Not a Skilled Plastic Surgeon - Los Angeles, CA

I had an upper blepharoplasty with Dr. Goldberg in...

I had an upper blepharoplasty with Dr. Goldberg in 2004, and am preparing to have a revision for scars, excess skin in some areas, and extensive hollowing in others. I have managed to put off additional surgery by having fillers put in the crease of my upper eyelids to disguise the hollowing that resulted after Dr. Goldberg took out too much fat. The fillers have helped but are not permanent, and tend to absorb at different rates, leaving my eyes looking uneven. I will need scar revision, a lift at the outer corner of one eye where not enough excess skin was taken, and fat transfer to fill in the hollowing. Dr. Goldberg used a laser for my surgery as well as stitches that dissolve by themselves. I've been told by other doctors that both of these methods contribute to poor scarring.

I am sorry to hear you didn't have positive results.  That is one thing I always read about when I did my pre op research was the warning of taking too much fat away from the eye area.  Are you going to a different doctor to remedy your issues?  I would maybe seek out a facial reconstructive/plastic surgery specialist since you have so many things you need to address, if you are willing to travel just a bit to AZ, I have a phenomenal doctor who is caring and really smart that did my blephs (see my eye surgery review, if you contact him just tell him I referred you),  He will never do anything that isn't in your best interest-he won't let patients go overboard just because they have the money.
Thanks for your suggestion of a doctor! I'm always glad to hear of competent surgeons as it seems as if there are so many doing mediocre work. I will likely have my surgery in NYC by the same doctor doing my facelift, but will keep your surgeon's name in mind. Thanks again.
Los Angeles Oculoplastic Surgeon

For my surgery, I was simply put in a chair in a room adjacent to Dr. Goldberg's examination room and the surgery was done while I was fully clothed with my shoes on. Very unprofessional and not a sterile operating environment. I thought I was seeing a reputable doctor at a top eye institute, but my results and experience were very poor. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone.