Fat Transfer from Thighs to Breasts - London, UK

For those of you that don’t know, a fat transfer...

For those of you that don’t know, a fat transfer is where they lipo (maybe not the right term…suck out fat with a wand) or ‘harvest’ fat from your unwanted areas. They clean the fat of blood and tissue then reinject it with a syringe into an area that you do want fat. I started researching this procedure about a year ago because I wanted larger breasts but I did not want implants. Breast implants look unnatural and I didn’t want scar tissue or something foreign in my body. It was difficult to find information on fat transfer and I rejected the idea when I first learned about it because the fat retention rate was so poor. The fat transfer reviews were not good in the beginning. They’ve somewhat perfected the procedure (or at least this doctor has) and now 90-70 percent of the fat transferred is retained. That swayed me to go ahead. I wanted to fix my deflated boobs after two children (isn’t that everyone?) and lose some extreme saddle bags (thanks genetics) and a little muffin top/back fat. Of course I attempted diet and exercise first but at 43, nothing really changed. I gained muscle but it was hidden behind layers of fat that I couldn’t get rid of. I worked out 4 to 5 times a week religiously for about three months prior to my surgery. After pricing liposuction and a breast augmentation, the two procedures would cost a little more money or about the same for the fat transfer (6,800 GBP) that I really wanted. Fyi, I am an American living in London. So here we go…I chose Dr. Wolf at The Private Clinic on Harley St, London, UK through online research and one consultation. The other doctor in consideration was Dr. Mehboob in Birmingham. Mehboob was less expensive but all the way in Birmingham, UK. I took measurements before and after surgery and the results being...I lost 1 inch around my thigh and gained 2 inches of bust…win win! I’ve gone down one pants size even though my butt wasn’t touched. I went from a droopy B cup to a fuller, nicely sloped C. I love my new cleavage and my breasts ripple like water on top like real boobs should. They look and feel completely natural. Everything that I had done is subtle. If you are looking for extreme results, this is not the procedure for you.

No pain no gain, right? Well, liposuction just hurts. I hobbled and was extremely uncomfortable for about a week. Then my drugs ran out (save the good drugs for night time so you can sleep) but to my surprise I was ok. It felt ok to move but if someone touched or if I knocked my legs against something, it hurt. There were giant bruises all over my legs and lower back. I wore a compression garment (this is a super tight thick girdle from waist to top of knees with a pee whole) for 4 weeks. Plan carefully because that girdle can be super-hot in summer months. My breasts were swollen and huge (far from the final result) with pin holes from the syringe all the way around. The breast healed much faster than the legs and were fine within a week. It’s been 5 weeks since my procedure and I’m almost back to normal with just a little tenderness left in the legs and lower back. The pain to my body and wallet was expected and in the end, I’m pleased with the results. Although the results are subtle, people are noticing that I look better without being able to put their finger on it.

PS- I hope this review helps. I found realself.com invaluable when researching this procedure. I'm glad to have the opportunity to give back.

Update! Not Worth It!!!

I've lost nearly all my fat that was transferred and it's been less than a year. How very disappointing to spend that kind of money and go through the discomfort to have it not last. I would say that I retained about 40-50% and who knows, I may still be losing. My doctor was sympathetic but offered no fix.
Dr. Wolf

I was a well researched patient and therefore, I knew most of what Dr. Wolf told me in the consult. I think he managed expectations well. For instance, he could only add as much fat into the breast as I had room for. Also, that this procedure results would not be the look of an implant. He explained how the procedure works, etc. He's extremely professional and even though I baited him with several cheeky comments (joking is my nervous reaction), he just smiled but never went there. He has online videos of him in action and a television interview. Although, the video that I saw was a young lady talking to the camera while having her procedure done. A bit misleading, I was way to drugged in my procedure to talk or make sense but I think I prefer to be out of it. After the procedure I had 3 follow up visits and all went well. The only hiccup was some confusion around my mandatory pre-procedure MRI. The staff at the Private Clinic set it up because I didn't think it was mandatory and they scrambled to get me an appointment the day before my surgery. Also, the letter said ultrasound but when I went to the imaging clinic (after waiting first in the ultrasound que) the imaging clinic insisted that I get a mammogram (different line and longer wait). Also, it would have been helpful if The Private Clinic would have reminded me that this imaging was at my expense (include it in the letter?) because I had forgotten. There was confusion at payment time and I had to call to verify. These were minor issues and found the majority of my interaction with the staff was fine. They always answered the phone and everything was always handled immediately.

