Juvederm is Dangerous

Severe reaction in forehead after juvederm ultra 2...

Severe reaction in forehead after juvederm ultra 2 in glabella area.I have been on this site before and told juvederm cant migrate it cannot cause neurological symptoms.I have been in and out of hospitals now foe 8 months this stuff is in my eyes burning 24 hours a day so is my forehead and inside my head.

I have memory loss,vomiting,4 stone weight loss,no sleep in 8 months averaging 1 hour if lucky,no pain meds work,have feelings of continuous brain suffocation and squashing,fainting,personality change ,subdued,guttate psoriasis all over my body apparantly from a strepptococcus bacteria(juvederm is cross linked with strepptococcus equistrian bacteria)hair loss,incontinence,am so weak cannot climb flight of stairs,my 74 year old mother has to come and live with me am told by doctors as this is so rare they dont know how to treat it.Am slowly dying from this toxic sludge have been now told that filler has damaged nerves in my brain and face but they are not sure what part i know it is the frontal lobe as this is where most of the burning originates from have had psychiatric evaluation and they cannot explain and do not feel i need psychiatric help it so i am not crazy or imagining symptoms its easy to palm someone off as mental if no definate evidence is concrete.

I will or my family will get this out in the open as this suffering and pain should not be allowed no one deserves this it is a living hell.I cant believe this has not or there is no record of this happening anywhere in the world,this can and will happen to someone else,everyone is different and no two peoples compositions are alike i will push if i can for stringent skin tests to be done and this stuff should be illegal in the glabella.Thanks for reading jusy wanted to get my current symptoms across and how ill this stuff has made me.Allergan are now going to investigate my story.

No rating what so ever this man has ruined my life,i am disgusted that this was a reputable clinic and a supposedly qualified dermatologist who should have known what he was doing not slowly blinding people or causing severe problems still after 8 months this clinic was greedy for money and didnt care that they had not informed of potential side effects of injections in the glabella area.

