No more bad backs and oogling! - London

I am 31 and in the UK so you might need to convert...

I am 31 and in the UK so you might need to convert the sizes I give you!. I'm small my back when I measured yesterday is 31" I wear 30 bras and some old 32 bras and by the end of the day I can't wait to get it off due to the pain! My bust is HH. I remember in primary school, I love dancing and went to country dancing classes, well for rehearsals for our first proper performance we had to wear leotards. I emerged from the dressing room (aged 7/8) to pointing, sniggers and stares of disbelief. They were just protruding nipples at that age but enough for me to run back to the changing rooms and I quit dancing. I'm an amazing dancer and sprinter but no one will ever know because these girls, Pinky and Perky have held me back! I have my consultation on Tuesday. The PS is a highly reputable PS in mastectomy and has done celeb boobs so I'm happy I've got who I've got. I keep obsessing. Maybe not a B maybe a C but everyone that goes up goes for a D so maybe that's the best. But I have hormone issues ( I must do with Pinky and Perky so large) so maybe if I go small they'll grow a bit anyway. Reasons - back pain, shoulder grooves, stretch marks, sagging, dropping, inability to wear any day time clothes and look good, I want to learn how to swim. Before pics coming soon.

Being a 30.5" back I really wanted to find women...

Being a 30.5" back I really wanted to find women with my back size online. Why are all the celebrities 32, 34 and above, they look small on TV?? It's weird I've never ever seen myself as small - pinky and perky are to blame. As you can see in my pic of me in my black t-shirt I look massive. I guess that explains my back ache, a little back carrying a very heavy load. The women that I printed pictures of are: Kat Deluna, Anna Konakova, Cameron Diaz, Jessica Alba. I'm going to request the median size of these women but if I could have an exact size it would be Kat Deluna. I didn't know who she was till I typed in 30C in Google. I suggest this as a way of finding what you want. Just go to Google Images, your desired size and walah!

I've started eating fruit and taking vitamins so I can make a healthy recovery. Consultation on Tuesday. Hope the PS is a nice guy and I hope that my C is achievable.

OK I thought I'd post for the sisters that...

OK I thought I'd post for the sisters that haven't had BR yet like me or have chickened out and won't have it done. I just wanted to post some style tips that help minimise the oogling!
Wear brighter colours on your bottom half, better still, stick to the same part of the spectrum so a dark red on top and a bright red at the bottom. Try and wear tops that stop past your waist. Ones that stop at your bum are perfect because it forces the focus lower. Any ruffles, big designs on your tops are gonna draw the eye there. Send the attention up, big makeup, bright lipstick, great jewellery. Hair is best higher than your shoulders so ponytails or short styles are best. Or send the attention down..knee high boots, sexy shoes...double breasted coats and jackets send the eye straight to the boobs, single button and v-necks are your friends. No high neck tops- I think we all know that one! But you can wear them under something else. Both tops should be the same colour. Any variations in colour on the top half draw attention. Safety pins between buttons on shirts saves much embarrassment. Always do a backwards clap in the mirror..if you look like the Hulk about to explode go one size up. It's better to appear bigger overall than have a wardrobe malfunction in front of a hot guy. Keep your tops as low as possible without baring cleavage (unless that's what you're going for - sometimes the girls have great uses!) and then wear a fashionable snoog (like a scarf) if it's cold but no high tops, don't button up to the top you get the monoboob. The best tip I can give you is wear your size. You don't need to get measured for this. Take different back sizes into the changing room and get the tightest but still comfortable one. With the cups, there should be no 2nd boobage, the bra should be flat. The back strap shouldn't rise up. When you achieve all of this you've got your size. You'll change with weight fluctuations too so do this often. When it comes to night time it's time to put those girls to use and low cut dresses/wrap dresses are great for feeling good about your beautiful body!

Just got back from meeting my PS. Well it didn't...

