No more bad backs and oogling! - London

I am 31 and in the UK so you might need to convert...

I am 31 and in the UK so you might need to convert the sizes I give you!. I'm small my back when I measured yesterday is 31" I wear 30 bras and some old 32 bras and by the end of the day I can't wait to get it off due to the pain! My bust is HH. I remember in primary school, I love dancing and went to country dancing classes, well for rehearsals for our first proper performance we had to wear leotards. I emerged from the dressing room (aged 7/8) to pointing, sniggers and stares of disbelief. They were just protruding nipples at that age but enough for me to run back to the changing rooms and I quit dancing. I'm an amazing dancer and sprinter but no one will ever know because these girls, Pinky and Perky have held me back! I have my consultation on Tuesday. The PS is a highly reputable PS in mastectomy and has done celeb boobs so I'm happy I've got who I've got. I keep obsessing. Maybe not a B maybe a C but everyone that goes up goes for a D so maybe that's the best. But I have hormone issues ( I must do with Pinky and Perky so large) so maybe if I go small they'll grow a bit anyway. Reasons - back pain, shoulder grooves, stretch marks, sagging, dropping, inability to wear any day time clothes and look good, I want to learn how to swim. Before pics coming soon.

Being a 30.5" back I really wanted to find women...

Being a 30.5" back I really wanted to find women with my back size online. Why are all the celebrities 32, 34 and above, they look small on TV?? It's weird I've never ever seen myself as small - pinky and perky are to blame. As you can see in my pic of me in my black t-shirt I look massive. I guess that explains my back ache, a little back carrying a very heavy load. The women that I printed pictures of are: Kat Deluna, Anna Konakova, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Alba. I'm going to request the median size of these women but if I could have an exact size it would be Kat Deluna. I didn't know who she was till I typed in 30C in Google. I suggest this as a way of finding what you want. Just go to Google Images, your desired size and walah!

I've started eating fruit and taking vitamins so I can make a healthy recovery. Consultation on Tuesday. Hope the PS is a nice guy and I hope that my C is achievable.

OK I thought I'd post for the sisters that...

OK I thought I'd post for the sisters that haven't had BR yet like me or have chickened out and won't have it done. I just wanted to post some style tips that help minimise the oogling!
Wear brighter colours on your bottom half, better still, stick to the same part of the spectrum so a dark red on top and a bright red at the bottom. Try and wear tops that stop past your waist. Ones that stop at your bum are perfect because it forces the focus lower. Any ruffles, big designs on your tops are gonna draw the eye there. Send the attention up, big makeup, bright lipstick, great jewellery. Hair is best higher than your shoulders so ponytails or short styles are best. Or send the attention down..knee high boots, sexy shoes...double breasted coats and jackets send the eye straight to the boobs, single button and v-necks are your friends. No high neck tops- I think we all know that one! But you can wear them under something else. Both tops should be the same colour. Any variations in colour on the top half draw attention. Safety pins between buttons on shirts saves much embarrassment. Always do a backwards clap in the mirror..if you look like the Hulk about to explode go one size up. It's better to appear bigger overall than have a wardrobe malfunction in front of a hot guy. Keep your tops as low as possible without baring cleavage (unless that's what you're going for - sometimes the girls have great uses!) and then wear a fashionable snoog (like a scarf) if it's cold but no high tops, don't button up to the top you get the monoboob. The best tip I can give you is wear your size. You don't need to get measured for this. Take different back sizes into the changing room and get the tightest but still comfortable one. With the cups, there should be no 2nd boobage, the bra should be flat. The back strap shouldn't rise up. When you achieve all of this you've got your size. You'll change with weight fluctuations too so do this often. When it comes to night time it's time to put those girls to use and low cut dresses/wrap dresses are great for feeling good about your beautiful body!

Just got back from meeting my PS. Well it didn't...

Just got back from meeting my PS. Well it didn't go how I thought it would. He intimidated me a bit and looked at me under his glasses. I think he might just be anti-social. He had 2 trainee consultants there and a nurse which threw me. I forgot to get out the questions I had written down as I was so overwhelmed with these 3 women there and a very direct PS. He said 'I'll go for a D but expect an E and you won't be disappointed'. (In US sizes I think that's a DD). I'm not happy because some women on here START at that size. He said the incisions might burst if we go too small and there's too much tension. I just think I still might have back pain with my little 30" back trying to hold it together! Well my nipple's going up 10cm and I'm to lose 40% of breast tissue. He better get me a D or smaller. I've got my post up sometime in February - he's busy and surgery 2 weeks after that. I'll have one night's stay in hospital. I wanna cry right now. I had wish pics of Bs and Cs but it's impossible :(

Got my pre-op on the 18th! I've applied for...

