Great Results! Healed So Fast! - Los Angeles, CA

I had the DST method double eyelid surgery. I had...

I had the DST method double eyelid surgery. I had told Dr. Lee that I do not want a dramatic change, but that I want a subtle, natural, double eyelid to make my eyes look a little more defined (just like they are when I have my make-up on). He listened to what I had requested and the final result was exactly what I wanted!

Also, the DST method has such a quick healing time. I had very little swelling (probably because I was getting a small double eyelid, instead of a large one.) I actually went out in public about 2 days after the procedure and no one knew that I had a procedure done.

After 6 months, the size of the double eyelid did get a little smaller as the small swelling I had went away - but I still really like my results. I've thought about a revision and even inquired Dr. Lee about going through another method (incision) to make the eyelid bigger. He was very kind and prompt to reply back about my request and offered me a reasonable option to go through the incision method. I gave this thought, but I realized that I still really like my initial results from the DST method because it looks so natural and it fits my face so well. Maybe I will reconsider incision method again when I am older and my eyes start to droop, but for now, I am very satisfied.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Everything was really great. He was very responsive to all of my concerns/questions. We held an additional in-person consultation prior to the surgery as I was an out of town patient. His entire office staff is very quick to respond to emails/phone calls. The payment process was easy as well, as the office finances through CareCredit. So I was able to pay for the procedure in 6 months. The only thing about this procedure is that you are not completely asleep for the procedure so you are aware of what the doctor is doing. I think Dr. Lee chose to not say much so that I don't get scared of what was going on - but I think it would've been better if he gave short warnings like (this might sting, etc.) Other than that the procedure was a breeze.

Hi Rain -- Thanks so much for sharing your story. I Googled DST eyelid surgery but didn't come up with much. Is it something specific that Dr. Lee does?

I'm not 100% sure, but DST is a specific method Dr. Lee calls out on his website, and it is the method that I got for my surgery. It's a non-incision method blepharoplasty. Most Asian double eyelid surgeons know about the 2 different methods, non-incision vs. incision. Non-incision methods have a faster healing time, compared to the incision method. I believe traditional non-incision method uses stitches so that after a couple of days you have to take the stitches out. The DST method that Dr. Lee uses utilizes something different, as I did not have to get any kind of stitches... It is a method common in Korea, I believe. (I'm not 100% sure about this because I don't know the exact English translation of the method used in Korea, but the description sounds very familiar.) This is why when I found out about Dr. Lee and the DST method he uses - I knew it was the similar method and chose to do the procedure done in the US instead of Korea.

Non-incision? Wow, I had no idea that was possible. That's really helpful, thanks. :)