Just got back from meeting my PS. Well it didn't go how I thought it would. He intimidated me a bit and looked at me under his glasses. I think he might just be anti-social. He had 2 trainee consultants there and a nurse which threw me. I forgot to get out the questions I had written down as I was so overwhelmed with these 3 women there and a very direct PS. He said 'I'll go for a D but expect an E and you won't be disappointed'. (In US sizes I think that's a DD). I'm not happy because some women on here START at that size. He said the incisions might burst if we go too small and there's too much tension. I just think I still might have back pain with my little 30" back trying to hold it together! Well my nipple's going up 10cm and I'm to lose 40% of breast tissue. He better get me a D or smaller. I've got my post up sometime in February - he's busy and surgery 2 weeks after that. I'll have one night's stay in hospital. I wanna cry right now. I had wish pics of Bs and Cs but it's impossible :(

Got my pre-op on the 18th! I've applied for...

Got my pre-op on the 18th! I've applied for university in Jan so they moved my date forward. I've been so mad busy with my business that I haven't been on here for ages but after my pre-op I'll take it easy. Happy healing ladies and I'll be back on here full time soon xx

My surgeon has been on holiday so my pre-op is now...

My surgeon has been on holiday so my pre-op is now on the 22nd January. No idea when actual surgery will be. I'll update when I get the letter. Hope everyone is healing well xx

Finally a good surgeon

This journey started in 2010 when I finally had enough and got the courage to talk to a doctor. 3 hospitals later and I now have my surgery date. I have a lady doctor this time and it has made all the difference. I was bullied by my last two surgeons and kicked out of their hospitals in a way. I don't want to talk about those experiences because it makes me want to cry. Dr Choy is amazing. She took one look at me, and just a quick look, not a 10 minute look like the men I'd seen and said, yes, you definitely need it and I will give you a lift and I will try and even them out and all sorts of things you want to hear. She's Chinese so when I said I want to be small, I know she understood. My first surgeon Baildam mentioned E and F cups as an end result..that is a lot of ladies' starting out size..he was very stupid. I'm a reasonably slim lady but I've put on a bit of weight now and have started to bulge out of my HH which means I'm getting close to a J!! This surgery can't come quickly enough. There was a bit of scary news, all of them copped a feel but she was the first surgeon, of the 6 different doctors that have felt necessary to feel me that has spoken about my lumps. She sent me for an ultrasound and they stuck needles in me to send it for biopsy. Scary and painful stuff. Should it hurt to press on my breasts? It does. She said she's hopeful they are benign but she wants to remove them during my reduction which means my surgery is gonna be a longer and more complicated. I have my pre-op on 4th April and my surgery on 1st May. I'll update when I hear back about my biopsy results.
Dr. Christina Choy

I'm getting it done free on the NHS at Homerton in London ENGLAND...not an option on the dropdown!

