friend pick me up. Don't want to ask my mom -she's more weirded out that I'm having a BA than she is supportive.
Congrats to your friend, I hope and pray she and babies are OK. Would a taxi be better? Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting your car home.
Maybe...I live about an hour from the surgery center- I may have to suck it up and ask my mom. Ugh.

3d pre/post pics :)

I keep getting Victoria's Secret and Yandy email ads...and I am so excited! I never even bothered to buy cute lingerie or bikinis before...now I can't wait to go shopping! Here's the 3d pics that my PS took at my pre-op visit :)
I am in Louisville too, so I can't wait to see your results! What are your stats? Good luck and happy recovering :)
I'm 5'6" and 130lbs ...starting at a 32AA or 34A (different bras, different sizes)...im gonna get 339cc allergan smooth under the muscle. Dr. Mizaguchi is my PS. Who did you go to? or are gonna go to?
We are pretty close in stats then. I am 5'2" & 120lbs. We just moved here (this is our second relocation in a year!) so I feel like I am starting all over researching PS.

I have a ride!

Ok...I have a ride- if my friend doesn't flake on me, lol. My husband also said he has a sweet surprise for me on Monday since he's got to be out of town :) So, now I'm excited, starting to get nervous if I think about getting out under too much- hopefully the nurses are good at distraction!!
Kat4you, did you figure out transportation??
I think I'm going with the town car. Its the same price as a cab. I live in vancouver wa and surgery is in portland or which is only 30min drive but technically another state its like 3 buses and the max I'm afraid I'd take the wrong bus and miss my appt. ; ) I dont have family and my friends are working so I dont really have many options. How about you? Are you asking your mom?
Red...the babies are doing great- I took care of them today in the NICU :) They should go home in a couple weeks!

My lovely husband

He came home tonight with a goodie basket for me since he's gonna be out of town for my surgery :) What a sweetie!!! It's got all my favorite indulgences- dark chocolate, wine, nerds, Heath bars, nachos, salsa, and the pill organizer I had been meaning to pick up!! I love that man :)????
Shout out to hubby!!! You are a lucky lady. Good news about your ride too. Looks like everything is falling into place for you. It won't be long now!
Thanks :) I'd like to pick 3 also for consults. Hoping to get that process rolling once we get back from vacation in Florida. Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks! The nerves are starting to set in.

My list :)

Ok- here's what I've got prepped and ready for tomorrow!
Sports bras (zip front)
Frozen peas
Prescriptions placed in pill box
Tea : "smooth move" (in case of constipation)
Bendy straws
Plastic bucket for car
Arnica Montana - helps with bruising and arnica gel
Peaches- helps with constipation
Pineapple juice- helps healing
electric toothbrush- so not using pec muscles :)
Multivitamin with no vit E
Soups/instant meals
Ginger ale
Scar away gel
Pre/post healing vitamins
Pre-surgery instructions
Lots of pillows :)

And I'm doing g my last load of laundry, and last run of dishes in the dishwasher tonight! I'm SET!!!

Here's a few more before pics as well!
Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

More pre-op boobie pics

Just wanna have something to compare to :)

And another...

Boobie pre-op pic
Thanks gals! Just got to the surgery center :)
Good luck today! You're hubby scored big points on the goodie basket! ;)
Good luck!!

Ok...I'mOn the other side, phew!

I actually did it! Can't stop vomiting from the anesthesia, but I'm not in too much pain- just some pressure, like I've done 1,000 push ups.
Hope you feel better soon! Vomiting after surgery can't be the best experience! Good thing it's only temporary and you'll feel amazing once it passes!
Thanks Sam...I've stopped throwing up- so that's better thank goodness. I mostly feel sore- but not in a pain-like way. The muscle relaxers help more than the Percocets do. :)
It gets better I promise, I felt like I had elephant balls on my chest for several days. Not that I would really know what elephant balls feel like, but you get my meaning. I'm sorry you're sick, I felt nausea for a little while and was terrified of throwing up! I hope you feel better.

24 hours post op!

I was able to take my wrap and gauze off this evening, and take a shower, which felt really nice. Still sore, but nothing that is intolerable :)

Comfy sports bra :)

Sports bra

Loving the size :)
TMP you look great!! Hang in there! :)
Congratulations Tmp! Sorry to hear you were sick but glad you're feeling better already. Will your husband be back in town for your post-op visit?
Yes, he comes back in town tonight, and my post-op visit is next Tuesday. My friends have been really great and this support community has been an awesome resource! I don't think I would have gone through with the BA if I hadn't had this support!

63 hours post op :)

Had a rough day yesterday, but I've learned my lesson- I will now take the pain pill every 4 hours to stay ahead of the pain. My boobies are still hard and sitting high, I think once they settle, they'll be the perfect size for my frame :) Does anyone have ideas for good movies or TV series I should check out? I have Netflix too????. Here's a picture of Murphy helping me recover on the couch????
What kind of movies do you like Tmp? I became an expert! Action, Drama, Comedy, Suspense?
Anything but drama :)
White House down is a great action movie. J Edgar hoover was really good but kind of long. Captain Phillips is another excellent movie.

