hope i dont need capsular revision surgery

ABOUT ME __ 38 year old 5’3” 122 lb mom...

ABOUT ME

__ 38 year old 5’3” 122 lb mom of 3 ages (8,6,1.5yr)
__ 2 csections
__ lost 30-50lbs after @ pregnancy
__work out 3x week (30min cardio 1 hr weights)
__very in shape, non smoker
__Surgery Date: August 24 7am (5 hours)
__ procedure

BIGGEST FEARS
__ how will I manage my household
__ how will I care for my toddler
__ healing problems
__ will I wake up after surgery!
__will my husband lose it
__will my boobs be too big
__ will my scar be too high
__will I develop a seroma

WHAT I AM TELLING KIDS
__ Remember when mommy had a c section, well I am having another surgery. I am okay and don't worry about my health. But I will not be able to hold you or walk for a while and will need your help. You can be my helpers. Some surgeries are private and this is a private surgery which means you don't have to go telling all your friends “my mom is having surgery”. But if someone asks you where I am, you don't have to lie.. just say “my mom had surgery and she is resting at home”
__My kids are just young enough where they didn't ask any more questions even when I came home. I figure if they see me in the nude and see the scars I can just explain to them what the doctor did but not why.. he cut my tummy and fixed it or he cut my breast to fix them. I am especially not telling my 6 year old daughter because she is already very into hair and dressing up and I don't think she should know why I am doing this.

NIGHT BEFORE

OMG my kids went to bed at 8 and woke up at midnight vomiting with the stomach flu. God help me. I spent the past 2 weeks taking vitamins and giving them vitamins and using hand sanitizer to prevent this. I am supposed to be getting a good nights rest. I am up all night caring for them. I made the mistake of saying to my husband
“ See I told you I should have done this in the summer but instead I listened to you and scheduled this for when they are back in school where they have been exposed to all these new viruses”.. needless to say he was not happy hearing that and let me know it. He said “there is never a good time for a mom to be out of commission for a month”. Later I apologized to him and realized maybe all this was happening to distract me from my stress and worry about my surgery tomorrow morning. I am accepting this as a blessing in disguise and leaving all the sheets with vomit in the backyard for my husband to clean. His last words to me were “How do you run the washing machine?”

--Day 1 Aug 24

I know I have chosen the best doctor. I have spent 1 year reading everyone’s reviews on real self, I made a 5 page powerpoint presentation of photos for my doctor on what I wanted and questions I had, I had referrals from friends, my dermatologist, yelp, google reviews. Finally I met with 3 doctors and chose Dr. L
In the end my decision was based on the fact that he had the most experience in both BA, BL and TT procedures.. More importantly he was open to meeting me as many times as I wanted and did not rush me. Finally his support staff, who I knew I would rely on greatly, were SOO kind to me and responsive. He is not too young, not too senior so I feel he is keeping up with the latest in his field and yet also has enough experience to do the job right.

All 3 doctors told me I needed a Full TT. All 3 said I needed a FULL donut anchor lift and I should definitely do an implant because otherwise I wouldn't have enough upper pole fullness. All 3 said I was very asymmetrical and my chest wall was higher on my bigger breast so I needed to realize that they could not change my anatomy but would do their best to make me look more even. One doc said he wouldn't do my surgery because when he squeezed my breast a small amount of milk came out (1 year after I finished nursing). My doc is using 4 drains and I chose saline implants because I have enough breast tissue to cover them. Also by using saline, I can have them filled to different levels to even out my asymmetry.

I tried the rice test and thought of getting 280cc but in the office the doc said he thinks I should do 350-380. Now listen, I like to dress up but not to look like a Real Housewife. I also want to be able to run and yet want to no longer pad my bikini tops. All my friends say they wish they had gone bigger (but they started out A cups). Then my hair dresser who has implants and wants them reduced convinced me I should stay on the smaller side. SO I chose 320 and the doc filled 320 on my large breast and 340cc on my small.

