Mixto Laser for Acne Scar Treatment - Los Angeles, CA

I am asian in my late twenties with moderate/...

I am asian in my late twenties with moderate/ severe acne scarring. I have tried ever laser, and I do mean every laser, but this was the best laser in correcting my acne scars. I have tried cool laser, fraxel, and other fractionated lasers, but none of them were as strong and effective as this laser. It definitely was intense, but I was made very comfortable by Dr. Rahimi and his numbing techniques. I healed in about 3 days after some serious skin peeling, but my skin was amazingly smoother and more even. And this was after just one procedure. I will be having my second laser treatment at the end of the month. I also use oxygenetics foundation after my skin has healed to cover the slight redness which could linger.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the MiXto laser, glad to see you got the results you were looking for. Did you find the treatment painful and do you know what setting it was on?

The treatment was intense, but dr. Rahimi made it very comfortable. I was given a shot to relax me, a numbing agent under my tongue and he numbed my cheeks with an injection on top of numbing cream. I could still feel the laser, but it wasn't that bad. I've had so many other lasers so I could feel it was intense, but it wasn't too painful. I'm not sure of the setting. I can ask the doctor when I get my second session. If you have acne scars, trust me, I have tried every laser out there safe for ethnic skin and this was the best. Save your money from those other lasers and just try this. I wish I had just done this earlier and saved so much time and money. Please ask any questions. I would love to help someone out there.
What other laser's have you tried?

I just had my second treatment

I just had my 2nd treatment and it went very smooth. Dr. Rahimi made me feel so comfortable physically and emotionally. The laser was stronger this time, but thanks to the doctor I didn't feel much of a difference. The numbing cream, and steps they take to make you comfortable are such a relief!!! I actually didn't mind any part of the procedure. I can't wait for the results!!! Please message if you have any questions.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Dr. Rahimi is amazing and by far the most talented doctor in treating acne scarring for ethnic skin tones. He was very professional and helped answer all my questions effectively. I am always scared when dealing with lasers because of hyper pigmentation, but dr. Rahimi made me feel at ease and after my first procedure I have full confidence in him and his abilities.