Rodent Ulcer Removal/ Eye Lid Reconstruction and Blepharoplasty - London, WV

I was first referred to Sabrina Shah Desai five...

I was first referred to Sabrina Shah Desai five years ago.I had a rodent ulcer on my eyelid.I was very worried as all I was thinking was that I had skin cancer. From my first meeting I was put at ease and this was due to the warm caring manner of Sabrina.The procedure was fully explained to me. On the day of the procedure I was given a sedation, i was very worried about being awake but again i was put at ease throughout. I had the rodent ulcer was removed and i had eye lid reconstruction.Next thing I knew I was in recovery.The procedure went well and my eye lid healed with no problems,For the next 5 years I had check ups with Sabrina and was given the all clear.I saw Sabrina again in 2012 for a Bilateral upper lid blepharoplasty.I had such heavy eyelids they were hanging over my eyelashes.Again the procedure went well and I had very little bruising.I work with teenagers and when I went back to work one of them said my eyes looked awake, I couldn't have been given a better thumbs up.Not only did Sabrina remove skin cancer she gave the eyes that had been hidden by the hooded lids.I have been told I have beautiful eyes and I have Sabrina to thank for this.Any one thinking of a eye procedure couldn't be in better skilled hands.
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Very skilled surgeon with a warm and caring manner

How big did your rodent ulcer get before surgery?  I just googled it and about fell out of my chair at how aggressive they can be, I'm glad you had yours successfully removed and that your eyelid was reconstructed with no issues.

How was the healing of your blepharoplasty?

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the Community :)
The blepharoplasty healed really well,I had very little bruising so i was lucky.The itching to start with was hard but a small price to pay to see my eyelids for the first time in years.BCC was very small and didn't know what it was till i went to doctor.
Yeah I imagine the itching would be intense.  I had a lower bleph but the incisions were inside my eyelids so I didn't have to deal with too much itching, more just some occasional scratchy feelings as they healed.

Glad you and your doctor caught the rodent ulcer quickly :)