Guyss please help mee....?? My life is in danger here i want to leave this country but i dont know how i get england visa ?? Help plesase ??
My life is in danger here....? Please me any budy..! I want to go london ?
How is everyone doing now?
Well It's still there. And still looks dreadful but short of an 8 thousand pound operation, there is nothing I can do. Consider on getting a loan but it's such a lot of money. On the other hand my confidence is really wrecked. Tough choice. How are you?
Also get katie pipers book on amazon. Her positivity in dealing with having your face damaged is amazing
I feel for you so much. Please contact Niall Kirkpatrick in London. He is brilliant
Hi all, I am having similar symptoms; I had Juvederm 1 vial injected in lips, corners of mouth and cheekbone 7 weeks ago and have gone back 3 times to get hyaluranidase dissolver injections and I feel worse everytime. I got Botox injection 9 days after the initial Juvederm injection. I have tiny little white bumps along the Juvederm line where the product is stillin my upper lip. I have constant burning, tugging, pulling, aching sensation in lips and around mouth. I have a hard time swallowing, talking, heart is racing. I feel nauseaous. I can barely eat and sleep. I have been getting BOTIX for 5 years with no adverse reactions and I have been getting Restylane injections in lips for 7 years with no bad reactions. The injecter decided (without even discussing with me) to use JUVEDERM ULTRA XC in my lips and the very next day I knew something was "wrong" and I called and asked to come back in to have it dissolved because it was so hard and painful. The rest is history that I am living with every minute of the day, I cannot concentrate, I am tired, headaches, jaw aches, eyes tired, shortness of breath, heart racing, and the burning sensation where there is still JUV in my upper lips is constant. I have gone to one MD who has no idea what is wrong and said to massage and put warm compress. I would not wish this on my worst enemy but I am GRATEFUL to have found all your posts because I am also going through a similar situation and until now, didn't even think to make any kind of connection (whether there is or not, who knows?) between the Juvederm and the Botox injections only 9 days apart, although my uncomfortable symptoms started with the Juvederm immediately. DAY 1: JUVEDERM ULTRA XC DAY 7: Hyaluranidase Dissolver #1 (45 units) DAY 9: Botox DAY 28: Hyaluranidase Dissolver #2 (45 units) DAY 37: Hyaluranidase Dissolver #3 (75 units) Since then it has been 10 days and I am still feeling burning, tugging, pulling, nausea, shortness of breath, jaw ache, and constant tightening of muscles in face and around mouth. I have a consult at a Plastic Surgeon next week to see if he knows anything-- but can anyone recvommend what KIND OF DOCTOR I should go see who may know something about any of this? I went to a Dermatologist last week who said just to massage and put warm compress. Lord help us all and I am praying for you all. -San Diego
Hi folks, i am sorry you are all going through this personal hell, i am also going through it :( its so scary but we must all focus of the fact time will heal even though at times it does not feel that way. I had botox early this year and had similar reaction, brain fog major anxiety , heart racing , muscle twitches,pain in the neck, throat, the effects wore off after 3 months of solid exercise , mediatiation and healthy diet, a lot of coconut oil and apple cider vinegar acupuncture , yoga and green juice. I did get better mentally but it was pur hell for a good 2 months. Anyways like a moron i had juverderm a month ago, thinking and been told it is so much safer than botox and i would have no reaction : ( i was ok till last 2 weeks i started to get dizzy, sore throat, join in joints bad muscle spasms, ears twitching, very similar to the botox hell . I went to the dr said i had fungal infection of the mouth and gave me meds but i know wht it is its the juverderm poison crap, im mad at myself for doing this. I will NEVER inject a thing into my body again not worth it, let me grow old and wrinkly id rate have my mental health and happiness then this everyday. I took colonapin.5 milligram with the botox reaction for around 2 months, i took it at night to sleep and it did help with the anxiety and muscle spasms for sure, i just stopped taking it last month and im going to start taking it again so i can get on with my life and not feel like the room is spinning and like a crazy person. Id nt want to add my crap into my body but i have to work and live i can not be a hermit so colonapin it is for now. These feelings are so similar to the botox . If you can do aerobic exercise daily it will speed up the metabolism and get the hell fille rout of your body quicker and keep the brain fresh with nice oxygen so you dont feel so foggy, drink lots of green juices, kale , spinach, eat lots of garlic and ginger and spices to keep the immune system strong. Our bodies are fighting a poison and we need all the help we can get to get it out quicker. Im worried this will take a lot longer than the botox as filler lasts longer :( i refuse to let this ruin my life and will do all i can to get rid of it in my system. I always wonder how many people have filler and get anxiety and weird pains and never put the 2 and 2 together and are trying to figure out wht is wrong with them? I know a lot of ppl who have filler and botox and are on meds for anxiety and depression and ask them do you think its the fillers etc and they say no cos the dr said its safe, not true ! as we know. Anyways im rambling , but im glad i found this site and i know you will all get better it will just take a little time and lifestyle changes, changing your diet and exercise will really help a lot , u know cos i did it and now im having to go through it again because I'm foolish :( but its done now and we must all think positive and get through this and we must make other people aware of the dangers. Also there is a book called The Power of Your subconscious Mins- by Joseph murphy , everyone going through this should read it : ) helps you realize it will all be ok. Sending lots of love and healing prayers to everyone going through this :) xo You are not going crazy its a poison that will leave our body in time , speed it up with diet and exercise and lets move on and forget this horrible time. Hayley xo

HI I had Botox and then Juvederm almost two months ago I was going to travel home and I wanted to look good when my family saw me but ever since having these two procedures I am as sick as a dog, I have night sweats,my lips have many lumps in them, I have migraines,I'm dizzy,my lips are tingling,I have lost weight and I can't go home! I am so un happy and concerned and want this to all go away I have had it done twice before and was fine this time I went to a different Doctor, I an juicing ,drinking green tea and was on Antibiotics because my gum became swollen and infected.I hope this will pass soon.

