I'm Happy - London, UK

I got implants in the first place because of my...

I got implants in the first place because of my post pregnancy looks. I was very young and all my friends were so perky! Although I've never been for having a foreign object in my body, it seemed like the only possible way as the PS he said I couldn't have a lift because I was already very small. My experience with the implants showed me I should love myself as I am and accept natural change.

Implants don't look or feel natural, they hurt and you can have a lot of side effects most doctors don't make you aware of. I had a constant pain, couldn't hug people, was not able to dance or exercise like I did before, they felt heavy and I found it more difficult to breath and had capsular contracture, fibrosis in my breast tissue and numbness. It's surprisingly difficult to find a doctor willing to listen to you as opposed to trying a sales pitch, most of them want to convince you to replace and say you'll be depressed, look deformed and many scary things. That happened to me as well but after 6 months with the second set of implants, problems got worse and I said to myself that was it and got ready for the worst.

I found this website and a very supportive group of ladies who had been through removing their implants. Thanks to that I found my plastic surgeon who's an amazing person and now have rid myself of that weight. It was worth every penny spent, I feel lighter, natural, beautiful and special - I think I looked like a photoshopped plastic celeb before! My friends say I look younger and most people who don't know about the explant think I've lost weight, well, i did!

Hello there, It's been 15 days now and I feel...

Hello there, It's been 15 days now and I feel great. Most of the bad symptoms are gone now and and the scars are doing well.
My breasts have gone pretty much back to their original shape (if not better) and for that I'm really glad. I must confess I'd still prefer them to sag down to my knees rather than having implants again.
I was a 32A / AA before, went up to a full B and now am back to A. It's amazing how much our bodies can respond and heal and the skin does shrink back really well, opposed to what most PSs would say. My breasts feel very soft and now I can already sleep on my side.

I have just had my post-op appointment with Mr...

I have just had my post-op appointment with Mr Sterne. It has now been over a month. (yeeaah I sleep on my tummy now, this is great!!)

I couldn't be happier and he is very pleased too, he asked me if ok to show my pictures to future patients so they can see that implant removal is possible and that our breasts can look perfectly normal, soft and bounce back to a good shape. I am more than happy to help other ladies as my journey wouldn't be possible if I hadn't found this website and this group: " http://breastimplantadvice.com/ "

Now I can tell the swelling is gone (I'm posting pictures) and I have treated myself to some cute bralettes (I'll post pics of these later). I've also found I was wearing the wrong size, I'm a 30A, not 32A - which I quite like as I feel the smaller band gives more support and the smaller cup looks fuller (hahaha). To be honest I am so happy to have small breasts that I wear very low cleavage dresses and shirts and I can also wear fitted jackets no shirt underneath (very Kate Moss), I wouldn't dare to wear those things before!

For all you there afraid of losing volume, cleavage and size, DON'T! Honestly, small breasts and a gap in the middle are the new sexy. Many people who didn't know about the surgery kept telling me how much younger I look and they couldn't figure out what was different.

Time flies! It's been just over a year now. It's...

Time flies! It's been just over a year now.
It's amazing how much this experience changed me: sometimes I forget I've been through this implant mess, the scars are almost non-existent and I am extremely comfortable in my own body, but then looking at the implant pictures now makes me remind I wasn't always this confident.
Just so you guys know, after a year 'the girls' look the same as in the last pictures (the ones taken on the 20th day). I'm very happy with my body and with myself and wish you guys the same!
I'd also like to say that we waste too much of our time and our lives seeking a skewed ideal of beauty. We should just stop buying this crap the media keeps feeding to us in these magazines telling us 'what’s cool and what isn’t'. We should be going after our dreams, we can do a lot better than pushing a bra size.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I can't recommend Mr Sterne enough. He's a lovely and caring person, he listened to me for an hour, made notes, talked to me in a very positive manner but still being very realistic about possible outcomes. He did not mention re-implanting as a possibility at all and seemed genuinely worried about my case. His secretary is so incredibly helpful, I've pestered her so much with questions and she was always there too. Also, I had a minor inflammation in one of the incision (a stitch) and contacted her on a Sunday and she put me through to Mr Sterne who promptly responded, very different from some surgeons that don't seem to care after you've paid.

