Tired of Looking So Much Older Than I Was... London, GB

I am an active 55 year old who had the face of a...

I am an active 55 year old who had the face of a 70 year old, due mainly to too much exposure to strong sunshine over many years. I also had a very saggy double chin which did not diminish with weight loss. My husband and daughter both tried to reassure me that I didn't need surgery, but both now agree that the transformation is fantastic. I am thrilled with the results. This change has given my self confidence an enormous boost and I feel absolutely elated. Thank you, Dr Julian!
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Julian was very professional throughout the consultations, post procedure and follow up. He quickly addressed a concern I had by phone within 24 hours. I would heartily recommend this surgeon to anyone considering this type of cosmetic surgery.

Fantastic result! You look years younger. I'm going to Thailand for a full face and neck lift next week... I'm freaking out. x
Your results are wonderful--so many years erased. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing.
You do look fab,can you tell me the price in sterling,thank you.
You look amazing. I am having my facelift in 3 weeks and had been quite worried as I am rather chubby faced with a saggy neck after weight loss and all the reviews seem to be by slim ladies. I feel rather more reassured now, thank you. You look great I hope I will look as good.
BTW there are a number of reviewers who have had FL after significant weight loss... they all seem quite happy with results too!
Incredible results!!! How did you find this surgeon?
Thank you! I found the surgeon, Dr Julian De Silva to be a very pleasant, highly qualified and thoroughly professional individual whom I would recommend to anyone considering this type of surgery. As to how I became aware of his existence, I simply 'googled' cosmetic surgeons in the U.K. and his qualifications and experience impressed me the most.
Recovery is slow but sure. I have to keep looking back at my pictures since surgery yo make sure that I appreciate the improvements. Apparently changes will happen till one year post surgery.
I regularly review my before and after photos myself and keep a fortnightly photographic record. I find it helps motivate me to maintain the all the other positive aspects of my life post surgery.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and photos on RealSelf. Absolutely stunning results. Would love to know more about your recovery and how it went for you...
I found the second day post surgery to be a real downer as I had not fully anticipated just how major the procedure was and couldn't envisage the end result. I had even begun to doubt the wisdom of my choice. However, I received wonderful support from my family and after a further two weeks I felt much more positive. A month after surgery I felt brilliant.
You look beautiful!
Thank you very much for your lovely comment. I'm thrilled with the result.
You look wonderful! You must be so pleased :)
Thank you for your kind comment. I'm absolutely thrilled with the result.
What a wonderful improvement!
you look like new woman! Did you also lose weight or do you just look slimmer because of your neck lift? How is the scarring? Do your ears still look good?
Hi Lisbeth, thank you for your kind words. I had lost weight prior to the procedure but was only about 7 lbs heavier in this 'before' photo. I believe I look slimmer due to the neck lift itself. I have a small but visible scar under my chin, a small price to pay I believe for such a happy result. The scars on my upper eye lids are practically invisible now but I make sure I use plenty of sunblock to avoid them darkening. My ears look the same as before the procedure.
Thank you!