Very dissapointed..

Hi! I got coolsculpting done on 14/5/12, and here...

Hi! I got coolsculpting done on 14/5/12, and here is my review:

~Background:
I am 5'4 and 9 stone (126lbs), and I have always had a pudgey stomach (see photos). I go to the gym and do cardio and weight training 4x a week and I have a fairly balanced and good diet.. however this pudge would just not go! Even when I lost a lot of weight and was down to 7stone (98lbs) I still had a small pudge.. so it has always really gotten to me and I decided enough is enough. I didn't want surgery and the complications/downtime so I researched a lot and coolsculpting seemed like a good option.

~Clinic and Price
I went to Cavendish Clinic, London, England. It usually costs £800 (about$1600??) but I got a discount and got it for £640 ($1280?). This was for the smaller applicator. The clinic was beautiful and the technician was very good.. her and her staff were very, very helpful and kind and made me feel a lot less nervous about the whole thing! Highly reccomended. I travelled for 3 hours to get to the clinic but I would say it was worth it and I'd go back.

~The treatment
So I lay down and got comfy, then the cold sheet was put on. Then the vacuum which I was really nervous about as I had read reviews on here about it hurting but.. to be honest.. it's fine. The cold sensation is obviously cold but I just basically counted down the minutes until 10 was up and by then I was numb. I knew the machine was there, and I'd say it was distracting, like, I couldn't do work and I tried to read a book but I couldn't concentrate.. but listening to music/reading crappy magazines/browsing facebook/closing my eyes and just relaxing was fine. It pinched my skin a bit at the bottom but honestly it was nothing terrible and it only lasts for an hour.
The worst part of the whole treatment, for me, was when she took it off. The fat kind of "thawed out" and MAN did that hurt! Imagine coming in from having a snowball fight then warming your hands by the fire.. it was that stinging sensation but 10x worse! And allover my stomach.. She gave me a towel to put over my stomach and I kept my hands on my ice cold skin and tried to massage it.. it seemed to help.. I was writhing in pain for about 5 minutes, then slowly.. very slowly.. the pain eased up and I couldn't feel anything anymore. The clinic was very good and the physician put on relaxing music and let me stay for as long as I needed afterward, especially as she knew I had a 3 hour train journey back home. Soon enough I felt fine and ready to leave. I left and went and got a subway because I was hungry! That's another thing.. I wouldn't do it on an empty/too full stomach. Sort of obvious but just thought I'd point it out.

~After-effects
I can honestly say my after-effects were not bad at all. I was numb for about 4 days, but apart from that, nothing. No bruising, pain, swelling.. nothing really. I didn't exercise straight after as I wanted to take it easy but I could have if I had really wanted to.

~Results
It has been 5 weeks and 4 days since I had the procedure done and I have lost 2 inches around my stomach! It was something I could feel more than see at first. Saying that, my stomach is by no means perfect, as it is still quite round. I think you have to stay realistic.. I didn't see results for the first month and I was beginning to get really disheartened but recently I have noticed it's not so big. I have taken photos but I'm not sure if you can really see a difference.. In the next couple of weeks I'll see how things go. I am already thinking about getting a second treatment on my stomach.. was abit upset that one treatment hasn't addressed the problem entirely but we'll have to see what it looks like in the next couple of weeks, as I know this isn't the final result yet!

I'll keep you updated!

Okay so I am now almost 8 weeks on and I am...

Okay so I am now almost 8 weeks on and I am starting to have doubts.. sometimes I really feel like I can see a difference but then other days I can't see any change at all. You know when you wake up in the morning and you're noticably thinner? It feels like that's what I have been noticing, and then throughout the day my stomach just goes back to normal as I eat etc. I think maybe my expectations were too high maybe.. I'm not sure..
Anyway, I have a second consultation booked for 21/8/12 so I'll update you then. I e-mailed her and she said I should see more reduction in the next month.. who knows.. I am seriously considering getting vaser lipo atm though, I am that dissapointed.. but then again maybe my expectations were too high.I may get the procedure done again in the same place. I was really hoping to get rid of the bulge first time round though! £1300 is a lot of money to spend :(

I had it done a second time on 3/8/2012. She took...

I had it done a second time on 3/8/2012. She took before and after photos and showed me and yes, there is a little change but it is really not sufficient for what I was hoping for. I got it done again on the day and even though it has only been a week or so I really wish I didn't get it done and saved my money now. Should have just gone straight for lipo. My measurments havn't changed at all. I wake up and think I look a lot smaller but if you look at the photos you'l see, it is simply because I havn't eaten during the night for 8+ hours =/ As soon as I have eaten breakfast my stomach goes back to how it looked before I got it done on 14/5/12!!
I have a consultation booked for lipo. It is £2500. I have spent £1300 on coolsculpting so far and really wish I had just saved my money and put it towards a procedure that has a definate fat loss outcome!
I have, however, had coolsculpting twice now, experience second time round was much the same as the first. So I will wait until November at least before I decide to go ahead with any lipo or whatever. But so far, I am really dissapointed and don't think I'll be seeing any noticable/worth it results in November. =/
Magdelena

Only thing is I havn't had any after care or follow-up, but saying that, it hasn't yet been two months since my treatment so we'll see if they get in touch soon. Apart from that, clinic was excellent, especially phone and email responsiveness as Jo the receptionist e-mailed me constantly about any questions I had, how to get there, everything. Very good and very impressed.

This is not an advertisement its just a really honest piece of advice which i would have been so grateful for. Go to Revere clinics, based on Harley Street. Dr Sach Mohan is honestly the most incredible dr. I initially went to him three years ago, he looked at my face and told me everything even my mother couldn't tell me about my lifestyle, about my age, about what i eat and even what side of the bed i lay my face. He has become an incredible part of my life, given me so much more confidence and the only person i would trust with any procedure. He now has two clinics based in london, one on Harley Street. As a photographer i've witness every procedure, the results are amazing and people are always overjoyed with Sachs work!! If you are considering anything for filler to lipo just take a look at revereclinics.com. Emma x
What did you end up deciding? Did you get lipo or did you finally see the results you wanted?
Still walking around with my little lump. Had one consult who wanted 4K! That was too much for me. I plan to get to other consults soon.
I definitely had a change but it took much longer than expected--about 9 months!
I'd be very happy except that I was left with a lump that I'm not sure what to do about.
I thought you looked a lot smaller 5 weeks after the first treatment but the pics one week after the second one reminded me of how swollen I got after my treatment. Maybe since you had been treated before you had more swelling since you were assaulting a part that got hit before???

My swelling only lasted a few weeks but it was pretty spectactular and when I looked at your photos that is what it looked like to me.

Hang in there and keep us posted.

Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I can definitely see a difference between the two pics above. Looking forward to seeing your updated pics!

I think it looks much smaller... and there's still more time left before effects should stop? Also, yours was a great & helpful review. Thanks.
I think for 5 weeks it is very noticable! Hope you continue to lose more inches!
Thankyou. I'm about to upload more pictures 11 weeks on and there is definatly more change :)
Can't wait!