Devastating Results By LA Doctor

I am a young college student. Before getting the...

I am a young college student. Before getting the procedure, I had just been signed with a top modeling agency here in LA and was looking for a boost in my appearance. I somehow got talked into a lip lift, which is normally reserved for 40+ women, or women with long upper lips. I am/had neither.

The whole experience has been really devastating, since I was not a candidate for this procedure it looks really awful! The whole balance of my face has been thrown off and I hardly recognize myself in the mirror.

Gabby17 please post or send me some pictures if you can. I have a consult with Dr Haworth but I'm so nervous. Afraid of scarring or messing up my perfect nose.
Sorry but I haven't taken a picture for 1 1/2 years now. My picture days are over. A 2 inch scar accross your face would be the stupidest thing anyone could do to themselves. Don't do it. If I could save one girl from this horror, my job is done
My advice is that if the scar/nose problems are a big concern for you, consider a skin only lip lift or seriously consider whether the procedure is right for you. Lots of doctors have great results but there's always a chance you'll be unlucky. This really is something that can "go bad" and leave scars plus many other problems - you wouldn't want to put yourself in a potentially intolerable position. Good luck
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I am highly disappointed with the performance of Dr. Svehlak. I trusted Dr. Svehlak to make an informed decision in selecting an appropriate treatment to enhance my appearance. Unfortunately, he ultimately made the decision to perform a very invasive cosmetic procedure on me that was completely in appropriate for my age range and particular case. This procedure has dramatically altered my appearance in a negative manner and his work has left me with a very visible 1 inch scar accross my face. Dr. Svehlak failed to disclose the gravity of this procedure and the scar. Furthermore, Dr. Svehlak knew full well that I was not an appropriate candidate for this procedure, but he decided to operate on me unnecessarily. I have consulted with several top LA surgeons who told me that this he never should have performed this particular procedure on someone so young and who clearly didn't need it. This procedure is reserved for women in their 40's to 50's. I am still a college student. Dr. Svehlak took advantage of my vulnerability as I trusted his expertise. It has become apparent that Dr. Svehlak lacks judgement and compassion. Now that I have chosen to speak out against Dr. Svehlak, I know that other women will have the courage to follow in suit.