Thigh Lift After Losing 40lbs - Lorain, Ohio

I was always heavy in my youth and lost 40 pounds....

I was always heavy in my youth and lost 40 pounds. The skin on my inner thighs was always in the way! Walking would cause irritation between the thighs and I would literally have to move the skin to wipe myself each time I used the bathroom.

It's so nice to walk and have no rubbing!! I would highly recommend it and often do.

I've since has lipo-select with Dr. Poblete in...

I've since has lipo-select with Dr. Poblete in 2010. Again, he is an awesome man and his staff is the best!

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

I have a wonderful plastic surgeon located in Avon Lake, Ohio. Very informative, follow up care was wonderful and he also has a great office staff.

Good to know! The PS nurse may call me today about exercise. Whatever I did a week and a half ago, must have been WRONG, as now I have pain with BM, which I did NOT have prior to that moment of light ab exercise! Sometimes I feel like a big whiny baby going to PS office with questions; should be 'weaned' by now!
Hi! I'm using Mederma in the morning and lavender oil at night on the scar, but don't think I'm massaging very well, so am going to a massage therapist Tuesday to have him work the scar also. My stomach is a bit numb in the lower region. Is your friend still doing the ball exercises, even if abs pulling? I did situps using the ball prior to TT, but haven't tried afterwards yet...
Sounds like you have the scar massage covered well! She doesn't do the ball at all. Too tight on abs.
A full TT March 18. PS said my abs were about 6 inches apart when he went to stitch them together. His nurse told me in recovery that the PS had to 'work really hard' to get them together. I had been going to gym 5 days a week and 1 hour a week with personal trainer the 3 months prior to TT. I posted before/after pics on RealSelf. I feel guilty not working out...figure PS gave me gift of a 'Rembrandt' and it is my duty to take good care of it - LOL.
Good for you!! My good friend had a TT last March and it was very hard for her to return to the gym. Even now, when she does ball exericses, her abs pull terribly..feeling as if she is going to rip something inside! Her stomach is still numb. She says to make sure you massage your scar with scar cream.
Sept 23....the PS is booking 2-3 mo out and only does surgeries on Fridays and only goes to Walla Walla once a month for a day, so trying to work with that schedule and cut down on out of town time (4 1/2 hours a way) to his surgical center in Seattle. I'd really like to drop 10 lb before then, but not yet back to really working out at gym yet. Tried the other day gently and now I"m sore in a 6-inch circle around belly button....so backed off.
Did you have another procedure that you are sore around the belly button??
Are you still posting? I'd like to ask how you healed with thigh lift, what was worst part, was it difficult to care for the scar?
I am here! Healing went well. The incision site is quite large as it circumferences almost the entire thigh...it's a little shocking at first, but sooooo worth it! The scar healed nicely.
Biggest issues was trying to sit on the toilet!! Had to squat for a while! Took a donut to sit on at work but other than that...I had it done on a Wednesday and was back to work, in sweat pants for a while, on Monday. I would do it all over again tomorrow!!!
I'll get a donut - LOL. Was concerned about being able to sit on toilet if incision went in the groin/crease area. You were back to work fast, that is very encouraging! Thank you!!
Good Luck!! When are you scheduled to have it done? Don't get me wrong, you are sore but again, its well worth it!!