Wish I was smaller- London, Holborn

Hi guys I had my breast reduction exactly 4 week...

Hi guys I had my breast reduction exactly 4 week and 1 day ago. Prior to the surgery I had been getting counseling due to the depression my breasts had caused and it felt like I did not exist. I was a 30J (UK), 5'5", 60kg. I hoped that getting a breast reduction would give me my life back and live it without the burden they gave me. I went to see the surgeon and discussed what I wanted from the surgery. Date was booked and I was so excited. Day of the surgery, he made his markings on me. I asked him roughly how much he was going to remove in order to get me to a small cup size - He wasn't able to. But I still hoped he would get me down to a reasonable size as I had also informed him I wanted to get back to running races again. Not sure how long it took or how much they removed cause when he came to see me after, I think I was still drugged by the meds. Pain was bearable and I had drains overnight. One thing that broke my heart to hear was when a friend of mine came to see me and they said I was still big. That was exactly what I thought when I looked down my chest when I woke up, but had dismissed it as maybe swelling. But when it came out of someone else's mouth and having known me for a while, I believed what they said. I wasn't able to see my surgeon the following day as he had to rush off somewhere of which I could have spoke to him about it. They told me I would be able to see him in 6 weeks time and till then, I would be having my follow ups with a nurse. Two weeks into recovery, I got an infection. Tender, painful, and oozing breasts. This also gave me a fever and I almost past out about 3 times before they could do anything about as the nurse said it did not look as if it was infected. It took about a week to get the results, so I've only just started my antibiotics (2 weeks). Incisions are healing fine except the small infected area. I see my surgeon next Friday and more than anything I feel angry. My symptoms of back/shoulder pain are still there (not even mildly reduced), my shirts/tops are not even slightly loose and my 30J (which I've tried on a few times) fits just about the same. I've tried other smaller sizes thinking I was maybe being irrational, but they're not even close to fitting. I am so disappointed that it makes me cry. All that and no results. It's like I went it one size and came back the same size with scars for nothing! I looks as if he gave me a breast lift. To my understanding, a breast reduction also results in a lift and not the other way around. I saved up for this procedure for 5 years and not feeling the benefits as I'd hope just brings me back to square one. I need help as to how to address this to him. I am usually not much of a talker and am afraid he won't really listen or take me seriously. Ideally I want a revision in a years time and I don't think I could pay for the second time. Has anyone had this experience, if so, how did you deal with it? Thanks for your comments in advace

I've uploaded a photo (s) in the light...

I've uploaded a photo (s) in the light grey/white-ish bra, and I would you to guess if it looks like a b4 or after shot. I will let you know after.

One week to go till I see mu PS...

One week to go till I see mu PS...

I tried on a sports bra F-cup hoping maybe it...

I tried on a sports bra F-cup hoping maybe it would fit and maybe I would be wrong. No luck :( it doesn't come close to even fitting me. I was spilling out all over! Worst feeling.

More than ever now I'm looking forward to see my PS.

Will keep you posted!

Hey ladies, So today I went to see my PS for my...

Hey ladies,

So today I went to see my PS for my "6 weeks" (will be officially 6 weeks next Tuesday) post-op.

He said it was healing is well. I have full sensation on one side and part sensation on the other side. I then mentioned my concern of still being too big and having a lot of tissue on the side. I told him that I could not fit into any other bra besides my original J-cup bra. He said my breast were higher up, but could only reason out the size issue to swelling. He said I should look to the fact that they are higher up and not mind the actual bra size.
Now that puzzles me when the whole point of having this procedure was because of a large bra cup-size. I mean, that was the first question I was asked at the consultation and now being told it's the lift that counts and not the size!!??
I started to feel really upset that I couldn't even speak properly. To me he is basically saying what I thought in the first place of having had a lift instead of a proper size reduction to my breast....I wished he looked at my case on an individual basis. He said the amount he removed was roughly a standard amount of breast reduction. That was even more upsetting!

I acknowledged the fact that it was still early and would wait for another 6 weeks, but I think most surgeons hide behind the "swelling". If by then I am still wearing J-cup bras I want him to lay out my options. This is not how I wanted things to turn out. I still think the surgery would be worth it if only it was done properly.