Got my pre-op on the 18th! I've applied for university in Jan so they moved my date forward. I've been so mad busy with my business that I haven't been on here for ages but after my pre-op I'll take it easy. Happy healing ladies and I'll be back on here full time soon xx

My surgeon has been on holiday so my pre-op is now...

My surgeon has been on holiday so my pre-op is now on the 22nd January. No idea when actual surgery will be. I'll update when I get the letter. Hope everyone is healing well xx

Finally a good surgeon

This journey started in 2010 when I finally had enough and got the courage to talk to a doctor. 3 hospitals later and I now have my surgery date. I have a lady doctor this time and it has made all the difference. I was bullied by my last two surgeons and kicked out of their hospitals in a way. I don't want to talk about those experiences because it makes me want to cry. Dr Choy is amazing. She took one look at me, and just a quick look, not a 10 minute look like the men I'd seen and said, yes, you definitely need it and I will give you a lift and I will try and even them out and all sorts of things you want to hear. She's Chinese so when I said I want to be small, I know she understood. My first surgeon Baildam mentioned E and F cups as an end result..that is a lot of ladies' starting out size..he was very stupid. I'm a reasonably slim lady but I've put on a bit of weight now and have started to bulge out of my HH which means I'm getting close to a J!! This surgery can't come quickly enough. There was a bit of scary news, all of them copped a feel but she was the first surgeon, of the 6 different doctors that have felt necessary to feel me that has spoken about my lumps. She sent me for an ultrasound and they stuck needles in me to send it for biopsy. Scary and painful stuff. Should it hurt to press on my breasts? It does. She said she's hopeful they are benign but she wants to remove them during my reduction which means my surgery is gonna be a longer and more complicated. I have my pre-op on 4th April and my surgery on 1st May. I'll update when I hear back about my biopsy results.

Mixed feelings - post surgery advice needed!

It's in two days time, I have been strengthening my back and chest muscles with resistance bands and been eating fruit and salad for the last 3 weeks. I've lost weight which is great. I just wanna make sure there's no chance of anything going wrong. I can't believe I started posting when I was 31 and I'm 33 now! The whole thing started when I was 30! Well it's happening. There's another part of me worried that I'll regret it. I'm sending myself positive vibes that nothing will go wrong. I could only get 10 days to rest before I go back to work. Will I be able to drive, ladies? I haven't been told if I'll stay overnight or if they will kick me out of theatre the moment I blink awake...how soon can I use Bio Oil? I bought Sanex to wash with so I don't get any infections. So scared! and excited! There are some clothes I can't wait to finally wear. Especially my work shirts!

CANCELLED SURGERY!

I am psychologically drained. They seemed confused to see me when I arrived, and then, the care nurse came to see me. I knew that was a bad thing coz her job is to help people who are upset. She said that a cancer surgery had taken precedent over mine. That's ok. But they had tried to call me on a number I haven't used since 2010! They claimed they wrote to me 4 days ago and gave me a copy of the letter. I said, well there is no proof. It takes one day for a letter to arrive and it wasn't in today's post this morning. The liars. Every time I go to see them they make me fill out forms, what's your name, where do you live, how can we contact you, are you on any new drugs etc etc...why wasn't my number updated?? What's the point of the form? I demanded they get my notes but they said they hadn't requested it because they didn't expect me to be there. I don't trust the stories. I think someone there has messed up big time and I will be seeking compensation. Psychologically, for lost holiday at work, my mum took 2 days off (plus the weekend) to look after me and she said today she doesn't know if she can do it again. I don't blame her for being p***d as this is elective. Argh! A whole month of healthy eating and exercise! I know it was good for me but I've been so hungry and now I have to stay hungry. Well...at least it's gonna happen. I did throw all my bras into a bag ready to go outside. So glad I didn't put them in the outside bin. I don't want anyone telling me it's a sign I shouldn't do it. I have been throw enough crap to get here to not give up now.

The day before I thought was my surgery day...

Big sigh.

