Lumpy, Dented, Irregular Liposuction by Dr. Randal Haworth - Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Haworth left me with a lumpy, dented body...

Dr. Haworth left me with a lumpy, dented body after performing liposuction on me. I am in my 30s, with a BMI of 19. It has been a very long year of emotional distress/ covering up my body due to the very unfavorable results of his work (which I'm sure he is unaware of due to his complete lack of follow through). I'm finally ready for a revision and will not be going to him.

Lumpy, dented liposuction and deep double butt crease after liposuction by Dr. Randal Haworth

I finally got brave enough to post photos...

Since tomorrow I am having a revision, I took some pictures to document the hideousness of Haworth's work before the evidence is gone. This is what he charged me $19,000 to do. I hope that I will see an improvement but it's very doubtful that this will be able to be fully repaired. I'll never get back the two years that I've lost, or forget the mental anguish that I've suffered, and Haworth has never offered to give back even one cent of the money that I gave him to do this to me. Don't buy the lie, he is a TERRIBLE surgeon and an even worse human being.

5 days post op

Too soon to tell how things are looking, I'm wearing the compression garment and am swollen and bruised though the pain isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.The nurse who took care of me after surgery with Haworth told me that "he isn't known for being gentle" so I think that my surgeon's gentle touch has definitely made a difference in my pain level. I weigh TEN pounds more than I did the morning of the surgery so clearly I am retaining a ton of water. I had a nurse for the first 24 hours and now I've just been sleeping day and night. My doctor gave me a prescription for valium as well as pain killers so every time I wake up I take a few more pills and go back to sleep. It's all a fuzzy haze since the surgery which is fine by me. I'll check back in a few days. Bye for now.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

During the consultation phase he was very accomodating. I spent $19,000 for this procedure but after the first post op appt, I never heard from him again. I called in about a week later with surgery related complications and was passed off to another doctor to deal with; not a word from Randal Haworth. My follow up appt (by phone due to the fact that I live out of state) came and went without a call from him or his office, and they never explained, apologized, or rescheduled. I wouldn't go to him if he offered to do it for free. Just wanted to share my experience.