Just wondering, how old are you and how long did you have the implants in? I got mine two months ago and am already considering implant. Wondering if I should wait and see how it goes or just remove them.
Brilliant review! I agree with everything you have said.
Hi Anna, i am looking for a good surgeon to remove my 11 year old implants. I enjoyed reading your story so thankyou for sharing. I am so happy everything went well for you and i must say ur body looks amazing...! You look fit girl ..! I am thinking of seeing Guy Stearne too, just wanted to know how much he charged you. I live in London but will happily travel if i can get a good price as the cost is ridiculous here in London. X
You look beautiful! Do you feel like your breasts look the same after surgery as they did before your BA?
Anna.James, Its nice to hear from you.. Yeah time does fly! :) I remember you were the first story I read before I was making my decision of breast removal. Back then there wasn't much ladies that posted there pictures of there results and I actually thought oh my! I don't think , I can post my pictures but than I thought of you posting your pictures and how it helped me, to make my decision of removal .So thank you for sharing your story!:)
Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's truly inspiring and gives me hope that my explant on 5/30 will be a positive, successful experience. You look great!
Your results are beautiful! Gives me hope for my explant in a couple weeks...thanks for your story.
Your breasts look amazing, and your attitude is "spot on"!
Thank you for your review, I mjust say your breasts look amazing. I have recently explanted and reading reviews like yours gives me hope.
HI there so pleased you had good results with your explant. You don't mention what age you are I am interested as I'm in my early fifties and wonder if my skin will return to acceptable apperance! Also which clinic does Dr Sterne work for? Kind Regards
Hi Anna, I'm so pleased everything went well for you! I also am considering explantation with Mr Sterne. Did he do a capsulectomy with your explant? I've been reading a lot about these and that it seems to be recommended when having implants removed but surgeons don't always do it?
Hello there, No, he didn't perform a full capsulectomy, just part of the capsules. It's more a case by case thing and he said he wouldn't recommend it to me because I have very little breast tissue, and you always lose some tissue when getting a full capsulectomy because the capsules stick to your glands, ouch! I thinks it's absolutely fine if the PS gives the pocket a good wash and just remove the bits that do have to come out so the capsule doesn't build up fluids. the rest of it is slowly reabsorbed. It's been about 7 months now and I am doing great, honestly! I super recommend Mr Sterne, I think you couldn't be in better hands! :D All the best...
Guys, just so everyone knows, I'm doing great, it's fantastic to be natural and I even went topless on the beach. :P
Your posts are very encoraging! i think you look great :) i still havent completely made a choice about removing my implants because it is so hard to go through with it all and also find a surgeon. Did you do your surgery in london?
Ana8048, I had my surgery in Gloucester because I got good recommendations. When I met Mr. Sterne I knew I was in good hands. He's very caring and listens carefully to his patients. He's a member of the Breast Training Subcommittee of the British Association of Surgical Oncologists and BAAPS and BAPRAS. I think I did a very good 'homework' searching for a good PS and I would have travelled farther if needed. I'm really glad I found him because I got very upset with the PSs I saw in my country (Brazil), they did not seem confident about doing explant only and either tried to sell me more implants or came up with complicated ideas such as smaller implants and lift etc.
No, I did in Gloucester, because it's one of the hospitals where Mr Sterne performs surgery. I would have crossed the country just to get my surgery with Mr Sterne! ;)
Your body seems very similar to mine - skinny and thin skinned. I hope after I get mines out I'll look as good as you.
Oslogirl, I was searching on this website for question about how breasts would look after removal and I found you and your photo. my breasts look a little similar to yours with implants on.. and we have similar size implants, mine 200cc. How are you getting on with your decision of removing the implants? :)
Hi ana8048, I have booked to see a surgeon next month. My original surgeon is way too far away from where I am leaving so I'm thinking of seeing few and see what they say. I read some of your posts and see that you have two minds - to be honest I feel the same.
i did my original surgery in brazil. My mother is brazilian and we often go back "home" for holidays to see part of my family who still lives there. I wish to do the removal here in London, but i might be going to Brazil in dec, so i might consider doing it there. I had no problem with traveling last time and im still in contact with my previous surgeon but not sure i should stick to him since he didnt do a good job in the first place :/ i am too still searching for surgeons opinions, i know inside my heart i want to be all natural again, however i have so many fears!
Hello Anna, sorry for the late reply. Now I don't come here so often. I am doing great and that was the best decision I ever made. Really! I feel very confident even with the guys, couldn't be happier.
Oh Ana, I'm from Brazil as well! That's where I had my original surgery actually. I didn't have any luck getting a PS over there who would take the plunge to do the explant surgery. There are many issues involved that not every surgeon is trained / prepared for, such as capsule removal (part or full), washing up the area properly and scraping tissue if necessary - especially if you got Brazillian implants, they are rather 'furry' and come off inside you breast and are very sticky.
You look so awesome! Your pre-implant breasts and the way they look with implants is kind of similar to my situation, so it's very encouraging to see your post-explant photos!! I hope I look like you afterwards! Thanks so much for posting!
You look amazing! Thank-you so much for posting your story and pictures :)
Thank u for sharing,you look great!