--Post OP Day 1

Thank God I chose to stay at the home of a recovery care giver. I can not imagine being home after this. Basically its like having 2 csections. I can handle it. But she is handling all my meds for me. Just like how I relied on the nurse at the hospital after I had my babies. It is costing me $500 a night and I am staying 3 nights. The view is beautiful, room luxurious, food delicious, and my caregiver has been very emotionally supportive.

I don't feel any breast pain, taking hydrocodone and valium. I had much more pain when I came out of C section recovery than I did with this. I was worried I would need moraphine or stronger drugs but the doc was right and what ever they are giving me is enough to manage the pain. I am using a walker, hunched over, propped up in bed. Eating soft scrambled eggs, toast and juice. I am alive! I made it.

--Day 3

I am home today and its so nice be home. Ladies: especially those with young children, let me say I am SO GLAD I scheduled help 10 hours a day for 2 weeks straight. I have my mom come in the evenings to give baths and make dinner and school lunches, by babysitter arrives in the morning to get kids ready for school and stay home all day with my toddler, and then my extra caregiver comes on alternate days to do housework and pickup kids. It is not cheap but to me it is worth it to be able to lie in my lift chair and let my body heal. My house is tidy, kids happy, hubby still gets to go work out and have his own time, and I get to rest. I cant lift my baby to change her diaper, and they are doing all the grocery shopping and errands. The last 2 weeks of my recovery my helpers will go down in hours to 6 hours a day.

I am using my power recliner and it is SO worth it. Another great investment. I also have an over the chair bedside hospital table. I bought all the items for tummy tuck supplies listed on other forums on this website. Was fitted for compression stockings the week before surgery and have on my compression binder given by the doctors office now. (Velcro 3 bands)

First bowel movement was difficult, but took MiraLax every day and a stool softener.

--Day 4

One of my greatest fears has been alleviated. You know how when you come home from having a baby, your older child seems so much more mature and grown up. Well, my 1.5 year old who is always asking for me to carry her said to me today “mommie has ouchie? Momma sit with me?” It was as if she knew I could not carry her and was willing to just sit by my side. She is not sleeping in her bed (I moved her mattress to the floor 1 month before my surgery so that I wouldn't have to lift her out of the crib) I used to have to sing to her and lie next to her to get her to sleep, and since I can not do that, she is sleeping in my bed next to her older sister and next to me in the recliner. Oh well, She is sleeping and that is all that matters now. I am learning that when you have a mommy makeover, you have to let some things just be. I will just have to re sleep train her when I am better. The key is that my family is being very supportive.

Initially my husband was not. He said he loved my body the way it was and didn't understand why I wanted to do this. But he also said he would let me do it if it made me happy. However he never asked me how I was feeling about this surgery and it kind of hurt me because I knew he didn't ask because he was not for the surgery. I bought all supplies, organized all caregiver schedules, cooked all meals and froze them, went to my surgery alone. Now, however, that I am in recovery, he is being very patient, helpful and kind. What a wonderful husband I have for man-ing up and standing by me for a selfish decision of mine.

--Day 5

MY OPINION ON THE OUTCOME OF MY SURGERY

- BREAST
-I think they are a little too big. I could have gone smaller, but I am telling myself that it takes at least 2 months for them to drop and reduce in size. I guess it will all be okay and I will reserve final judgment until then.
-Doc did a great job with the lift and areola reduction, stitches are barely visible
-I am surprised that my suture line under breast is so long and high up the sides but that is okay
-They turned out as even as I expected. Not perfect but much better than before.

- TUMMY
-the scar line is as long as I expected but still shocking to see how long when you see it for the first time
-the scar is a bit higher than I would have wanted, but not as high as some worse case scenarios I saw on other people’s photos. I hope I can hide it in a bikini, I think I can. I also recognize that it is still a good tradeoff for no longer having to suck in my belly all the time. Doing your research on RS website is worth it because it sets a level of expectation. I think I would be really depressed if I did not have realistic expectations.
- My tummy is still puffy, but maybe that is after surgery swelling? I wonder why it is still puffy

- BELLY BUTTON
-Ladies: what do you think of my belly button? Why are the stitches so far away from the button? I can’t seem to locate any other umbilicoplasty results that are like mine? Do you think I will have a circular ring scar around my new belly button?

