Awful!! Flew to LA to Have it Done - Los Angeles, CA

Having read some of the reviews I decided I would...

Having read some of the reviews I decided I would only do sculptra if I went to the best doctor available so I flew out to LA to have it done. Even in the hands of a skilled doctor I ended up with marble sized lumps on my face. I have always been told that I was beautiful and didn't look my age however since this procedure my face looks lumpy and bloated. No one describes me as beautiful any more. This cost me almost $9000 for just the procedure (2 times) and it is the worst thing I have ever done.
The doctor attempted to hide the lumps by putting filler around them and this has given me a puffy weird look.
There is no guarantee even with the "best" doctor that you will get good results. Stay away from this product!!!

Los Angeles Dermatologist

She reprimanded her staff the entire time she was working on me. She even called staff members who were not involved in my procedure to come in so that she could reprimand them. It was uncomfortable to say the least. She also charges 4x what anybody else does for the procedure and the results were very unsatisfactory. Even the Botox she did made my eyes droop.

I am also extremely sorry that I used Sculptra, my face has deflated and now looks old, droopy from all the massaging, hollow, and full of wrinkles that I didn't have before. BIG MISTAKE - NOW I DON'T EVEN WANT TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!
UNCGAL, if you just had it done, and you may be one of the fortunate people who had it done correctly, you will get filling reaction for at least a year. It was injected while I was supposed to be having a right lateral canthoplasty. The jerk dr did not even have my informed consent to use it. He injected it under my eyes and I had a really bad reaction, as could be expected from this improper use of the device. I am 5 years later and 3 or 4 reconstructive surgeries later and I still can not look in the mirror. The first 3 years my husband removed all of the mirrors in the house except for the bathroom. But my point is, it keeps growing and changing for a long time. So if you just had it done it will keep growing. It may even work out for you. I wish nothing happened in my experience because nothing is always better then disfigured. I wish you better luck then I have had with this bad stuff.
Also, I have experienced fibrosis after the odd sculptra puttylike filler collapses. So actually Sculptra damages normal connective tissue by causing scaring and fibrosis. You end up looking worse. It is a terrible idea of a product and most reputable Drs no longer use it.
Hi Dru11, I had the Sculptra injected about 5 months ago. At first it made my face look fuller and I looked younger, but now I look much older. I wasn't told by my dermatologist that I had to massage the injection sites. All the massaging stretched my skin. So sorry to read about all your problems!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your reply!!!
I agree, Sculptra is a dangerous product. it has ruined my life. i guess even the great sculptra guru Dr. Fitzgerald has patients that get lumps. sounds like the sculptra is the problem. And Drs willing to play craps with our face, that is another problem. opps... so sorry your are now completely disfigured and sick, next.
Hi 5308anon, I am sorry you had a negative experience. If you don't mind me asking, how much pressure did you apply in your after-care massage? and how often did you massage? Also, could you feel the lumps after the first set of injections? Or did you start feeling them after the second set? The amount you paid for the two sets of injections does seem like a lot; you must have had a lot of areas injected. Thanks for your feedback.