Morning boob

It's real...I'm really "boobie sore" this morning. I'm icing for 20 min at a time, but it's not helping too much. I wish they weren't so sore & tight!

4 days post op

They're still very tight and swollen. Gonna go shopping today for a more comfortable sports bra. Still a bit of bruising. Tape has to stay on until my post op appt on Tuesday. Still taking the muscle relaxer, pain pills, and antibiotic. I really despise the "sloshing" sound (PS says it's air bubbles that'll work themselves out)...I'm hoping that goes away very soon. I've been sleeping on my sides since day 1. My PS never mentioned a restriction on how to sleep, just that belly sleeping would be uncomfortable. I keep looking up lingerie and bras online- can't wait to go shopping once they've dropped!

TMI

I'm not gonna lie to the people reading this...the past 2 days have been miserable. I hope I start feeling better- I have to go back to work on Monday. Boobie blues have stepped in as well. So...to cheer myself up I keep looking at bikinis on Victoria's Secret and lingerie websites telling myself...soon- you will be able to look cute in one of those. I'm having quite the pity party tonight for myself.

Blues

Still with the blues. I hope I start to like these this next week. I'm still in pain and don't know if it's worth it so far.
Hope you are better with the blues and work. Hang in there, from reading other posts everything will pass and one day you will wake up and feel like yourself again! That is what I am hoping for. I warned my husband I may get the blues and it may last a few days, I have pretty much warned him about all the ups and downs, pain, riding high, sleeping problems. Everything I have learned about the sweet women that have shared their experiences. Hope this week brings you out of the blues! You're looking really really good by the way!
Thanks 14737, I appreciate the kind words. I too had warned my husband, and he's been great- he keeps trying to cheer me up, which helps. Good luck to ya! Let us know how it goes!
SO overly emotional. Geez, I feel so silly. Thanks for understanding you guys. I just feel like such a baby when I read that people never needed their pain meds or are completely back to their normal selves in like 2 days...and here I am barely able to move at a week out. (Not in a competitive way, just hate being "the patient" or being vulnerable...because I'm usually the one who takes care of people, I hate being fussed over). And guilty feelings about this being an elective surgery, not even medically necessary. I'm venting. Thanks for the support and kind words.

Post Op appt #1

Hello ladies :) I finally went for my first post op appt today 8 days out from surgery. The "nurse" I saw (and I put that in quotes because I'm a nurse practitioner and she definitely didn't not have the level of professionalism and card that nurses typically do, and she was very very young, my guess is that she was a med tech or nursing student)...Not putting either of those professions down, but she herself had some "learning" to do I suppose. She was brisk, non friendly, and curt. Didn't seem like she had the time of day for me or any questions I had. She (painfully) showed me massages to do, ripped my tape off (after I had asked her if she was going to use adhesive remover- she sad "no, this is quicker"), and said please make your next follow up appt up front for next week on your way out.

Needless to say, I'm not a very happy camper. My PS did not even come in.

I do not expect in ANY way special treatment for also being in the medical community. However, if this is how this office treats all their patients, I don't see how they stay in business. I would never treat my patients this way, and as a bedside nurse I never did either.

That being said, apparently everything is healing properly and I was handed instructions on what to do until my next appt next week. Perhaps the PS will show up to that appt.
Congrats! You look great already in your 4 day post op photos! Its such a shame that you had a rushed and unprofessional follow up appt. I would have been very upset. I too am in the medical field and it is beyond irritating when you aren't treated the way you would treat your patients. I hope that your appts in the future are better. How has going back to work been for you? I went back to the clinic at about a week after and all was fine, but I go back to the hospital tomorrow for the first time without restrictions, so I'm a bit nervous because no one there knows!
It's been fine going back to work...but I work with preemie infants, and mostly at the computer most of the day- so the most painful thing for me was reaching for the phone an re-intubating a patient the first day. I don't have much heavy lifting to do, or I would have been in trouble for sure. No one would have known at work unless I told them- I didn't go too large, lol- so, now I just look normal up top :)
Good luck going back to work :)

15 days post op :)

Went to my 2 week post op appt today. They removed the stitches and I saw my PS. He said everything looks good but I need to be massaging them a little more aggressively. He told me my boobs will take about 3 months to drop....I can't wait till that happens. I'm not in nearly as much pain as I was just 3 days ago- everyday DOES get better.

So...I went to Victoria's Secret and got sized, although I'm not supposed to wear anything but a sports bra for a few months. So, here's some pics of just for fun trying bras on. I think I'll end up being a 32D or 32C. I also bought a few swimsuits :)
How are you feeling? Hope the blues are gone by now. What helpes me through this journey, is Victoria secret shopping and dresses! I love how fill my tops now! And no bra padding! Hang in there and remember you look amazing! What did you end up getting?
you look great! I know shopping for new bras was a lot of fun! It sounds like your recovery is going well. Congrats on leaving the IBTC!!! LOL!!!
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr. Mizaguchi! He's the best, and he's great at what he does! If I ever need anything else done- he's gonna be my go-to.