I stumbled on this review by accident after I posted what I thought would be a reassuring comment regarding your unhappiness with the outcome of your ear lobe surgery. A comment by "lostbeauty" about my post to you stating I was a "cleaver poster" made me curious and now after reading the rest of your lipo review as well as "lostbeauty"s comments about work she had by Dr. Haworth it all makes sence. I did not experience anything bad from Dr Haworth and lived what he did for me. I have had lipo on my whole body pretty much by various surgeons all with excellent reputations (not Dr. Haworth ) and I have the same results as you but did not want to distroy them because of it. It can be fixed. It's actually quite common to end up with some dents etc.. After lipo especially of the theighs, back, upper abdomen and arms. Body wraps and massage can help, diet helps (you'll lose more fat under the skin and it will smooth it) fat transfer etc.... What your going thru is really quite common. It's a sad reality but anytime you melt and suck fat out of somewhere there will be a risk of it being uneven there are too many variables, diet, Health, how your particular body heals itself, water retention, aftercare, hormones, how long you wore your compression garments, did you use the right compression garments, some of us girls are so into our lipo surgery that we begin taking arnica bromolain, eating a clean diet and doing detox's months before, during, after lipo, along with lymph drainage massage, restricted sodium etc.....not to say that you did not do all these things but I'm making the point that it's not only about the surgeon, it can be a lot of factors and I think it's really unfair to say a very highly experience we'll known surgeon such as Dr Haworth that many hundreds possible thousands of us have had excellent results with, is a bad surgeon? I'm not discounting your unhappiness with your lipo results, I'm just saying lipo is commonly like that unless your very very conservative almost to getting barely any results.
I’m not sure I really agree with your comment, though I think you mean well. Did you read this doctor's response further down the string? it's how unprofessional he is, along with the results he gave Seattle2584 . I also disagree with you blowing this off as it being "quite normal"......if it was normal to get a deformity done and then have to pay thousands of dollars to try and fix it then why would someone do this in the first place. Having a deformity is NOT normal, that is why many choose plastic surgery because we are trying to “improve” ourselves, not makes us look worse.......I believe Seattle2584 did the right thing it making it public on her results....now would you go to a doctor who you knew botched someone’s body? Would you pay thousands of dollars to make your body look worse? there are many outcomes of lipo that are positive and it's all in the hands of the doctor. Sure, if you go out and decide to gain 30+ pounds and live an unhealthy lifestyle your body won't look good but that is not that case with Seattle2584. She has experienced deep, large dents....he lipo'd under her buttocks which is a "NO TOUCH" zone and he should have known that...even if she requested it, he should have educated her on what can happen and why a doctor shouldn't touch that area, that is what he went to school for…it’s not up to her to dictate the outcome of what he did. again, I don’t believe your comment was meant to insult anyone but I don’t agree with what you’ve said. This is not normal …the outcome is not good and it’s not that easy to fix. He did a terrible job and I thank her for sharing and warning the rest of us….I wish I was lucky enough to be warned before my surgeon destroyed my body.
yes. I agree wholeheartedly with you sg2012. I fully support this version of the what has happened in this case. This is also how i see it.
Lovenlife, you sure do seem to have an interest in promoting this doctor... I posted my pictures so that others can see what kind of work he does. My post is not ruining his reputation, the quality of his work is what is ruining his reputation. I am not out to "destroy him", I don't know about the "thousands of us with excellent results" (how do you know that by the way- it reads like a bad infomercial) I am simply sharing what happened to me. I spent a great deal of money to look much worse than I did before. This defeats the point of plastic surgery. This is not "normal", nor is it acceptable, and your trying to spin it that way doesn't change the facts. Interesting that you claim my post is "unfair to Mr. Haworth". I am simply letting his work speak for itself. It's not my fault it looks horrible, believe me, I wish more than anyone that it looked as good as he led me to believe it would. As far as I can see, he is the one who came out the winner in this transaction. I gave him a large sum of money and he left me with a permanently disfigured body- now that is unfair.
I think it's a problem too, to accept these deformities as 'normal.' If we do that then it's basically saying: here is a crummy surgery that you will have to spend a lot more in fixing and you may still be miserable. Doctors who sell it should be held accountable; they know what's going on and they are not telling people and not fixing the problems after. Basically it's a bad procedure. Those factors that make for bad results are part of the reason why. Those factors and others are not that controllable. I think we need to change the perception of fat and why it's there, why it's hard to lose and better ways to be healthy. Liposuction actually creates poorer health.
I chose him based on all of the rave reviews I read. I did not know him or his reputation before choosing him. Never watched the swan show. I am not affiliated with him in anyway and other than my surgery experience with him don't know much about him. But I have had lipo same as you with another surgeon. My results were actually even more in smooth on my stomach and flanks than yours and my back because so much fat was lipo'd had alot of loose skin making me look sharpei like when I bent side to side. I could have flipped out and tried to attack my surgeon, demanded my money back, harassed his office staff, posted bad reviews on every forum I could find (clearly a lot of people take this route) but it would not change anything in my surgery results and it's also just not my style or temperament to take that course. In time it all remedied on its own and is smoothed out. If I seem like I am defending dr Haworth maybe I am than. I'm not against any of you women, I liked him and my results by him and I want a couple more things done by him so maybe I'm defending him based on that. People have a right to know if someone's happy too. Keep in mind readers out there that only a few people are actually brave enough to post on these forums and there are far more who read but don't post. Doctors like dr Haworth perform a lot of surgerys every week, month, year. People who are not happy for whatever the reson will most certainly post to vent and feel better emotionally. Happy people just go enjoy their results and don't post on forums unless they want to help others. With that being said the actual percentage of unhappy patients is pretty small and chances are your surgery will go great. I did not read dr haworths comments but based on this thread if I were him it would be hard to not feel attacked. Sorry but even I have kids, a business, lots of things to do and I'm on here defending the guy because I think this is going way past just asking fir opinions to just being well to be nice "mean" lol
Please tell me you are not really referring to this as being deformed.....that's just wrong she is so not deformed and it's not normal it's common there not the same term. I'm not going to post on this thread anymore there's nothing else to say and it's boring. Good luck it you guys
It's hard to understand why you or anyone would subjectively look at someone and decide for that person whether or not she is deformed. But ultimately, the problem with lipo is that it is the gift that keeps on giving. Any slight deformity in the beginning will get worse as a person ages.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Oradia, I am sorry that you had complications from his lip lift too. I too am suffering with many many problems. I will pray for you. There comes a time when there is nothing more left to do.
lostbeauty, it is a tragedy what happened to you. as seattle said, your story is heartbreaking. i know exactly how you feel right now. i am hopeless now and feel that i cannot trust another surgeon. in my opinion he should not be allowed to treat papercuts. i am thinking of you this evening as we are both on this lonely pathway. i will say a prayer for us both.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Lovenlife, it is so clear that for $30,000 this is really bad! You have no idea what Seattle went through. I know you don't empathize with her, whereas I do. At least you are honest enough to admit it. You need to know that there are SO MANY reviews on here detailing his failed work - they don't all give out his name because he will chase people down as Seattle has been on here. You may want to be careful of Internet marketing tactics and the rave reviews you mentioned - unless you are a part of that too. The fake reviews from doctors are VERY easy to spot if you read enough of them!!! I wish you well in your future surgeries.
Hi oradea,

