Ulthera Did Not Work - Los Angeles, CA

I had Ulthera done in May of 2012. I paid $2000,...

I had Ulthera done in May of 2012. I paid $2000, which was the cheapest I could find. I waited six months, hoping to see some results, but when I saw none, I asked the doctor to re-do it for no additional charge. It took several phone calls to his office, (guess they were just hoping I would go away) but they finally agreed. When I arrived I was told that the Ulthera treatment protocal had changed since my last visit and that I had not received enough "lines" of treatment before. If this was the case, why did the doctor not call his Ulthera patients and tell them they would need to come in again?

So, in January of 2013 I received a lengthy treatment. Now, five days later, my face is swollen and I look like a chipmunk. I hope the swelling will go away and that this time I will see some results. This is a HIDEOUSLY painful procedure, especially as the new protocal requires deeper blasts of the laser, and I would not reccommend it without a nerve block anasthesia. Actually, at the moment i can't recommend it at all. I will let this community know if I see some improvement. Thanks.

I said I would update this community regarding my...

I said I would update this community regarding my 2nd Ulthera treatment.
It's almost two months after my 2nd and very powerful Ultherapy/Ulthera treatment and NO improvement whatsoever.

Could you please post your before and after pictures?
Also don't you think it's insane you spend over $3000 and there's no call to see how you are doing or follow up appointments? Just criminal
My second procedure was also more painful and all I took was Advil. Yep the doctora also mislead patients with exaggerated claims. I can't stress enough how this is one procedure you should avoid at all costs!!!!
FYI the Ulthera company responded to my complaint. I want a refund. Will keep all you ladies updated as to their response. DON'T DO ULTHERAPY!!!
Wow, a nerve block? I had the procedure done with great results, and did not take an asprirn. Painful? Yes. But a nerve block seems drastic. Hope it helped.

I don't think it seems drastic given that some people opt for nerve blocks to get fillers injected, and many people have reported this treatment as pretty uncomfortable.

I too was told the protocal had changed and the doctor brought the ulthera technician in to redo the treatment. I had lower face and neck done. 2 months later still no results!!! Buyers beware- don't do this procedure. Look at all the before and after pictures. There's no difference!!! The Ultera company is c omitting fraud and highway robbery. It's a total ripoff!
Collagen rebuilding doens't happen overnight. It can take several months to produce healthy new collagen. Hopefully you will begin to see an improvement with more time. If they did not tell you that before your treatment, shame on them. There are many factors that can make a difference in these type of procedures, lifestyle, genetics, age, etc. I have yet to see anyone who did not get a considerable ilmprovement with Ultrasound Therapy.Make sure you get your after pictures done and compare them with your before pics.
Thanks for your response. I'm Thanks for your response. I understand it takes time for collegian to rebuild however I have no lines on my face and look 10 years younger. My neck is loose and I was told that it would tighten the area. After 2 treatments on neck and jowl area there is no improvement whatsoever. I've also lodged a complaint with Ulthera the company who manufactures the Ultherapy machines. I will scream it from the mountain tops that this service is a Complete ripoff! Buyer don't beware....SAVE YOUR $$$!
Damn auto correct. I meant collegan

Oh, I'm really interested to hear what happens with this second treatment!! Did you have your face and neck done? How is the swelling looking now?

Yes face and neck. 2nd treatment. Swelling gone. No improvement whatsoever. TotAl ripoff!
I am the original poster. Let me clarify that I waited seven months after the first procedure and saw NO results. (The literature states sis months at max for results) When I bugged the doc's office enough, they finally re-did the procedure gratis, and it was at that time that I was told that the protocal had changed and that the amount of "lines" I'd been given the first time were not enough to make a difference. Now it has been about six weeks since the 2nd more powerful procedure. Let's hope it works. So far I have seen zero results. Pain is subjective; what hurts one person may not hurt another. Also, Ulthera has different strengths on the machine; the 2nd treatment I had was more powerful than the first and so much more painful. The amount of pain depends on how strong of a blast/shock you get from the machine. I was told by the technician that when the doctor performs the level I had it at, he uses an actual nerve block. But, that would cost a lot more as it involved a doctor so it is only offered to patients that can pay for it. I think the doctors will continue to push this treatment so they can pay off their machines; and they will not offer pain control beyond pills as it would only cost them money.