I am a very petite African American female mother...

I am a very petite African American female mother of two adult children who decided to be the best me I can be. Although I am 4'11 and 110 lbs my body type carried stubborn fat around my midsection and my butt needed to be a bigger and rounder. Even though I exercised regularly I didn't get all the results I wanted so I went to Dr Dennis Dass.
Dr Dass is amazing. I had my consultation in January and my procedure on Monday. I'm 5 days in but immediately I saw the body I believe I'm going to have and am super excited. I know there is a lot of swelling but I know that he has given me the body I've always wanted. Beyonce and J-lo look out. Lol.
Thanks Dr Dass and your amazing team. You are the best.

Pre op pics 2 mo before BBL and Lipo. Gained a few lbs extra to make sure I had enough fat to transfer. Sorry I didn't do mea

These are pics I took of myself a few months prior to actually having the surgery. They were done in April 2014.

8 days post op

Hi ladies,
Here are my pics taken this morning 8 days after surgery. A lot of my swelling is going down however I had a horrible night last night because I tried to sleep on my stomach due large hemorrhoids from sitting in the lounge chair that I cut the butt out of. Sorry if that's TMI, but I think you should know this in case you planned on doing the same.
Other than that, I think I feel ok considering and at this point am glad that I chose not to do the TT with this procedure. I wore the same panties and bra this morning so you can see the difference in my body shape now. Do to forget though, there is still swelling and bruising.

12 days postoperative

Well ladies here's my 4th of July update with pics. Noticed more bruising on my right side. Both butt cheeks are hard and stiff so I asked how soon I could begin massages and was told by 2nd week so I'll schedule some this week. Other than that, I'm just waiting on it to soften and drop.
Plus I'm so tired of sleeping on my stomach. Can't wait for things to be back to normal.

15 days postoperative

Well ladies I'm at day 15 postoperative. I had a lymphatic massage yesterday. It was very painful at first but as the areas bagan to loosen, it actually felt better towards the end of the massage. I was told to get one at least once a week. I think I had more pain and swelling later last night though. It was another bad night. I'm off my pain meds now and just taking an occasional naproxen. I'm also really tired of sleeping on my stomach. My shoulders are very sore. Can anyone out there in booty land tell me when it's ok to start sleeping on your back. I'm not sure I'm going to make a few more weeks like this. I took some more pics last night and a few today in a jumper. I'm still swollen and my abs are on fire.

4 weeks post op BBL, Fat Transfer

Hi ladies,
I'm exactly 4 weeks today. Yay!!!! I made it. It was not easy. So my abds are still lumpy and sore. Much of the swelling has subsided. My left butt cheek for whatever reason has a small dent about an inch and a half linear. Otherwise, I feel great and am finally able to sit comfortably and more importantly sleeeep. Here are my new photos in a dress getting ready to go out to lunch. I still say Dr Dass is the best. Thanks Dr Dass. My waist is measuring 26 my hips are at 40. Overall, I'm extremely happy.

7 weeks postoperative

Hello again ladies,
Well here is my 7 week update with pics. My measurements are waist 28 and hips 39 1/2. I am still a bit swollen and lumpy in my abdominal area. My butt has fluffed as much as it's going to I guess. I see my doctor for my final visit tomorrow. If there are any changes I will update again. Otherwise I am very pleased with my results and the great job that Dr Dass did. He's the very best.

September 13, 2014

Hello ladies,
It's been about a month since I last updated. My abdomen is getting smaller and smaller everyday. For some reason I stay hungry all of the time but can only eat small portions. Most of the swelling is gone from my abs. As a matter of fact a lot has gone away since my last update however those areas, mostly on my sides, are still tender and have some bruising remaining where the swelling was. I'm not sure if that is normal to still have bruising. I will have to talk with Dr Dass. Overall, I feel great. My abs measure 28 and my hips are 38 1/2. Here are pics from today.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Dr Dennis Dass is the most amazing person that I've ever gone to. He is very professional, soft spoken, listens intently to everything you have to say and takes great pride in his work so you know you are in excellent hands. He called the night of my surgery and checked on me and have me his personal cell phone in case I had questions or concerns. Super amazing guy. I highly recommend him for this and other procedures. He's the best at what he does.

