So Ready for a Mommy Makeover! - Louisiana

I am having an extended tummy tuck, breast lift...

I am having an extended tummy tuck, breast lift with augmentation, and lipo of the hips and under my chin.

I have been wanting to have a mommy makeover for a while, but I am finally going to do it. The opportunity has come that my husband and I will be able to take off of work at the same time so he can care for me. So my surgery is scheduled for June 2, 2011. I would love to have to have it sooner but June will be the perfect time to do it.

I have two children ages 9 and 7. I just recently had a hysterectomy so no more baby's for me. I have wanted this surgery for six years now but I threw around the idea of having another baby until I physically could not.

I met my doctor two weeks ago. He was the first and only PS I have been to. But I was very comfortable with him and his staff. I am going on a another consult tomorrow just to see what my options are. I'm afraid I'm putting all my eggs in one basket just picking the first PS I met with and not exploring my options. This is a huge, life changing decision so I want to explore my options as best that I can. I'm very anxious although I'm ready. My only problem I have had so far is I'm afraid I will look the same after surgery. I don't feel I have unrealistic expectations but I'm a visual person. I have had this body for the last six years and I can't imagine looking any different or not having the belly and saggy boobs. Has anyone else experienced these feelings?

This website has been amazing for me. I read as many story's as I can I spend hours learning about other people's experiences. I wanted to know exactly what I was getting myself into with this surgery and I think there's no better person to hear it from then someone that has been there and done that. So thanks to everyone for sharing there experiences. It is not only helpful but very insightful.

Well today I went to my second consultation. I did...

Well today I went to my second consultation. I did not feel as comfortable with this doctor as I did with the first one. So I am going with the first doctor I met. I'm so ready for this June can't come soon enough!!!

I am having my surgery next Thursday. The date was...

I am having my surgery next Thursday. The date was pushed back due to complications from the hyesterectomy I had back in March.

Photo Update

Wow. What an experience today I am 15 days post op...

Wow. What an experience today I am 15 days post op. This was a little bit bigger than I anticipated. But I am 15 days out today and I'm doing better and better everyday. The first 3-4 days was a blur I don't remember much. On day 4 I got my pain pump out. That was probably the most pain I've had through this whole ordeal and it was the one thing I was told would be painless. I had two drains one was removed on day 7 and the second was removed today. I'm downloading some after photos right now.

I just added new pics. I am satisfied overall with...

I just added new pics. I am satisfied overall with everything so far. My only issue is I think my belly button and the incision are to close together. So is my belly button to low or is the incision to high?? I was told it's all still swollen and wait for the final results. I'm just impatient and I hate waiting.
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

My doctor was amazing. I have seen him twice a week since surgery and his nurse has called me everyday. They have been great with all of my questions and concerns.

Is your date for today? I hope it goes smoothly for ya, and best wishes...HUGS
thanks I actually had to push it back a week. I'm about to update my post. Thanks for the kind words.
I'm not far behind you and I'm glad you are feeling better each day. What size implants did you choose? You are looking great and that's even with the swelling.
My implants are 175cc silicone. I wanted bigger but my PS said it would be to big because he kept telling me I had enough natural tissue there already. I'm glad he did that. I think there a perfect size.
You will look great. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Take a last look at your belly... won't be there in a few hours :)
I am really looking forward to your story since we are having the MM's and I too had one consultation before deciding to go through with it. I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you. Relax and know that I have seen so many amazing stories on here and after the swelling goes away nobody looks anywhere near the same. But OMG we get to have boobies again!! What size are you going for?
U will be great. Go with ur instincts and make sure doc is board certified. It is a giant decision and u will go through a mixture of emotions leading up to it. U will enjoy it in the end