very happy

Hello, I wold like to start off with I have been...

Hello, I wold like to start off with I have been on this site for 3 months reading & learning a lot. So thank all of you, good luck & happy healing :-)

Me... 31 5'8" 170 pounds, stay at home mom to a 3 year old & 19 month. I nursed both my kids for 1 year each & have no clue how much I gained because I did not look at my weight for over 2 years. I was 140-150 before kids. My boobs are now friends with my waist & my tummy hangs over to keep my undies warm...lol if I can't laugh about it who can. The last time I got measured for. Bra I was a 40ddd, I know they have gotten smaller but I refuse to buy anything until I know if I'm doing the surgery.

Ok so in April i started working out 4 days a week, after about 12 weeks I got on a scale 193 pounds...me...holy s*** if im 193 after 12 weeks of working out what did i weigh at my biggest, so i told my hubby I wanted a TT & BL . ( super supportive wonderful man , what ever needs to be done so that I'm happy with my body he is all for...he just wants me to be happy again). I went to see the ps I got my nose done by 10 years ago, he told me to loose 20 pounds and come back to see him. Worked my butt off was eating right 170 pounds...go me. Went to see ps #1 oct 4th ok I lost enough weight... Going to get BL , TT & lipo of flanks. Driving home so happy & that's when I got the call. Oh crap I can't spend that much ( hubby says don't freak we will make it work). Nope me being me picks th phone up calls and tells them never mind. I cried the rest of the hour it took m to ge home. My dream of my body looking good again OVER.

Ok next day someone gives me info on a ps they used... My mixed feeling are if they are cheaper , why are they cheaper. Ok I make the appt. this past thur 10-11 . I decide to look on this site for any other ps & I find on more, I call & get an appr with him...Thursday also. I go yesterday to both guys... Ps #2 ( remember I've already seen my origanal ps guy #1). Very nice like him a lot but he thinks I need a reduction in addition to the lift for my breasts, TT options (a)TT with lipo of flanks...or (b) extended TT ( to address saggy thighs n hips. Oh and no drains with this guy

Ps #3. Very nice also TT, BL & lipo of flanks. Drains in TT

Let me add i really thought #1 was gonna be it, i love my nose so i never even questioned not getting anything else done by him. Let me go back over the past week , #1 called took price down. But I'll make this brief, he messed up on some work he did on someone I know so he's out .

So here I am have to choose between #2 & #3 and what to get done. I hope this all makes sense to you...my kids interrupted me about 100x while doing this.

Oh ps will try n get pics up this weekend :-)

Well I am going to go with #2 no drains ps. Now I...

Well I am going to go with #2 no drains ps. Now I have to decide reg TT or extended TT. I also need to make sure about the lift, this ps thinks I need a reduction & lift, but th other 2 just thought I would need a lift. I want to be a D cup when it's over . I am going to make another consultation appt & go over everything again. Other then that I'm quitting smoking & hoping I don't gain weight doing so. I'm hoping to have the surgery November or December . One more thing , I don't really have the support from my family ( my hubby is great) . So I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't have it done, because they are making me feel bad about it. Ugh that all today,
thanx , goodluck & happy healing

So I am going to see ps # 2 today, I really liked...

So I am going to see ps # 2 today, I really liked him and the fact that he doesn't use drain Is a bonus. I jus want to go over the options again,.. option A , reg TT, Breat reduction & lift. Lipo of flanks... Option b, extended tummy tuck (all else the same).

Ok I'm worried that with a. Reduction I won't hav a D cup when its over & I really want to end up with a D cup. The other 2 ps said only a lift, but I don know if thats because I only asked for a lift.

And I don't know if I should do extended or regular TT.

Any one have any advice?

Ok went for my 2nd consultation last night, still...

Ok went for my 2nd consultation last night, still really liked him so. Booked my surgery ...nov 14th I will be on my way to the skinny side. Having a extended TT , with lipo of the flanks, a breast lift with reduction . I can't believe I'm having it done in les then a month. I go for pre-op November 1st & they call me the Monday before my surgery to tell me a time I have to be there.

So I am not sure when I'm going to tell people about this. My mom knows, but I don't think I'll get much support from other people. So I'm going to try & keep my mouth shut, which will be hard because I'm so excited.

As always, thanx, good luck & happy healing

Starting to have second thoughts. I feel like its...

Starting to have second thoughts. I feel like its crazy to spend this money on myself. Ugh I know a lot of people have thought the same thing. How did u get over the feeling? I have already put down my deposit so I'm out 20% if I don't do it. Don't get me wrong I want to, I just feel bad. My hubby is wonderful about it, keeps reassuring me . I still only shared the news with my mom, afraid of what others will say I don't think that I helping me. I'm not telling anyone because of the money aspect of it ( oh u can afford to do that). I'm not shy about the body part of it. I know I will have no problem showing my stretch marks, scars, what ever. Well I'm gonna go thanx for being here real self... Good luck & happy healing .