--DAY 6

Everyone told me when depression and doubt hits, I should be aware of it and push through. Well, they were right. Today I doubted why I did this to myself. Shouldn't I be grateful for the body God gave me.? Think of people who are suffering or sick and here I am going through all this to look good in a bikini? I also was questioning my faith as a learning Christian and realizing how contradictory my mommy makeover was to my spiritual beliefs. Bibles and boobies? Is that what I am ? What about my daughters what message am I sending them? Everyone always envied my beach body and was amazed how in shape I was after 3 kids, so why did I have to look perfect? Then, I remembered that this is depression and doubt and I need to put it all aside. I need to remember how I didn't like wearing lingerie because of my saggy boobs, and all those times I sucked in my tummy when wearing a tight dress, and padding my bras when I go to work out. I will not worry if other people whisper like I used to “I bet she had a TT and boob job..” I do everything for my family and always put my own needs aside for them, I am done having kids and want to enjoy my body for the next 40 -50 years so I am taking this 1-3months and doing this for myself!

--DAY 11

I had my drains out on Day 7 and loved it. Basically the drains don't hurt but are uncomfortable and drag you down. Once they are out it feels like you are starting your recovery mode. Prior you feel like you were just operated on. I took a valium and 2 vicodin and the pain was equivalent to a bikini wax.

PROBLEM: I have developed a water blister from my CG rubbing on my breast. The blister is 2 inches long above my breast bottom suture line. I am worried. I am allergic to Neosporin polysporin so I was told to wash 3x day with hybacleanse and pat dry and use Vaseline and gauze pads to cover it. Becareful with your Compression garments and check your body several times a day and skin to see there are no areas of friction. I was checking 1x a day and could have caught it earlier. Your skin is numb after surgery so you cant feel a problem starting. I felt a little itchy discomfort and when I looked I saw the blister. The doc is seeing me tomorrow.

I am keeping my rating as not sure because of my belly button, blister, and tummy swelling and breast swelling. I think I will change it once I am healed at the 3-6month mark. Then I am very optimistic my rating will be worth it!

Please tell me what you think of my breast...

Please tell me what you think of my breast size?too big? and my belly button stitches

I have added another breast photo

I have added another breast photo

2 weeks Post Op I want to have a compression...

2 weeks Post Op

I want to have a compression garment bonfire party

I slept without my CG last night... just a treat. Now I have my ace bandage on the top of my breast to push my implant down into the pocket and my bra feels SO tight.. the band part. I took it off today but the nurse said to buy a looser compression sports bra and wear it. So I just bought a Hanes one on Sears.com. I was wearing an underarmour zip front but it had padded molded cups and made me look big.. I want something more breathable.

So I am putting my CG garment back on and just dealing with it. I cant wait to switch to spanx after 4 weeks. I am also bored at home.. I am still not standing upright and am waddling like a penguin. But the doc said thats normal. But I am bored. I had my caregiver drive me to my sisters so my baby could play around and I could lie down and get out of my house. I just cant wait to grocery shop and do laundry again and be a mommy chaueffer! I cant believe I just said that.

Post Op 2.5 weeks It happened.. 2 stitches at...

Post Op 2.5 weeks

It happened.. 2 stitches at the T intersection of my lift started working out.. I could feel them and the area around them was not healing nice. My doctor pulled them out and it left an pencil tip eraser size hole. He was very reassuring and told me not to worry and to keep it clean and put vaseline on it.. (since Im allergic to Neosporin polysporin). My sitter had the same thing happend to her scar area and it left her with wide red scars. But I am hopeful that since it was only 1 stitch thus far it will heal okay if I keep after it.