Wow, I think you look great. To me, your breasts look fuller, especially in the upper pole & nice shape. You also look thinner from the lipo. I am sorry that you are not feeling it was worth it. Did you go up a 1/2 size or a size & what were you hoping for?
Hi, I have B cup, but I want to improve to C cup. Do your newly fat-grafted feel hard? As natural breasts are soft to touch. Thanks!
Hi, When you have time, would you consider posting an update and new pics?  We would love to hear if you are still pleased and how the fat retention is doing. Thanks!
Hi, does he charge for a consultation? I've also heard good things about Mehboob, and spoken with him over the phone. Like yourself I'm in London so it feels too far. You've had great results, I'm considering FT to correct the dents and lack of tissue from having implants. The cost and the pain after is what really puts me off!! 4 weeks is a long time to recover. Thanks for your review.
No charge for the consultation. I think Mehboob is approx. £4,000 and Dr. Wolf was £6,800 so if you can figure out the transportation (ie someone driving you around the first couple of days), it would save you a heck of a lot of money. I was willing to pay for the convenience of being in London. You have to think about follow up trips after the procedure. I had 3 or 4, I think. There was one the very next day after the procedure, so I'm guessing that it would be easiest to spend the night in Birmingham for the next day follow up. And then plan on making the trip out there possibly 3 more times. I hope this helps and good luck. I'm still very pleased with my results.
Hi. I'm considering fat transfer to my breasts. How has your recovery been? What type of bras are you allowed to wear during recovery?
Recovery from the legs is way worse than the boob recovery. The instructions are no underwire bras during recovery. I bought two post surgery C Cup bras (stretchy, no wire, clasp in the front) and quit wearing them within a week because they didn't work under any of my tops and my boobs were healing great. As described above, the only thing to heal on the breast are small syringe holes from the fat injection. Now for the legs, ouch! 6 weeks to be back to 100%. 4 weeks in a compression garment. Still worth it but you need to know what to expect. Good luck!
Thanks for your response.
IM A 34B CUP SIZE SIZE 16 IN CLOTHES WANT TO GO UP TO A SIZE 34DD IS THIS SIZE POSSIBLE WITH BREAST TRANSFER
That's a question for the doctors. My research is that you must have boob room (saggy boobs) and plenty of harvest fat. Even with those two things, most people just go up ONE cup size. I think, again this is a question for the doctors, that DD's would require an implant. The gentle harvested fat can only fill up a boob but not expand a boob. Make sense? Good luck!
Thank you for this I have been researching this for years and finally feel like I want to go for it! Your post is so helpful and you look amazing! I am slim but pear shaped and have breast fed 2 children so I hope I will get a hood result. Can you tell me if you had to use the Bravia system afterwards as it sounds like a nightmare.
I did not Bravia before or after. From what I understand, Bravia use is not proven to produce better results and is not needed anyway if you have breast room. I hope this helps. Let me know if have anymore questions.
Thanks for your reply, can you keep us posted on how you get on? Also from my research some people are critical of the fat harvesting techniques stating that the fat cells get destroyed in the process but there are other lipo techniques that keep them 'alive' did you discuss this with Dr. Wolf?
I didn't discuss the science with Dr. Wolf. I knew from research that the technique (whatever it is) had been improved to where 90 to 70% of the fat would most likely be retained. I also read that Dr. Wolf taught and led in fat transfers. All of that was good enough for me. As far as how I'm getting on, all is still well. It's been 2 months and everything is the same as my after photo above.
have u had good results
i have breast room because i was a 36ee once i left saggy skinq i goit consultation tomrw afternoon harley street the hospital surgery group i want to do it in spain thou