I made it

First thank you to all who have followed my story and wished me well xx. My boobs have not fallen to the sides even though I am laying on my back! Tons of blood from right but nothing from left?? I love my breast care nurse she said royce bra great but buy another sports bra coz im 30 bought 32 she said 34 or 36. It hurts but thats good means im alive and can feel pain. Pics soon nothing to c yet x

worst night

So remember how I had no drainage from left. Miss choy did right whilst Salim did left. I didn't know him he wasn't there for measure or consult. His side didn't have a drop of blood! So right didn't hurt much felt soft left killed esp at drain point. Moaned about no blood and pain nurses wanted me to chill out. Bitches. I felt more and more pain harder and harder bigger and bigger. Texted my nurse coz nurses just kept calling other nurses who kept telling me to relax pain is normal. Got to uncontrollable crying stage 1030pm. My nurse called hospital night doctor from home she is a great nurse Cate, doctor came took ages nearly midnihht she didnt know about breasts she called surgeon he didn't know what to do so I begged re operate! He wasnt keen. I said stab me I have a clot, he then thought good idea stabbed me with needle all over breast and nothing. Still getting bigger, felt on fire could breath well crying was hard. He called Miss choy no answer they found a surgeon he rushed in and I was back in theatre. I had eaten so gave me oxygen for ages that hurt felt lungs would burst, I prayed and cried so much. Thought I would die. Then woke up 3am in recovery. I had texted mum so she was there in bits i found out they let my parents on my ward was crying I made it. Salim came have a look the sob wouldn't admit liability just said these things happen no compassion. I still felt I had a problem he just poked me and said I felt normal but swollen. Ps it hurt and he wasn't gentle. I demanded Miss choy. She's off. I kept insist ing so they called her she sent me for mammography. She said ok small 3cm heamotoma nothing to worry about. I said I wanted it gone she got stroppy but got needle sucked a little blood said rest will break down kicked me out of radiology. So angry. I demanded discharge. Home now.

first night pics pre clot removal

4hese were taken for the cornoners court. I was sure I was gonna die from this clot. Breast was nearly in my neck for the expanding. They had 4 litres of blood to give me post op so u get an idea of how much blood they removed second op. I cant believe I dont have an apology. He will not get away with this.

I feel like im the same size

It's 2 days post second surgery. I asked miss choy how small she would make me she said you dont want be be too small. Argh! This A cup dr has no idea! I said please aim for C she said ok dont worry. My bra is an E cup and I think its small!

drains out

A positive post this time. I know I've had a nightmare but at least this site has real stories not just the versions ur PS wants u to hear. So went in saw my PS for the first time since she sliced me open 5 days ago. I told her about my size iSsues she said in time I hope u can be a D cup. I reminded her I wanted a C cup and she reiterated that no one wants be be flat. You mean YOU hate being an A cup. (She is an a cup I'm not being nasty) anyway she took the drains out - holy mother of... Yeah it hurt like a ... But what a relief. I am able to do up my 34E bra now. So I've dropped from an F. When she took off my dressings she said GO AND BUY ARNICA and she did that thing when u suck in air so I knoow my left boob (after 2 ops) must look nasty. Still in pain. Sent me for ultrasound gave me local anesthetic in my boob. Once it kicked in I felt better. So she tried too aspirate the rest of the haematoma. She said it's clotted a lot but removed a bit of black blood from me. Made a comment that it would have been easier if she tried sooner. I wanted to knock that somomabitch out. Not sure if I mentioned I saw her after my second op and she made me cry and told me it would break down naturally. She was nice today but I think it's coz she knew she had messed up last time. My surgeon said if it doesn't go they will open me up a 3rd time! But we are praying to the Almighty father that it brEaks down. Check up next week and week after. Got waterproof dressing now. Thanks God coz I feel so dirty and not in a good way! Side note, prune juice!!! My belly was expanding. I thought I would be ok on fruit and veg but listen to the ladies and get the juice and be free. Lol! With regards to my size 34E is 32DD is 30D. So if they do go down perhaps I will be a C but it feels like 30D will be my final size. I'm stooping but my headaches and backaches have gone. Ps. I really hope I have some nipple sensation next week.

can close bra

I wrote a long essay which was just lost once I added pic. Grrr. Short version is ps took over 350g each. I can now close 34e bra. Started bromelin. Met a guy online.

dressings off

They look boxy left is hard but healing has gone very well. Nurse said cover in vitamin e hence shine. My first shower was today. Worried about small open in right nipple. Still getting rest rubbing in arnica taking bromelain and multivitamins and started ibroprofen yesterday on nurse's suggestion as still get pain and still have swelling.