U look GREAT!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Wow! You look amazing! Congratulations and thanks for posting the progression post surgery. Blessings sent your way.
Thanks
Omg, gurlfriend. .. PHENOMENAL WOMAN. U doing the d*m thing! Wow. I'm 40 plus and keep going back and forth...contemplating IF im going to go through with it. Although this is something I TRULY want, I sorta feel its ridiculous to want it. Lol. But u have definitely INSPIRED me. Any advice to prep for a speedy recovery?
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure that there is a way to speed up the recovery. The hard part for me was trying to get into comfortable positions while recovering. Lying on your stomach the entire 6 weeks was very difficult but highly recommended for great results. Also order the female urinal from Amazon. No one told me about that and I found out 2 mos after my surgery and thought I was well prepared. Also lymphatic massages helped and wearing a waist cincher is suggested for about your 3rd week postoperative as well as getting spanx for your remaining recovery phase. I'm 3 mos postoperative and I still wear my spanx 12 hours almost every day. Good luck. I will look out to follow your progress.
You look great, and congrats
Great transition! Congratulations !
Thanks for all of your support along the way. I really appreciate it. I know I still have a ways to go.
Uw ! U know us older beautiful butterflies must stick together! Work your fabulous fine foxy FIFTIES! I'm coming up rt behind you!
I'm trying. Thanks again.
You look good, what ever your doing , I say keep it up, you looked even before, but now your the new and improved, thanks for sharing your journey!
Thanks again for your support.
Hi luv!! Chk out not of my journals great stuff ! You shldnt sleep on your back for at least three to four weeks nor sit dwn if you want your transferred fat to survive! U should have started your waist training on your 14 th day post opt to make ur tummy flatter. Please stay away from anymore procedures that was a sign from God saying no more cause U should have awaken rt up and u have had prior anesthesia in the past! So take heed! Hubby is so right ! How many CC's did u have transferred? Walk more and drink more water and pineapple juice for the swelling and the water to flush out all of that anesthesia! Take care and happy healing!
Hot momma!! You look terrific
Thank you soooooo much. Have u had this procedure done?
No but I had a tummy tuck last month. I really want a bbl though. I'm looking towards March of 2015
Oh. I see. I initially had a consult for both procedures at the same time, but, once I continues to research people who just had the lipo and fat transfer, I opted to try that first and see if my tummy firms up enough with cintinued diet and exercise now that I can get directly to my stomach muscles when I begin working out again. I always have the option later of doing a TT. Good luck with your decision. I really didn't have fat anywhere but in my stomach and my back, so I don't think I will need the TT, but we'll see. I promised my husband that I wouldn't have anymore plastic surgery. Apparently, I didn't wake up right away during my recovery phase and it freaked him out. As a matter of fact, I stayed under 2 hrs longer than I was supposed to so I guess I do need to be grateful that everything else has gone according to plan, so far. I just credited it to me bring really tired because I was so anxious the night before and did so much running around the last couple of days prior to the procedure, that I just needed the sleep. I've been under anesthesia a number of times with childbirth etc and never had problems coming out of it in the past. Anyway, I promised. But you know as women our prerogative is that we can always change our minds. Lol. Good luck with your decision.
"Exercise to get directly to stomach muscles..." hmmm I never thought about it like that but u are right. My belly still not as flat as I would like but at least I can get to the muscles better. And yes I promised my bf the same thing when I was still recovering from the surgery. That promise shouldn't count though cuz I was in so much pain that I would say anything to not argue. Lol
I'm sorry. For some reason I'm just reading this post. Mine are not in chronological order and are kind of all over the place and I thought I had read them all. Hope I didn't offend you. Anyway, I've just started going back to the gym . I'm starting slow with the treadmill first, then I will work my abds later once all the swelling subsides. Take care.
You look really good! I can only imagine how good you will look once all the swelling is gone.What areas did he lipo? Did you consider Dr. Hughes? I'm 54 and will be getting a bbl. I'm flying to Miami on Jul2 to consult with Dr's Ghurani, Salzhauer, Perry and Ortez. I'm also strongly considering Dr. Hughes. Dr. Doss did right by you!
Good luck with your search for a great doc. I had my lower back, abds, flank, and upper hips lipo'd with fat transfer to my lower hips and butt. That's why I'm pretty miserable because I can't sleep on my sides either due to the hips being done.