DIEP Flap Turned out Amazing - Los Angeles, CA

I am 27 years old, diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast...

I am 27 years old, diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer 2 months ago, had a double mastectomy and reconstuction via the DIEP flap procedure a month ago. I decided to go double for my own mental self. I was a good candidate for the DIEP Flap procedure and it was truly suggested as I am a horseback rider and dirt biker, so implants and the risk of damage to them with my extreme sports just made the best sense.

My breasts look absolutely amazing, they honestly look like my own except for the patch of new skin as the areola and no nipples for now, but they feel and look amazing.

Here is one suggestion: if you are a smoker, please talk to your surgeon and be truthful, find out what your possible complications are. I was a smoker right up until surgery (quit at that time), and I did have a "routine complication" of a splitting incision on the tummy tuck incision. It pushed recovery a few weeks, but I have done everything my doctor told me to do, and I am recovering well now, hopefully only a few weeks left until I am "normal."

Especially if you are young, and want to do both breasts, please consider this procedure, it really makes me feel like myself. FYI, don't know cost yet because I haven't been fully billed after insurance.

Just wanted to do a quick update. Little over 2...

Just wanted to do a quick update. Little over 2 months now from when I had surgery, and I am totally healed and look/feel AMAZING!! Thank you Dr Leif Rogers and Dr. Max Leifeldt for everything!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Returned my calls asap, got in to see him when I needed to, explained everything, treated me like a friend and that he truly cared, did an amazing job!!!