Lumpy, dented, irregular liposuction and botched lip lift, tip-plasty, and earlobes by Dr. Randal Haworth - Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Haworth left me with a lumpy, dented body...

Dr. Haworth left me with a lumpy, dented body after performing liposuction on me. I am in my 30s, with a BMI of 19. It has been a very long year of emotional distress/ covering up my body due to the very unfavorable results of his work (which I'm sure he is unaware of due to his complete lack of follow through). I'm finally ready for a revision and will not be going to him.

Lumpy, dented liposuction and deep double butt crease after liposuction by Dr. Randal Haworth

I finally got brave enough to post photos...

Since tomorrow I am having a revision, I took some pictures to document the hideousness of Haworth's work before the evidence is gone. This is what he charged me $19,000 to do. I hope that I will see an improvement but it's very doubtful that this will be able to be fully repaired. I'll never get back the two years that I've lost, or forget the mental anguish that I've suffered, and Haworth has never offered to give back even one cent of the money that I gave him to do this to me. Don't buy the lie, he is a TERRIBLE surgeon and an even worse human being.

5 days post op

Too soon to tell how things are looking, I'm wearing the compression garment and am swollen and bruised though the pain isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.The nurse who took care of me after surgery with Haworth told me that "he isn't known for being gentle" so I think that my surgeon's gentle touch has definitely made a difference in my pain level. I weigh TEN pounds more than I did the morning of the surgery so clearly I am retaining a ton of water. I had a nurse for the first 24 hours and now I've just been sleeping day and night. My doctor gave me a prescription for valium as well as pain killers so every time I wake up I take a few more pills and go back to sleep. It's all a fuzzy haze since the surgery which is fine by me. I'll check back in a few days. Bye for now.

Photo update

A few of you have asked about new photos now that it has been more than 6 months since my first revision attempt. The doctor that I saw is very ethical, talented, and conservative, and made some improvement, but as you can see from the photos, the major gouges are still very visible. I am still searching for a resolution to these deformities.

Lumpy, Dented, Irregular Liposuction by Dr. Randal Haworth - Los Angeles, CA

During the consultation phase he was very accomodating. I spent $19,000 for this procedure but after the first post op appt, I never heard from him again. I called in about a week later with surgery related complications and was passed off to another doctor to deal with; not a word from Randal Haworth. My follow up appt (by phone due to the fact that I live out of state) came and went without a call from him or his office, and they never explained, apologized, or rescheduled.

My results are terrible and I have spent years and tens of thousands of dollars attempting to correct the mess he made of my body. When I voiced my justifiable displeasure with the results by writing this review I was met with hostility and wholly unprofessional and unethical behavior on the part of this doctor.

Initially it was just the photos with my brief statement at the top of the page. See his response at the bottom of this thread. He didn't like his horrific work being shown (bad for business I'm sure), and went as far as to disclose my confidential medical information in an attempt to blame my bad results on my having had prior surgery, even though all of the pictures illustrate areas previously untouched by another surgeon. His response was in some ways worse than the original harm, as it cannot be written off as a mistake. It speaks volumes.

I have also dealt with several "happy patients" of Dr. Haworths posting their glowing reviews on my thread, and even trying to excuse Dr. Haworth for my unacceptable results. To me this reeks of damage control. I have never before seen a happy patient attack those with bad results but this is a frequent occurrence on Dr. Haworth's threads.

I was not particularly keen to post my nude, disfigured body on the internet, but feel that it is important to speak out and let people see what can happen. Too many of us slink away in shame rather than letting others learn from our mistakes. Beware the marketing machine and proceed with caution!

?

Hmm, I thought the "Update Your Review" text box would update the review at the top of the page where the title is. Silly me. It left my original title review and then added the other at the bottom of the page. Not user friendly in the slightest.

Before photo

3 weeks from second revision!

Well, I'm about 3 weeks away from my revision! I have put on 15 pounds so far and have 5 more to go so that I'll have plenty of harvestable fat. I have to say I will never worry about gaining weight again, it is NOT easy to put on so much weight in a short period of time. It really puts it in perspective that an indulgence here and there won't have much of an effect on your overall weight. I normally stick with an organic diet but have finally folded and bought myself some High Protein Boost which is a high calorie chocolate shake. 240 calories in an 8 oz serving. 4 of those a day on top of a 2000 calorie diet and you can gain a pound every 3 days (it takes 3000 unburned calorie to gain one pound). It's all corn syrup and other crap ingredients but it does the job without having the uncomfortable fullness of too much food. Anyways, I'm getting nervous and super excited. I'll make sure to take some pics soon!

Lip lift, tip plasty and earlobe reduction photos

I am including photos of all of the surgeries that Haworth performed on me.

After gaining 20 pounds for fat transfter surgery! EEEK

So here they are, photos of my body after gaining 20 pounds of harvestable fat. I am only 5'4" tall so the weight gain looks massive on my frame. My body has lost all of it's shapeliness since having liposuction, and now with the weight gain, it is square, dented and heavy looking... Lovely. Can't believe I'm posting these online :) Anyways, surgery in just a few weeks now, so I'll pack on as much as much as I can so that my doctor has a lot to work with. I want my body re-shaped to regain a more feminine silhouette as well as an improvement in the dents. I know I won't look perfect, but I think he can make a good improvement. Hard to imagine going down from here. Afterwards I will go back to my normal weight and resume exercising and the theory is that the weight will come off fairly evenly and that the new shape will be retained with the fat cells re-distributed in different places. This is going to be a massive surgery, not just a little touch up!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

During the consultation phase he was very accomodating. I spent $30,000 for these procedures but after the first post op appt, I never heard from him again. I called in about a week later with surgery related complications and was passed off to another doctor to deal with; not a word from Randal Haworth. My follow up appt (by phone due to the fact that I live out of state) came and went without a call from him or his office, and they never explained, apologized, or rescheduled. My results are terrible and I have spent years and tens of thousands of dollars attempting to correct the mess he made of my face and body. When I voiced my justifiable displeasure with the results by writing this review I was met with hostility and wholly unprofessional and unethical behavior on the part of this doctor. He didn't like his horrific work being shown (bad for business I'm sure), and went as far as to disclose my confidential medical information in an attempt to blame my bad results on my having had prior surgery, even though all of the pictures that I originally posted illustrate areas previously untouched by another surgeon. I have since added photos of my facial features which were previously operated on but as you can see, he made them much much worse. Does a patient not have a right to expect an improvement when they pay a surgeon for a revision? Does a patient not have a right to expect an improvement with primary surgery? If these are unreasonable expectations then Dr. Haworth respectfully needs to find a new line of work. His response was in some ways worse than the original harm, as it cannot be written off as a mistake. It speaks volumes. I have also dealt with several "happy patients" of Dr. Haworths posting their testimonial reviews on my thread, and in some instances even trying to excuse Dr. Haworth for my unacceptable results. To me this reeks of damage control. I have never before seen a happy patient attack those with bad results but this is a frequent occurrence on Dr. Haworth's threads. In my opinion this business shows no understanding of basic customer service or patient care, and Dr. Haworth, in my opinion, is lacking not only in technique, but in an eye for the aesthetics of the female form. Furthermore, his arrogance, unprofessionalism, lack of ethics, aggression, and hostility when confronted with his shoddy work add insult to injury. I believe my photos speak louder than any words. I was not particularly keen to post my nude, disfigured body or scarred and botched features on the internet, but feel that it is important to speak out and let people see what can happen. Too many of us slink away in shame rather than letting others learn from our mistakes. Beware the marketing machine and proceed with caution!