So today I got my. Information packet from my ps ,...

So today I got my. Information packet from my ps , now I'm totally freaking out . All the things that could go wrong I'm really starting to re-think this. I'm also still worried about the breast size . My pre-op is one week from Thursday need to decide by then. Good luck & happy healing :-)

Ok i finally had my pre-op last thur. it was put...

ok i finally had my pre-op last thur. it was put off thanx to sandy. pictures, meds, paid in full. I still dont feel like its real, i guess it will have to hit me sometime on wed. i get a call tomorrow letting me know what time i need to be in. im hoping it will be early, i dont want to sit around all day waiting. i ordered some spanx waiting for those to come in & i still need to go get 2 bras will have to start wearing them 1 week after surgery, but i really dont know what size to get. but i want to have something incase i dont feel like going shopping. ill post back tomorrow after they come fix my internet, it keeps going out on me, sometimes for days, sometimes for hours or min. but thanx to sandy its been hard to get anyone to come fix it. until tomorrow , happy healing, goodluck & thanx

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well. Ok so...

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well. Ok so Wednesday was the day got into surgery at about noon, not sure what time I got done but it was about 730 when I got to see hubby. I was feeling pretty sore around my tummy but boobs didn't hurt at all. Stayed at a hotel that night got up like every hour to pee that was annoying . The first few times I had to wake hubby up,to help me, but after the 3rd time I could get in n out of recliner myself. Dr came to see me at 830, I had already walked down to get breakfast by myself (again was at hotel). Dr told me he didn't do the lipo because he didn't think he would get as good of results if he waited. So I'll have to go back in for that. Went home showered, n just hung out in my recliner, resting , sleeping getting up to pee, eat. Not much else .

Post op day 2 ... Got up took a shower had to go see ps at 830 , went to office he said I'm looking good..not too much swelling, and remember I have no drains or pain pump. He puts medicine on you before he closes you & it lasts 4 days. He had a consultation appt also, asked if I would speak with her, I went in talked to her & showed her all my stuff . She was very appreciative I showed her my incisions & only being a day & half out of surgery looking so good. I'm walking straight up, it's a little tight after I first get up but after about 5 min of moving I'm back to being straight. Had my first BM today, I wouldn't say that was fun, I have been taking colace, but it still took a couple of try's .

All in all I'm feeling good , my ps office has been great , they sent me flowers today & even though I saw ps this morning he called me tonight to see how I was. I have to say they are wonderful. I am very lucky to be feeling this good, I just hope it lasts.

Happy healing , good luck & thanx. :-)

Did too much today & so i am living in swell-hell....

Did too much today & so i am living in swell-hell. I went to grocery store & drug store with family. Other then that I'm doing good, wearing my spanx ...which I feel likeI have reached my limit for the day. My hubby n kids all have a nasty cold I had to get up n try and help get them t sleep last night. Lets hope tonight is better. Good luck, happy healing & thanx :-)

Hello all, just wanted to check in. I'm doing...

Hello all, just wanted to check in. I'm doing great, yesterday I drove for the first time went to parent teacher conference , pediatrician & my 1week po appt. today I'm back to watching my 3 & almost 2 year Old by myself... We went to my moms for a few hours now home relaxing . I doing really good I have swelling which gets worse as the day goes on, but I guess that's to be expected. I only take a pain killer before bed , been off of them during days for a couple of days now. Im wearing my spanx & sports bra. All in all I can't complain my experience has been amazing. Good luck, happy healing & thanx.

Hello ladies , I know I have not posted in awhile...

Hello ladies , I know I have not posted in awhile & I'm sorry for that. (Holidays & a death in my family ) I have to say I'm healing wonderful, no issues or complaints. My surgeon is amazing my inscsions look great I love the results . I have been very lucky & did not have any post op problems. I don't have feeling in my right nipple , but my ps said give it time ..but It really doesn't bother me. I can start working out in about 2weeks ( so happy about that ). I don't weigh myself , but my clothes are big & I got a tight size medium dress for my hubby's holiday party can't remember the last time I had on of those. I'm still swollen but I know it takes Time so It doesn't bother me. Right now my boobs are a DD , guess I was bigger then I thought when I went in... I figure ill be a d when all said & done & I'm happy about that. I tell everyone who says "you look good" what I had done, I show my scars, im not shy about it ... im proud of what i did. I am a walking & talking ad for my ps...lol . Well that's it for now, you ladies helped me so much & I didn't want to just disappear . Good luck, Happy healing & thanx

What can I say.... I honestly cannot be happier...

