Mommy Makeover in New York - Long Island

Good morning all, I've been looking over this...

Good morning all, I've been looking over this website for a while now and decided to come and introduce myself! A little about me, I'm 26, 5 foot 10 inches, weigh 190 pounds and have 2 children. The oldest is 8 and youngest is 15 months.

I'm getting a TT, breast aug/lift and lipo of my inner thighs, hips and lower back. Implants will be saline, under the muscle, 450ccs. I am SO nervous!

My husband took 2 weeks off of work to help me recover and help with our son. Do you think I'll be able to hold him or care for him after the 2 weeks? I read the real life tummy tuck survival article, great article! Is there anything else anyone would like to share about the recovery? Anything you wish you had known beforehand?

UPDATE- Good afternoon ladies! I'm now 6 days...

UPDATE- Good afternoon ladies! I'm now 6 days post op and feeling pretty good. To be honest, the pain was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be after reading stories on here! I am still taking my percocet, but only 1 or 2 a day. Only because my back is cramping so badly from being hunched over! lol The first 48 hours were rough, I won't lie. But very manageable with medication. I also had to stay overnight and I'm so happy I did! Having a nurse to help me out for almost 24 hours after surgery was wonderful. I have some pictures that I'll be adding as well. I am THRILLED with my results already! My doctor is amazing and I'm so grateful I found this website and had so much information at my fingertips. Can anyone tell me about lymphatic massage? I've read a few things about it and considering getting one later on.

Today I'm 8 days post op! I've made it...

Today I'm 8 days post op! I've made it this far! lol I'm feeling pretty good except for TERRIBLE back pain due to being hunched over. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will update you all then! Hope everyone is well.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

My Dr. is FANTASTIC! He has excellent bedside manners, is very knowledgable and really takes the time to listen to your concerns and make you comfortable.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I have to say, seeing your before photo is like looking at my body. My stomach, hips and thighs are identical, and I was just wondering if you would please post an updated picture? I have contacted Dr. R and am going to have a consultation with him. It would be wonderful to see what results I should expect from him. Thank you!!

Would love another update! How are you feeling now?

Any updated pics?
thank you so much for your advise and video explaining what to expect that was the best thank you
I was finally able to get in to see your video this morning. There wasn't anything there before for me to click on to watch it. Thank you I actually got up and grabbed a notepad and pen to take notes. I am so glad you are happy with your results. Hope everything is still going well.
Thank you..thank you..thank you for the video. I know I will be referring back to it.
You are Looking fabulous! I hope you are feeling OK. The bottom picture does look more even. I will be watching your recovery you are sounding so positive, hope I can be as upbeat.
Thank you ladies! Jen- I am SO excited! My goodness the doctor says I'm going to keep looking better and better as I heal and I'd settle for what I look like now! lol (Minus the bloody crusty tape and nasty scars...lol) MKell- GOOD FOR YOU! You're going to be so happy with your choice for yourself. I struggled with the decision to do this, asking myself was it vain, was it a waste of money? Absolutely not. I haven't felt comfortable in my skin for a long time and I'm thrilled with how things are progressing. Good luck!
Mom of 2, Thanks for sharing. You look great and I am so glad you were able to do this for you. I go in tomorrow for pre op and surgery is Wednesday. I have been nervous, but looking at pics and hearing everyone's experiences has really helped me. I am 61 and have wanted to do this a long time, so now it is my time...Keep up the good work and hug those babies.
You look wonderful girl! Don't worry about the hips looking different sizes. The swelling takes a long while to go down so you won't be able to tell anything for a bit. I am sure though it is all going to be fine in the long run. I can remember looking at my swelling and about had a panic attack. It was all good:) Don't you just love the flat tummy. You will be looking at yourself in the mirror for weeks to come. Enjoy your new body and I look forward to hearing about your recovery as you go.
You look awesome!!!!! Are you so excited? Keep posting..you motivate me!
I hope you are doing well and on your way to a smooth recovery :)

Thinking about you and wondering how it went!

I hope your surgery went well. I wish I could answer your questions but my surgery isn't until December. I would think you should wait until your doctor tells you it is ok to lift. You don't want to ruin your results. That being said I don't see any reason why you won't be able to snuggle on the couch.

Thanks for sharing your story with us! Sounds like you're truly getting a full makeover. Two weeks might be pushing it for holding your son. It all depends on how YOU heal. I've heard of a lot of women going back to work after two weeks, but you need to be especially careful with heavy lifting.

Anyone have recovery tips for Momof2?