Tummy Tightening Monologues - Los Angeles, CA

After giving birth to three amazing children...

After giving birth to three amazing children it's time to bring my body body back to it's original form. I knew once I had my first child 10 years ago, I wanted a tummy tuck. I didn't want to have the procedure, until I was absolutely positive, I needed confirmation I was done bearing children and tried working out and eating a clean diet would not briing about the results I was searching for. After each child I gained approx. 45-60 pounds and lost it each time. My body never had it's groove back. My stomach was always lax and my muscles would not sinch in my stomach! I have been staying at the same weight for the past 18 months and now is the time! I decided I want to enjoy my body again wear and desired clothing with confidence.

Day 3 post op. I think I am doing much better!...

Day 3 post op. I think I am doing much better! Still spending the majority of the time on my back. My kids have all been helping and love to help me fill my water and help me walk to the restroom. I have watched 5 movies in the past 24 hours. water for Elephants and Crazy, Stupid, Love are my faves so far!! regarding my body, my sides are burning. I get tingling in my stomach and small spasms every so often. I have a major bed head!! LOL On a brighter side, my stomach and waist look the best I have seen them since I was a teenager!! My husband has been very supportive and helpful!! I can't wait to get rid of my "balls or package"!! :)

I got mine out yesterday as well!! I am trying so...

I got mine out yesterday as well!! I am trying so hard to wean off the Vicodine!! my back hurts soooo much!! Well, all over pain.. At 4am, I gave in and took one!! Then, I slept great!!

Taking the drains out was a Godsend though!!! I feel like a normal person with a LOT of back pain and tenderness in my Stomach..

I am sooo happy with the results!! The Doctor said I was recovery great and to try my best to wear the compression garment. He said it would really help. He wants me to lie down flat and wean off the Vicodine.. He believes the faster off the meds the faster recovery!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I got mine out yesterday as well!! I am trying so...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today, i had my first sneeze!!! That was PAINFUL!!...

Today, i had my first sneeze!!! That was PAINFUL!! Thank God it onlh lasts about a minute! I am feeling better everyday! I finally cleanes up all the glue from the tape. I am really loving my results! I jist can't believe this is my body!! I am so happy! I even took the kids for a walk to the park today! I am totally off vicodine now. My scar is more flat due to the compressiin garment. I am used to wearing it now as well. Everyday, I feel better, thank God!!!

I survived Disneyland yesterday!! Wow, I can't...

I survived Disneyland yesterday!! Wow, I can't believe it! I was swollen after but, I made it and felt pretty good! My scar is healing nicely. Almost all of the scabs are gone and my belly button is looking less red and wet. Today, at work I felt almost 90%!! Once,I went home I felt very tired and just wanted to lay down!! can't wait to see how my belly button is going to look, it changes everyday! :) I went through my clothing and threw out many items that are too large and out dated!! All of my clothes are either baggy or if they were tight/ small, they fit nicely now!!! Finally, at almost three weeks the "playground" is offically open! I am just trying to take things easy and listen to my body.

I worked out light today! I feel great! I also saw...

I worked out light today! I feel great! I also saw my PS for a one month check up. Everything looks great! I stil have swelling and he thinks my garment is not heloing when sitting due to boning curving and putting more pressure. He suggested to start bioCorneum a scar treatment silicone gel. I will purchase after Christmas!! Time to get stuff for my kids first!! He advised to stop using the polysporin for now and let it heal by itself (bellybutton). Has anyone tried the gel? In the meantime, I will use the palmers oil and get a flexees/spanxs type of under garment. :)
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. O'Toole and staff are amazing people. They are very kind, empathetic and professional!! Dr. O'Toole has great presence and bedside manner. He listened and answered all my questions and would make sure I understood. Sarah, the office manager is very sweet and is very fast with follow up and questions! When I asked for referrals she followed up right away with three women. One of the referrals even met me at the office to see her results in person! This is the day of my surgery and I am so happy with my results!! I can just imagine how I will look in 1,3 and 6 months!! Lastly, he said he was a belly button expert, he truly performed art!!!:)

any pics New??
do you have pics!
Thanks Jen37and3 (that describes me as well! ) Thank you all for the well wishes!!! We are lucky to have each other, this site and the pain pump!! Gotta love Modern tech!
Glad to hear you are doing well. Can't wait to see your pics!
Good luck today! I was yesterday. I was a basket case, but and everything went great
Best of luck tomorrow Newlife4tummy!! I hope your journey is as painfree as possible! Update when you can!! :)
Thinking of you tomorrow :)
Good Luck with your procedure! I'm scheduled for 11-18-11. So' I'll be recovering with you.
What Dr are you using. Im not sure how to find a good Dr for a resonable price in LA
Dr. O'toole in Pasadena! I highly recommend him. I wrote a review as well.:)
Yes, I am excited!! i just have a few things to pick up for the weekend! just, need some Ginger Ale, Wedge pillow and low sodium soup. Basically, I am ready for this new journey!

Welcome to RealSelf!   Not much longer to wait now and you will have that beautiful new tummy.  How exciting that you will be all healed and ready for spring shopping.

I would love to hear more about how you found your doctor and RealSelf.  I look forward to following your journey and will be thinking about you next week.  Keep us up to date.

Welco, Newlife!! Your procedure is right around the corner - awesome!! I'm having my tt in Jan and I cannot wait! How are your preparations coming?
Hi MaumeeMG, I am doing very well! Recovering on my 3rd day after surgery! My stomach looks amazing!! It's hard for sure but worth it!!!