What can I say.... I honestly cannot be happier with Dr. Epstein and his team.
I am a 32 year old mother of two, who was no longer happy with my body!
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

i found dr epstein on real self What can I say.... I honestly cannot be happier with Dr. Epstein and his team. I am a 32 year old mother of two, who was no longer happy with my body! For 6 months I researched many doctors and their techniques/prices for a mommy makeover. Dr. Epstein offered something no one else in the area could deliver. I researched his techniques and procedures and they are tuely cutting edge (no pun intended) in his field. Meeting with Dr. Epstein during the consultation, he took me through post surgery, the progression on my physical appearance, timeline of recovery etc. and it blew away what all other surgoens were offering. I thought it was too good to be true. So, I left and did more search. Everything I found confirmed what I was told by Dr. Epstein. So, I met with Dr. Epstein again with my husband for a final consultation. He addressed all of our questions and concerns. That night my husband and I deceided Dr. Epstein was the doctor for me. The actual procedure we chose was the extended tummytuck and a breast reduction with lift. Within six weeks I had my mommy makeover. After my surgery i was able to walk out of the office & get into my car. Dr. Epstein called the night of my surgery and came and visited me in the morning just to make sure everything looked up to his standards. He coninued to show this type of care throughout my recovery process. Within a week I was back to my normal routine caring for my 18 month and 3 year old. As far as the results: I CANNOT BE HAPPIER!!!!!!!!!!! I am a whole new woman. The body I had before giving birth to my two children has returned! The scars are minimal and getting less noticable everyday. I would reccomend Dr. Epsteins' team to anyone seeking this type of procedure. Matter of fact, my sister in-law is now going to Dr. Epstein for a breast reduction and lift. As you can see, I give Dr. Epstein and his team my highest praise.

Happy2, glad to hear you are healing well!!!
Happy2, glad you are recovering quickly. I'm getting up from the recliner by myself often to walk around the house. I'm almost walking straight up, just a little hunched over still. Maybe by the weekend. The worst part is the compression garment. I absolutely hate it. I can't breath and it also digs into the incision on my right side, that's a killer. I hope I can switch to spanx soon
So glad you are doing good! Make sure your taking your VIT C so you don't get sick!!! Hope the family feels better soon!
Happy2, I'm so happy to read your post! I was wondering how everything went. Seems like you are doing really well. That is such great news. You give me hope, as I will have no drains as well. Happy healing!!! Keep me posted. My surgery is on Monday at10:30.
Yes thank you I'm doing very well, it's 340 a.m. Here & he only Reason I'm up is because hubby can't get kids to sleep. So I'm trying o help as much a I can. Wow Monday is almost here, u must be getting so excited . You will look wonderful & I hoe for. Great recovery :-) best of luck
I am so happy for you, recovery seems to be going very well!! Keep us posted...mine is on the 26th, I think I'm going to go crazy with all the what ifs.... Good luck and congrats.
Thank you, th 26th will be here before you know it, at least you get to have thanksgiving with out feeling guilty . I so love thanksgiving , but refuse to over eat after doing all this.
Hi Happy2, I hope all went well today. Happy healing and a speedy recovery! Looking forward to following your progress.
Hey Happy2, wanted to wish you luck on your surgery. Happy thoughts for a speedy recovery. Keep me posted
Hello Happy2 and thanks for sharing...I know exactly how you feel and it is normal. I too went through what you are going through and you are not alone..This site is designed for support and we all will help you get through it. I am scheduled to have my surgery on 11/20...Happy healing..keep us posted!
hello vmtimeforme, thank you. im starting to feel better, but its weird my surgery is wed & i dont feel like it is... almost like im in a dis-belief that it is going to happen... guess it will feel real when im sitting in the OR getting the iv. lol good luck to you, you day is almost here
Thanks for responding, and yes you know exactly how I feel along with so many others. I just can't believe that this is happening...Good luck to you and happy healing!
I know how you feel . You feel prepared and ready to doit and then something happens it can be frustrated . But let's hope this won't affect the day of your surgery
Hi . Hey your date it's almost here how are you feeling excited I hope
Im a MESS....My pre-op was supposed to be the 1st. But thanx to "sandy" it was cancelled, My ps still has no power. So I have no clue when it will be & am afraid this will effect my surgery date. I'm also still worried about the size they will be after the surgery. I'm afraid they will be to small. & to top it all off my hubby is on a trip with the boys & it's my birthday. Sorry I'm such a downer today, i guess its just a combo of everything. or i need medication ...lol....How are you ?
Hello happytogetnewbody, I'm scheduled for nov. 19th. I Keep second guessing things too. I go back and forth, on what I want to do. I'm feel good about the drainless TT part but I'm very nervous about the BL. I'm a saggy small c now and PS says I'll end up perky b. I'm just over 5' so I hope that will look proportionate and not real real small. I just wasn't ready to go the implant route. Hope I made the right choice, decisions decisions. Good luck!!!!!
Hello Nettie, I totally agree I'm happy about drainless TT & I didn't want implants either. But am freaking out more everyday about what size I'm going to be left with... I'm gonna go read your profile page....see you on yours.

Thanks so much for starting your story! That's a tough choice. Was there a big difference in bedside manner/reviews/reputations of surgeons #1 and #2?

I have decided to go with number 2 ps , I just feel like he is the better fit