Thanks girls for your views! The only thing that put me off when meeting dr wolf was he couldn't show me pictures of the fat transfer after 3 months, most of the women he had operated on looked like they had way more excess fat to take to give that results! He said I have limited fat " haven't got the goods" lol to take as other patients! He also mentioned that because I am a petite frame it would look very good on me as it would show up more......? Wether or not I really don't know, obviously they are doing the operation for the money I don't know enough to rush in to it just yet! I don't have any cellulite on thighs so I'd be gutted if something did go wrong and I didn't like my legs as I would have to live with it forever lol! So many decisions to think about! I just wish they did Like plumping for your boobs lol I will try and post a picture of my body on here so u can understand where I'm coming from ! Thanks for all your views Emma Jane
Hi Emma Jane, I also wanted to give you my opinion.  I respect Pugtoelick for her opinion, however, I do not agree.  I would have loved to have the option of a FT to the breasts at 24.  I am 47 and never wanted implants.   I am almost 4 mths out & would do this again and would do it at 24.  The important things are twofold:  find a doctor that is good at lipo and won't leave you wavy & have realistic expectations for the breasts and the lipo.  With one fat transfer, you most likely will go up between 1 half to 1 size breast increase.  If you have cellulite, you will still have cellulite.  There is a chance for some irregularities.  So, the question is:  would you 1)rather do nothing, 2) get implants and have to change them out throughout your life and have them look unnatural & all the risks that go w/them or 3) get a Fat Transfer and have larger breasts with a nice shape with possible not perfect lipo.  For me, the choice was #3 and I am happy with my decision and I would have done it at 24.  I was a size 4 when I did it and I am a size 0 now.  My results are a marked improvement & I am happy.  They are not perfect just like most plastic surgery, it comes with trade offs.  Hope you reach your decision in a way that is best for YOU. Amelia Girl
Your completely right I don't want my legs touched really only wanted my breast fuller and enlarged but don't really want to go down the Cilicon route, when I heard of a natural option I thought great but I am worried with posts I have read etc! I don't think there is anything else you can do except Cilicons ? Your pics look great tho :)
Can you post a picture of ur body ? Cuz I am wondering the same thing! I a size 8-10 UK which is quite slim for my height cuz I am 5'11 and I wanted my breasts enlarged and whatever hips I have got left I can simply work it out! So If we are kinda like the same body shape and fat transfer is considered a bad option for u, then maybe it is a bad option for me too! I dont wanna go down the silicone route either!
Hi Emma Jane, I couldn't resist but join in on the conversation because I was once in your position. When I was in my 20's I wished for an option other than implants. My only point is that women are shaped very differently and rather than thinking in terms of size consider your body fat percentage. If you, Amelia and I were all a size 6 we would each have different amounts of excess fat. If a doctor said he could only extract 1.5 pints for transfer then that's saying you can only get a very modest improvement in size and you have to ask yourself would you be happy with that. I agree with P, lipo isn't fun and I wouldn't have went through it at 24. If you feel fat transfer is your only real option then I'd recommend having consults with additional surgeons and ask for pictures of results from patients that have a similar body type as you. Dr. Khouri is one of the few doctors I've seen that can obtain dramatic results for slender young women.
Age 24? Size 6? Are you sure you want to do this? Calculate keeping only 70% (not the 90%) of the 1.5 pints (divided by 2?) that's only 1 1/2 cup per breast? Plus 4 weeks of not wearing shorts or short dresses and scars, potential lumpiness, cost. Sweetie, I don't know. I certainly wouldn't think it was worth it when I was in my 20's. Also, it sounds like you don't need the lipo part but are just looking for some boob fat harvest area. I think for this procedure you need to really want help in two areas. In other words, if your boobs were not an issue, would you even consider thigh lipo? And vice versa. Just something to think about and much support for your decision. I would take a week off.
Can you please tell me what your thighs look like now? Are they rippled or do they look good? Thank you.
You can see my thighs were rippled before and they still are. They are way better shaped though. I'm hoping they'll be easier to tone but I've just been back in the gym a week and I can't tell for sure yet. Also, I still have a bit of swelling and tenderness in my thighs.
If you don't mind my asking, what was your starting and finishing weight? I think our bodies match exactly. I would be ecstatic with the same results.