I will update next after my 3 month post visit to see him.

Oh and by the way, the last photos I uploaded with the whit bra, that is the after reduction shot. So now hopefully you see my point when I say I'm still big.

Thanks for reading xx

Here are photos of me on holiday. The bikini to...

Here are photos of me on holiday. The bikini to size is a 32DD. Although the 32-part was big. (a 30 would have been perfect, it somehow kind of fitted as the material was enough to cover the boobies. The other bikini I bought was bigger, so I guess it depends on the style. Normal bra size, I'm an E cup (at least that's what I've been wearing). As I said though, I soon forgot about about them and enjoyed the sunshine!! :-)
Dr Chantrasak

I thought he understood me, but I guess I was wrong. Staff have been very helpful, but I have yet to see him.

Thank you Tammika!

All the best to you with the healing and recovery.
Very happy for you ! Hoping that things continue to get better !
Hi tammika,

I'm still a big cup size (E), but now because they are lifted I can wear most clothes. I am a size 8 so I get lots of complements that my body looks good which makes me think my boobies look in proportion now. I still wish I was a D cup at least, but I will make the most of the situation for now.
I was on a holiday in the Caribbean not to long ago and only just managed to find a bikini that fits (esp. top). It felt a bit weird at first as I have never worn one before, but I warmed to it and the whole experience in the end.

I will be making a follow up to mark 4 months post op. Only thing is finding a cream the lighten the scars even more. I'm using bio-oil at the moment. Any suggestions are welcomed :-)

Thanks Tammika and all the best to you x
Has there been a difference? Any change?
Majenta, I'm so sorry to hear this honey. I hope and pray everything turns out the way you want in the future. If you need to vent please don't hesitate to reach out, you will be in my thoughts:)
Hi Nashville8112

It is frustrating especially when one has taken that big risk to have this life-changing procedure and there is not much difference. Worse when other people don't notice the difference which just confirms it. It gets me down just thinking I still have to wear those big bras again.
It's good that your PS will not charge. I think a revision should be free altogether cause I think it is the surgeons mistake for not understanding your needs/wants in the first place. But if it had to come to that for me too, I would pay the reduced fees to get the results I was hoping for in the first place being aware the risk is greater for a revision.
Waiting another 6 weeks will be a piece of cake. I do hope it goes better the next time around.

Thanks for the words of support.
Hi Majenta 123. Don't worry, you are not alone. My reduction was done in December 2011. The surgery went well with no complications. I was initially ecstatic with the results, but I still felt I was still too large. I thought I would give it time and see if the reduction in swelling would make any difference, but it did not. I had my 6 month post-op appt with my PS today and voiced my concerns. I was very hesitant to do so, since it is not in my nature, but I had to get over that and realize that this was not only a monetary investment, this was my body and my life. I would have rather risked upsetting my PS than being unhappy with my breast for the rest of my life. She was unbelievably supportive and assured me that all surgeons just want their patients to be happy.I told her the exact same thing you said "I feel like I have had a lift and not a reduction". We talked about the risks and the cost (no surgeon fee & small discount),and how the decision was ultimately up to me. I am thinking about scheduling my revision surgery in the summer, and am looking forward to having the results I initially hoped for. Remember, these are your breasts and this is your life, you have the right to voice your concerns/disappointments. I wish you lots of luck and hope everything works out how you want it.
Hi Nashville8112,

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I am so relieved that I am not alone and not overreacting. I knew I couldn't be thaaat small, but my results seem to be unsatisfactory especially when I still can't fit into any bra except my J-cup size. I was hoping to frame one and burn the rest! :-) Sharing your story gives me hope and since I will be seeing him tomorrow, I will tell him my concerns. I am aware he might say give it time, but like you, I think 6 months post-op is more than enough time for things to have settle down at least close to normal. I just hope he is as understanding as your surgeon and would not have to pay for the procedure again :-). What did the costs include? Just so that I have an idea if it turns out similar to you.
What was your initial size and what size did you go down to? I hope you do get the size you were hoping for. Good luck and please load photos of the new-new you! :-))

Thank you for the well wishes.
Will be posting how it goes tomorrow!!