Mobility: I am only taking Tylenol when needed. I am walking around with slouched shoulders and i feel like the string part of a bow and arrow that has been pulled too tight. I look like I am walking around with a stick up my butt since I can not stand totally straight.. I appear to be waddling. This has prevented me from getting out of the car to pick my kids up from school. I am hopeful that by week 4 I will be walking normally with slouched shoulders. I guess I am where I expected to be. My helper is coming 5 days a week but only 11-5.. to unload dishwasher, move trashcans, make beds, help with heavy lifting.. I am washing dishes, changing diapers, prepping breakfast, feeding animals etc... I also am able to have sex with my husband. In a way it is a lot like having sex after you have a baby, and taking it slow. I am still keeping my shirt on since my scars are healing.. but maybe taking it slow and slowly revealing yourself is a good gradual introduction for both us to my new body.

My blister skin came off. so that ugly thing is gone and only left a faint red imprint. I am using scarguard 2x a day, vitamin C lotion on my tummy and breast 1x day as prescribed by doc, and doing breast massage 3x a day for 4 min (which is NOT a massage bu painful manipulation). I am really trying to keep on top of all this to have the best outcome.

What do you think of the transition below and above my tummy tuck at the sides of my body? What about my belly button?

Post Op 2.5 weeks It happened.. 2 stitches at...

Post Op 2.5 weeks

1 month post op My right breast is soft and...

1 month post op

My right breast is soft and dropped, but my left breast the implant is sitting above the pocket and my real breast tissue prior to lift and implant is soft and sitting low, the area above my nipple appears totally planar and flat.. ? What is this? I am doing massage 3x a day. it also feels sore and engorged in the top half.

Also what do you think of my Belly Button scar? the top is nice but the bottom has a raised ring and I am using scar guard and now switching to oleeva scar strips 23 hrs a day.. but I just can not imagine it will fade to skin color?

Good news: I am totally active again.. picking kids up from school running errands etc.. but at end of day my tummy is swollen and my left breast feels engorged and tight. I wear my binder all day and night and wake up flat. I have not started working out again.. I can picture doing that in 3 weeks. The pencil size open wound under my left breast is finally healed using silver niacin.. it took 4 weeks. SO slow. but thank goodness it is closing. i love my new tummy. I really think my breast are overall much improved from my before photos. Yes, I am glad a I did this. I went clothes shopping and everything fit! I like my not too large breasts cuz I can still wear high neck tight shirts and not look top heavy.

Revisedphoto

revisedphoto

I just got back from my 1 month post op. The...

I just got back from my 1 month post op. The doctor told me not to worry about my BB because swelling would subside and scar would fade. He did agree that my implant on the right side is riding high. He said that the capsule may be constricting and forcing it up. Just my luck. My husband even said it feels hard.

I was instructed to massage OFTEN and wear my compression strap and see him again end of January (in 4 months). I was also told to take Aleve or Cingulair.. I am going to take Aleve 2x a day as an anti inflammatory.

I guess I am just concerned I would need revision surgery done. He thinks my case is moderate and if the breast does not drop I am not such a severe case as to demand surgery. But I REALLY want the breast to drop and will be following all his orders and wishing for the best. (sigh) I wish I could find a compression strap that was better than this ACE bandage.

I interviewed 3 doctors and he was mid priced, but I chose him because he seemed most experienced, caring and knowledgable. His staff was the most attentive and I knew I would be relying on them for my aftercare. I was referred to him by a friend, did my online research and met with him 2x (no cost) for consults. He answered my detailed list of questions with great patience. He has an air of confidence without being cocky. He is also really caring but seems like the kind of person you want in charge of your body when under the knife in a dangerous setting: he would know what to do. I am happy with my choice.