swollen

Hi ladies, I wish I was posting like the other reviews 'hi, doing great, been too busy to update, healing well, best decision ever' but my story has been less than perfect. I have pain still especially in left. I'm posting at 6am as the pain woke me up at 5 and I notice a lot of extra swelling in left. My 34E surgical bra is ready to burst. So I'm not happy. Saw surgeon for my followup. She said she want happy with the way it was healing and ordered an ultrasound but the staff had gone home so she said monitor with arnica and we'll do it in a month. I'm scarring white on that side too, she said she can do a scar revision but the worst thing she said a few times is 'we can probably do a further reduction' she sees that this E/F they have left me is little consolation from HH. They only took over 700g in total. Some ladies here had 600g from one! I'll take some pictures tonight when I get back from the dentist hospital. They're putting me to sleep. Yay more anesthesia(!) I hope I recover quickly from that one. I'm worried about leftie. No nipple sensation in either. Some ladies have hyper, I would swap in a heartbeat. Gosh, I sound like I moan a lot. I guess, unfortunately, I am not one of the great success stories.

3 week photos

My breasts have gone down today. The anesthetic I had today wore off and I came to towards the end. They had to calm me down. I must have had so much this month I've become immune! Anyway I attribute the swelling and pain to my bumpy trains getting to hospital. Not sure if I mentioned my ps kept talking about breast feeding and she claimed yesterday she had maintained my ability to do so. I believe this may explain why there still so much boobage. Did I ask to be a milk machine? Most women will argue with me but I've never wanted to breastfeed. Grrrr! I had to mention I'd had this surgery to the dentist and he could not keep his eyes off my breasts. I was so angry. grrrrr! My American friend wants to go sightseeing tomorrow. I've missed her so much, but I just wanna sleep! So sore boobs the next day...and I have a date with my ex. I wonder if he'll notice. And if we get back together, I don't know if I can show him. He's not gonna like my lack of feeling. Could fake it I guess.

3 week photos

3 weeks

day 20

Grrr it said it hadnt loaded but it had! Using 100 vitamin e oil at night. I am scarring white! Not happy. All my other scars are dark.

previous posts

Please work! Photos WERE attached. 4 times. This is frustrating

Got sized up

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, partly coz I've not had much to say that was good. I still have a hard collection of blood above both nipples, mainly left which I'm trying to massage away. On a positive note I have a hint of a small bit of feeling on my left but nothing on my right nipple and no feeling whatsoever underside of both breasts. The positives are that my posture is good, my clothes fit better and no more back pain. I also feel more confident. I also don't actually need a bra as they sit upright! My scarring is coming up white so my ps will refer me to have medical tattoos to cover them. So I went to the shops to try on bras: I've been wearing crop tops. I took F, E, DD in with me. So my final size is an F cup UK which is DDDD in US I'm told. I guess it's an improvement from HH, but I still had problems finding the pretty bras in my size. I will still pay lots of money for lingerie. My PS did say, perhaps you would make a good candidate for further surgery. - You think?! I'm gonna leave it till after kids though. She said they will get bigger during pregnancy. SMH. To anyone unsure, it is a good decision overall as I much prefer being an F to a HH but I just wish I had gone down to a max of a DD. The PS and others say over the space of a year they can further reduce. My backfoot they can! I'd post pics but they havent changed much from my oiled up ones above. Will post some 6 month pics in December.
Dr. Christina Choy

I'm getting it done free on the NHS at Homerton in London ENGLAND...not an option on the dropdown!