what a long journey you have had, i hope it will not take much longer to get your BR. I have a chinese surgeon, he has done an amazing job as you can see on my review
Good luck on your results - it can seem like it takes forever but it is so worth the wait ;-)
Thanks! I'm so excited.
Good luck with the biopsy results !
Hey, I'am a 30-32hh Im 25 years old and I've wanted breast reduction since I was 16. i have considered NHS but I am a bit scared, i would love to se you pictures of how the surgery has gone to get some more insight, as I'm a black woman from London myself, this will help to see how your scars are heeling etc. Thank you
I had my 'pre op' today. The reason I put it in inverted commas is that it was merely a second consultation. The PS tried his hardest to talk me out of it. Had another (unnecessary) look and tried to present a lot of worst case scenarios so I told him straight, look, I'm on this site called real self and I know everything there is to know and in spite of all the possible complications I WANT THIS SURGERY. I won't be having a proper pre-op and pictures etc. That's fine, just rush me in mate. He said he's fully booked till mid March and I said oh hell no, y because I saw you in November and now I'm here again for a 'chat'..I won't wait. I'm very proud of my assertiveness with him because my first time in there I was quiet. AfterwardsI wrote an email expressing my upset and I saw a huge improvement in his manner today. I'm glad I've got him and he was nicer. I've booked February off work so I should get a letter by Friday with a date and it'd better be soon I have to be back to work on 4th March. He should be moving someone around to fit me in. I can't wait!
Why on earth would he try to talk you out of it?! You have a TINY frame and ENORMOUS boobs. You're one of the most ideal candidates I've seen on this forum! Good for you for being assertive. I hope you get your date soon.
Looking at your pic with the black bra on I almost cried , I was the same a GG/H and I found surport in those same bras . I'm now 6 months op and thank my lucky stars very day that I was brave enough to do it . Good luck with
good luck today x
Thanks Nini! My hospital had some technical issues then my surgeon went on holiday over xmas so a loooong wait for the pre-op! It's on the 22nd now. Happy New Year to you, hope you're ok x
nothing worse than waiting !! I went to a D and I love then know but I thought they were tiny at first and they are perk so you don,t have that weight on your shoulders so hopefully you will love your D when you get them xx
Hopefully, after all is said and done, you will be happy with the outcome. My PS never gave me a bra size after surgery. He only informed me on how much tissue he would be removing. I know you will be happy with your new results.
Good luck! I wouldn't focus on cup sizes too much. My PS removed 4.5 lbs of tissue but I think I'll only be down 2-3 cup sizes (I think I started the same size as you). But having that 4.5 lbs gone is totally worth it. They have to keep a certain amount in there to maintain blood flow and all that good stuff. As for not seeing celebrities who have that small of a band measurement, it's because they're wearing the wrong size. From your pictures, it definitely looks like you're wearing the right size bra (internet high five!). I really think most normal weight people should be in 28-32 band sizes. I'm rather large for a lady and I wear a size 34 band.
Its a horrible experience this isn't? It is comforting to know that others feel the same. I am post op and still have anxieties. I just to get my first check up done so that he can pat me on the back and say everything is ok. I am hypersensitive, obsessing about everything at the mo. Can't help it! xx
I went NHs in Birmingham. Didn't have to wait too long, no more than 1 year. I was 32h and wanted an e. but surgeon said the surgery wouldn't be worth doing so to expect a d to dd. I'm on day 7 post op now and wearing a 34 e sports bra so with swelling etc, I would say I'll be a d which now, I am extatic about. Some people can't notice the difference!!!!!!! I suppose I always wore baggy clothes. Listen to the surgeon, but if your not happy then try another if you can. I didn't really build a relationship with mine, I just saw him twice before surgery but that was fine with me. I trusted him. Look forward to reading your progress.
Maybe you're right, I'm asking for the moon on a stick and yesterday. I had a B/C in mind coz I just want the weight off. You can't expect too much from these NHS doctors especially ones that are professors like mine and make breakthroughs in science. Thanks!! Happy healing xx
if ur not comfy with what he tells u then get a second consult and that way u can be sure before u go into surgery! i hope all goes ok for u.
Thanks Charly! You're ace when it comes to kind words, I've seen you on nearly every review. *big hug* (Ironically you prob can't do that yet! )
I concure! xx
P.S. Take a look at GymnastGirl86 here on RS - last posted Sept 15th: (http://www.realself.com/review/chicago-il-breast-reduction-operation-bye-bye-boobies-begun), but she is super tiny like you and her PS removed over 700 gm - She asked to be made really small to fit her frame and I think she got what she wanted. You might be encouraged reading her story if you haven't already...
THANK YOU NIESEY! I am so encouraged. OK I'll contact the hospital tomorrow and see if I can meet someone else as soon as possible. I wanna get the same result as gymnast girl.
That's so sad it didn't go well - Its so important you are comfy with your PS and have all your questoins answered AND that you get close to your desired results. Is it possible to get a second opinion? That was the best advice I got here - shop around until you find the PS that you love. I consulted with 3 and went with the 3rd and love him and his staff!! I understand there are risks going smaller, like healing and nerve attachments, etc. but it would be best to get another, if not 2 more opinions -until you are certain you found someone who listens to you and explains everything - there are also several different techniques used depending on the surgeon - Its worth the wait to get the right surgeon. You won't regret it!! Hope you can get what you need/want!! Best wishes.
yes welcome my surgery is in a few hours just on here browsing cant sleep so when is your surgery?
All the best! I haven't got a date yet. I'll be following your recovery x
welcome and when is ur surgery scheduled?????