Check out marenagroup.com if you click on breast support and scroll down there's different straps and binders to check into. I'm not sure what you need but it's something to look into. This is the company that I got my compression garmet from. Good luck!
I'm so sorry you ae going through all of this stress :(. I remembered seeing some compression straps a while back and found the link for you: http://www.plasticsurgeryshop.com/post-surgical-bras/ They have several models after the regular bras. I hope the massaging works. Will you have to pay large fees in addition to dealing with more pain, if you have revision surgery done? Good luck....
Yes I am right handed so maybe that is true. But there is a PS on real self who says dropping is a myth. I have an appt Tuesday with my doc and will ask him. I appreciate your BB comment but it really has a visible half circle ring on the bottom so I hope it flattens out and fades. It seems some girls have stitches inside the BB instead of out. Maybe different technique ? Or impossible with mine.
There are plenty of pics on here where you can see the breasts before and after they drop; and every PS I've talked to says they take time to drop. I'd trust them rather than the one who says otherwise, imho. You look great overall, but your BB does look different. Why not submit before and after pics to the Ask a Doctor forum and see what they have to say about whether the stitching will end up inside or outside, etc.?
You look great! Are you right handed? I am and think my right breast has dropped quicker b/c I prob use those muscles more b/c I'm a righty. Just sayin that might have something to do with one dropping sooner. It takes a few months for them to drop and fluff. Give it time. Your bb looks fine to me. Have you been instructed to put anything inside? Lije gauze or marble? My PS instructed me to start with gauze and use a marble later to get it opened up. Mine was closed with all the skin inside it. You look really good!!
Thank you so much for your wonderful review so far. What you said about the stuff happening the day before the surgery being a needed distraction--so inspiring. Also, about wanting to enjoy your body for the next X years. My first consultation isn't till next week, so I don't know what I'll have done, but your reasoning is exactly why we do it, most of us normal (non celebrity) people.

It looks kind of like your swelling is just pushing out your BB and spreading it. I hope your healing continues apace! Please keep posting :D
Terra
Your breast are still swollen, it can take at least 4 months or longer for the swelling to go down and for them to drop and be soft. So keep that in mind. I got my bb stitches out on day 14 and a lot of change can happen in just a few days. I think you look great !! Continued Happy Healing.. Keep posting

I think they look great- your boobs. What is that blister on you breast?
Thank you. Yesterday I took my kids (with babysitter) to the park PO day 13? and wow I felt it afterwards even though I walked around like a little old lady at the park. I am looking at my boobs this morning after a shower and I really like them. i think when they settle they will be a good fit.. the blister is a water blister caused by my compression garment rubbing on me when I could not feel it. My doctor is seeing me today just to keep an eye on it. its been there about 4 days now and not popping.. I am supposed to keep it clean and free of infection.
You look great! Wow good job on losing those 30 lbs, I would know because I'm struggling with it myself. I can really relate to you because my boyfriend/baby daddy isn't supportive of me either so I told him that I don't expect him to but just to be there for me and he also told me to drive myself to the hospital on the day of my surgery (sept. 20), that really hurt me a lot and needless to say, I wasn't talking to him for a week. Guys just don't understand us women/mothers! I am doing this for me, myself, and I. Having babies takes a toll on your body, physically, mentally and emotionally and they don't get that at all.
Anyways, I am so happy for you. You look great now I can't wait to see your pics when the swelling goes down and stitches comes off. I think your boobs looks good, I'm getting 450 cc. Happy healing.
Thank you. I hope your BF comes around especially if you are relying on him for help post op. Good luck with your surgery
Thanks Angie. I will keep my pics updated to track progress. I am most concerned with my blister, belly button stitch margin and tummy and breast swelling but my PS has been so kind and I think I am just being a nervous nilly.. so helpful to read everyone elses post. posted an ask doctor and will wait for response

I love love love your review so far! I'm sorry your kids had the stomach flu the night before  your surgery (I'm hoping you never got it) and that your husband took a while to come around. I'm no medical professional, but it looks like you had some definite muscle separation in your stomach and I imagine you'll look much much tighter after you're healed. Please keep us posted!