x
Hello Majenta 123,

I am sorry your appointment did not go as well as expected. I do agree with you, when you said that some of the surgeons hide behind the "swelling" explanation. My Mother and my sister have both had this procedure done and both were noticeably smaller after surgery. Even at 6 months out, my friends and co-workers have stated that they cannot tell a difference. Yes, my breasts are nice and perky now, but that is not what I asked for. My initial size was a 38 DDD and I am now a 38 D. I too, can still wear my old bras and my clothes don't fit any different. As far as the cost, my original surgery was $7,000. This time around it will be $2,000. Granted it is more than I would have liked, but I am happy my PS is willing to do and not charge her surgeon fees. I am hopeful that your PS will come around once you get past the 3 month mark. Until then, focus on healing and staying strong.
Hi AppleWoo. Will be seeing my PS this Friday. Will keep you udated as to how it went.

How are you feeling now?Your surgery is quite near :)

Thank you! x
I'm doing ok, thank you. I'm a little nervous, but more excited about it. I'm ready, I know that much! Please do keep me informed on how it goes, I'm really hoping and praying for the best for you ;)
Hi Majenta, just checking up on you, wishing you the very best. Hopefully you've gotten a hold of your PS. Xx
I do hope for a revision, but it would be ideal if it is free cause that would be another 5yrs or so of saving up. Just hope my PS acknowledges it and not be defensive.
I once watched a video of someone who was an L-cup and the doc dropped her to a C/D-cup. And me being a J-cup, something close to that wouldn't have been impossible.

Thanks Jessie
It is not so easy to tell if it's before of after and with a procedure as significant as that, it should be.

Thanks for the encouragement. @Jessie, I need it :)
You are absolutely right, it should be a noticeable difference, especially when you expressed your desires for the outcome. I would definitely speak to the surgeon and if you feel like you are getting nowhere with him, then save up as much as you can and maybe seek out a new surgeon. Revision is not unheard of at all, many women do it and you deserve to be happy with your breasts, but don't give up on your first surgeon, go in there calmly and let him know your feelings. I'm going to pray for you darling on top of the positive energy!
Oh honey, my heart truly goes out to you because I know how big of a step this is to take. I would absolutely discuss revision with him and express all of your concerns, I will send some positive energy your way sister.
Hi Majenta, I would like to guess it's the BEFORE but I have a feeling it's the AFTER.
There is a difference in size but if you wanted a more substantial reduction then maybe you didn't get it.
I see that there is less spilling over in your top and bra in the AFTER picture but again if you were wanting to be alot smaller then, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I'm so sorry and I wish I could give you some really advice other then to speak to your PS and hopefully he can come up with some reasonable solution that would make you happy with the results.

Be strong and wishing you all the best. Take care and keep in touch.
They do feel quite dense as before. They pull from my neck which makes it click uncomfortably. I wanted it to change my life so bad and it upsets me that I can't say it has when I put all my hope to it. It not like I can say loosing weight would make much of a different as I'm not a big girl at all.

I hope he does something about about it as I still want my life back.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time with all of this.  Frustrating!!

When I look at your side view pictures of the before and after I can definitely tell a big difference.   They appear to be smaller and lifted.  Now if you are still having pain from the weight you do need to talk to the doctor about this.  The density of breast tissue is so different in each person.

Take a deep breath and when you go to speak with the doctor express your concerns calmly.  Ask his if there is anything he can do for you.

Keep us up to date on how everything is going.

Hi runrosie,

Thanks! My breasts extend way more to my armpits than before (uncomfortable) and my shirts/tops still fit the same way. I'd hoped they'd be a little looser :( I see what you saying, but still doesn't explain why my J-cup bras fit with no room whatsoever, hence I think it's more a lift and aereola reduction.
Hello Majenta, You look fantastic !!!!
There is HUGE difference in size between the before picture and the after picture. I don't know what your friend was seeing but it's not what I see. There is a definite reduction to your breasts, as an outsider I can see it more objectively then you can and others who are closer to you. You just need more time to embrace your new and wonderful look. You look great!

Take care of yourself. :o)
I don't know what to say about you being the same bra size and how your tops fit the same. I guess the next step is to talk to your doctor and see what he says and from there you can make a decision on what you should do next.
Good Luck!