Your comments were removed because they violated our Community Guidelines.

All experiences and opinions are welcome on RealSelf. We don't allow community members to question the validity of another person's story, whether it's positive or negative. If you have concerns about specific reviews or comments, please email us and we will look into it.

--Sharon
Seattle, I have been thinking a long time about lovelifes response to you and it is really quite disturbing. Her response was discussed on another plastic surgery site and its important for you to know that everyone believes that you were incredibly brave to publicly display pictures of your deformaties. Most of his patients who had complications with him are afraid to post pictures because of how he and his staff bully people and try to discredit them, just like lovenlife tried to do to you. Although, he seems to be trying to change his tactics, since he acted like "mr nice guy" recently when he responded to the two recent negative reviews on rate MDs Anyway we are all here to support you. You did the right thing.
I am so very sorry for your gut wrenching experience. My first thought was you made a typo error: $19,000 for this? I wouldn't even pay 19 cents for that s____! SMH! There are so many who are going to the Dominican Republic for a tiny waist and big butt, getting all kinds of horrible outcomes. But this has to be one of the most expensive rip offs I've ever seen! It looks like the canulla was ditched in random places on your body which is something anyone could do without medical training. To charge $19000 for that is nuts and to provide no feedback afterwards is something else. Thank GOD you still have a nice body and it is correctible to a large degree. I am praying for you, and hope you update soon.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I had liposuction with similar results as yours. When you had the revision, did you have fat transferred to your butt crease area? Will you post pictures? Thanks!
I'm glad you posted. Thank you for sharing. I had 7 areas liposuctioned which I'm now finding out is very extreme especially for my weight, I lost my feminine curves and looked anorexic. I feel my ps took advantage of me for financial gain. These ps who are taking advantage of their patients need to be outed and boycotted. Nobody who is spending 10s of thousands should for a service should be taken advantage, mistreated, dismissed or get substandard treatment/care.
Thanks for keeping us up to date...hope you are on your way to being fixed. The same thing happened to me...its been almost two years I have been hiding as well. Its devastating :'(
HI Seattle I just read your review and some of the comments on here I am completely outraged that this so called professional surgeon had the nerve to say you were lying but still were entitled to your own opinion. If he really was concerned about you, he should have made things right in the first place. I believe you 100% as I was also lied to and my surgeon wont correspond to any of my emails and refuses to give me my paperwork. I can clearly see the dents as I have some myself as well. I see that since then, you have chosen a surgeon you trust and I really hope that you are healing well. Happy Holidays :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I just read through your entire thread and I feel so depressed reading your story and as others have stated outraged that Mr. Haworth responded to you the way he did. I believe he could loose his license over what he wrote online. I found this thread because I had surgery with this man and my life will never be the same. I had facial surgery with him, that left me with deformaties. I have multiple complications from his muscle hemming liplift. I wish I had read all of the negative reviews about his liplift procedure before I had it. But now what I have to live with has totally devastated me. After I had my surgery with him, I looked horrible. I was so humiliated and ashamed. I became a recluse, broke up with my long-term boyfriend. I never told him the truth about what happened to me. I did not want him to see me. I just broke it off. I was so ashamed. I just found out that he died. Now I am so depressed that I never told him what happened, I feel so sick that he never knew that I loved him, I am just devastated over this. For the rest of my life I will live with the knowledge that he died thinking that he did something wrong to me and that I did not love him. Mr. Haworth has done so much damage to so many people.
I'm so sorry for your loss Lostbeauty, please don't blame yourself for any of it. These so called board certified surgeons should be held accountable for the harm they have caused, they have no idea how traumatizing this can be. Please find some comfort that we are here to offer you support, you can always start your own thread to be heard so others cannot be harmed ans fall victims to him. Again I am so sorry you have to go through this.