59 Yo Basal Cell Patient - Long Island, NY

Dr. Tutrone performed two levels of moh's surgery...

Dr. Tutrone performed two levels of moh's surgery in long beach. I then went to dr. Lawrence Lin in great neck for reconstruction. Both doctors were pleasant and competent. I really liked Dr Lin though. He was very compassionate and made me asccomfortable as possible. The numbing needles were very painful..perhaps because of fibromyalgia or nerve damage to my face from bells palsy. It's all a distant memory now. I am glad the cancer is gone. I have a scar but with makeup it is hardly noticeable. The nostril is now slightly smaller. Immediately after surgery, I used nostril cones to make breathing easier at night. Good luck to anyone going through this.

tingling sensation

It's been 10 weeks since moh's surgery on my nose. I massage the scar with mederma every night. The scar is healing well but I feel tingling and a slight itching as if a butterfly was flapping It's wings on my nose. With my glasses on, the scar is not too noticeable. My recent chest biopsy was benign so all is good and I don't have to go back to doctor until September. Good luck to all going through skin cancer surgery.

10 week photo

I'm adding update picture. Everything healing well. Itching and occasional nerve pain are manageable.

12 weeks

I'm a little more comfortable with my appearance. The tingling and itching is still there but manageable. I feel sensation at surgical site even as I type this although I'm not touching anything near my nose. Here is picture of side view (with makeup).

More Biopsies... more results

I had a checkup with my dermatologist last week and he took two biopsies -- both turned out to be positive - one for basal cell carcinoma (aggressive type) on my shin on leg and the other a small superficial squamous cell on my hand. He treated the hand yesterday with curretage and electrosurgery and he will perform surgery (with cut and stitches) on my leg July 30, 2014. At yesterday's appointment, we noticed something else in the scar where the moh's reconstruction was done in January. He took another biopsy and I await those results. PLEASE - anyone reading this who still sunbathes and doesn't take the sun seriously - PLEASE reconsider and cover up! I will post pictures when I get in a position to do so.

picture post surgery on hand

Swollen and sore but free of the squamous cell carcinoma.

all clear!

I am currently free of cancer. Tbe surgeries on my hand and my leg went well. The biopsy on my face was benign. I have 5 months until my next derm appt. Good luck to all going through this.
Dr. Tutrone and Dr. Lin

Dr. Tutrone is all business. Dr. Lin has more empathy. Both did good job.