I am furious on your behalf, hearing how you wanted to be a smaller C-cup, but your doctor didn't think you should be. This was never supposed to be about what she thought you should have but was supposed to be what you wanted. I had BR in 2005 and got the C-cup I wanted, down from a big (and droopy) DD, and I am still so happy with the way they look and the fact that I don't have to wear a bra if I don't want to. Also, my doctor assured me I would have full sensation in the nipples, and he kept his promise. This is not a magic trick but something a good doctor can and should deliver! I would insist that YOUR doctor go back, at her own expense, and give you the bust you asked for. Sure it's an improvement, but your current size still has to be uncomfortable, and I doubt the size will go down at all. Someone with all the problems you have had could sue for malpractice in the U.S. Not that I'm pro-lawsuit, but you get the drift.
YOU ARE GETTING THERE ! Just think of all the Weight - we USED to have to Haul Around ! Sending you MORE GOOD HEALING VIBES !
Thanks Wendy! Yes, it's true, my shirts close now and the headaches have gone. When I stop stooping I'm sure my back will be better too. I'll send a good post soon I'm sure x
Sorry it has not been a breeze. When do you see the consultant again?
Thanks, where do u find time to be nice to everyone? Going back 15 July for the ultrasound and to see her. The only thing I did different was I made my own way by public transport to hospital. I think the bumpy ride caused the trauma.
I'm sorry that your still experiencing pain. Is the left breast the one that the other surgeon worked on? I may need a further reduction too but I'm gone c try weight loss first. I don't want to go thru another surgery if I can help it
Yes, the man worked on the left. A lot of the breast is fat so I hope you can reduce a few cup sizes that way. I have a small frame, an overabundance of breast tissue. Couldn't I have had long hair instead?!
Ok!!!!. I think I'm gone do a revision in 6 months. I don't think I have much fat because she say my tissue is dense. I honestly don't think I will l lose much with exercise but in 6 months i should know. I hope we continue to talk thru this journey I'm curious to see your outcome as well as my own
Thank you for sharing your story. Right now, I'm 3 days PO from a TT so I'm gonna wait to have my breast reduction surgery. I, like you, am also a HH and I have the same exact bra you have on in the pre-op photos you took. I'm looking forward to going back to my pre-pregnancy cup size before I had the first of my 3 children. If the doctor can get me back to a DD, i'll be happy.
I hope you're healing well. The best thing from it will be your lift. Your 'no bra necessary' look. I don't think DD will be too hard to achieve.
Thank you so much for sharing your story! Im originally from the Uk and currently live in Boston. Im a 28-30 HH, want to go down to a full C and just had my surgery scheduled for August. Researching bra sizes has been so tough, I looked online too and the only celeb I could find with small back that i knew was Jordan. HA! Sorry you have had such a hard time of things, i hope your healing journey takes positive turn soon.
I gave pictures to the last 2 ps, was shot down for that and referred to psychologist so I got rid of my wish sheet. I wish I'd shown this doctor. It's the most important thing you can do. Show them. Saying 'I want a C, sometimes doesn't resonate' all the best for August and I hope you get your desired result x
You are healing wonderfully
Thanks. Lefty is still big hard and annoying but taking it easy and eating right has meant I'm pretty much closed up. How are you?
I am so miserable. I returned to work yesterday and my breast were swollen and super heavy. I'm now at work with two sports bras on and they are digging in my shoulders. I'm having the same problems that I did prior to surgery. I feel like I got a lift and a small reduction and all the weight was just moved to the top. U don't know what to do at this point. I know what I'm feeling can't all be from being swollen. I was so ready to have my life back. Now I'm back on the muscle relaxers again
Oh no. Don't wear two bras, you won't be able to breathe. Maybe your surgical bra will be better. Anytime you move them around, as in bending down or whatever, it causes a little trauma. If you can get more time off work, take it. Your body doesn't sound like it's ready for your normal life yet.
Looking good!. Are you just oiling up or are you using a antibiotic ointment as well?
Started the vitamin E oil today and I massage the bruising with arnica cream twice a day. Did antibiotics for a week and I was given some during surgery too. Damn thing gave me a yeast infection!
The trick is to eat yogurt during. I had antibiotics too and was blessed enough not to go thru that. Hey, you are doing great. I'm happy for ya!
Whenever I have to take ANY Kind of Antibiotic - I ALWAYS get Yeast Infection ! The Trick to it - is to have an RX for Diflucan. I have to take 1 Pill the same Time that I take the Antibiotic - and then take another Diflucan 4 Days After.
Welcome to the smaller side and glad you are home and doing well. We had identical complications post surgery and it will take a while to look and feel as you expected. Try to relax and take it easy for now, your body has been thru alot. :-D xx
Hope every day gets a bit easier, and hope you don't have to have another surgery. If you still have swelling from the hematoma it is probably difficult to determine your final size. In regards to bra size, I think you have it backwards. A 34E is the same thing as 34DD, which would be the same thing as 32DDD...just try not to worry too much about out final size yet. You really will have so many changes these next few weeks.
Sorry that you had some Complications ! We heal from the Inside out - so I guess it just all takes TIME - to see what we will turn out to Be - for Size.
hopefully day by day things will get better.
Hi I put up pics. Chk them out when u get a chance