Hi everyone. I am starting to wonder if my botox and juv have contributed to my horrible issues that I have now been suffering for 4 months. I first had botox and juv back in nov 2012, then i wanted more juvaderm and had second injection again in nasal folds and lip area. a couple days later i woke up to a humming sound in my right ear, constant dizziness, fullness and pressure in my right ear and right side of head, migraines, sinus issues that would feel like infection but there is no infection, jaw pain. i can even hear myself blink. Now this may be due to some ear issue that i am still trying to figure out but i find it strange to wake up to this after that second injection. I also have memory fog, tired all the time and i was laid up in bed for the first 2 months unable to take care of myself or my children. it was that bad. I still feel bad, but my dizziness seems like it may be getting better. I am on a bunch of medication now to deal with this and have seen many specialist. I am actually traveling all the way to Johns Hopkins to see someone about my ear issue. I have done CT scans, MRI's, and all sorts of tests. Again, this may be something totally different but it seemed to happen over night and is still with me today, 4 months later. ug.
I spoke to a pharmacist at Midicis Aesthetics about Restylane and Restylane-L.The only diff is the L contains Lidocaine. The ingredients are: Hyaluronic acid is generated by Strep bacteria (Restylane contains gram positive bacterial proteins) NOTE: "Hyaluronan (also called hyaluronic acid or hyaluronate or HA) is an anionic, nonsulfated glycosaminoglycan distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial, and neural tissues. It is unique among glycosaminoglycans in that it is nonsulfated, forms in the plasma membrane instead of the Golgi, and can be very large, with its molecular weight often reaching the millions.[2] One of the chief components of the extracellular matrix, hyaluronan contributes significantly to cell proliferation and migration, and may also be involved in the progression of some malignant tumors. The average 70 kg (154 lbs) person has roughly 15 grams of hyaluronan in the body, one-third of which is turned over (degraded and synthesized) every day.[3] Hyaluronic acid is also a component of the group A streptococcal extracellular capsule,[4] and is believed to play a role in virulence.[5][6]" Wiki *The Restylane L contains saline and lidocaine. Both products have the same adverse reactions, or as Medicis calls the reaction, allergic or hypersensitivity reactions, which are nausea and vomiting and headaches, and anaphylaxis (the only reactions that they state as know and expected). So basically what we are likely reacting to is either the Lidocaine or the Strep bacteria proteins, bcuz Hyaluronic acid is found in the body. The definition of a hypersensitivy reaction, which it is specified as the nausea, headaches, vomiting, according to Medicis/Restylane is: Reaction produced by the immune system, which includes allergies AND autoimmunity. It requires a pre-sensitized (immune) state of the host - So I am guessing this means since I had nausea right away with the injection, I was exposed in the past to one of the ingredients and was allergic to it before the injection, (Bacteria or lidocaine), OR that is what they want us to think...What if it causes an autoimmune disease, like gluten causes celiac disease? Consider getting allergy & antibody testing done for the gram positive strep bacteria and maybe lidocaine. FURTHER RESEARCH: The Hyauluronic Acid is chemically modified with unknown added ingredient-CHEMICAL SENSITIVIES? "Native hyaluronan has a relatively short half-life (shown in rabbits) so various manufacturing techniques have been deployed to extend the length of the chain and stabilise the molecule for its use in medical applications. The introduction of protein based cross-links, the introduction of free-radical scavenging molecules such as sorbitol [found in fruits], and minimal stabilisation of the HA chains through chemical agents [!!!] e.g. NASHA stabilisation are all techniques that have been used. Research Due to its high biocompatibility and its common presence in the extracellular matrix of tissues, hyaluronan is gaining popularity as a biomaterial scaffold in tissue engineering research. In particular, a number of research groups have found hyaluronan's properties for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine are significantly improved with crosslinking, producing a hydrogel. This added feature allows a researcher to form a desired shape, as well as to deliver therapeutic molecules, into a host. Hyaluronan can be crosslinked by attaching thiols (trade names: Extracel, HyStem), methacrylates, [PLASTICS] and tyramines (trade name: Corgel) [Tyramine intake has also been associated with MIGRAINE] Hyaluronan can also be crosslinked directly with formaldehyde [POISON] (trade name: Hylan-A) or with divinylsulfone (trade name: Hylan-B) [SYNTHETIC RUBBER]" Wiki
Hi, review this FDA document regarding antibody testing (even tho it is for Restylane) PAGE 18/131: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/MedicalDevices/MedicalDevicesAdvisoryCommittee/GeneralandPlasticSurgeryDevicesPanel/UCM252491.pdf
Hi MBAgirl,I hope you have not had a bad reaction from a filler.Thank you so much for kindly posting all this useful information,it is so helpful to actually read that this stuff is just made up from a load of dangerous chemicals.How dare the FDA pass this junk and say its safe for human injection.Just to read it all here in black and white makes me quite scared that this is in my body,no wonder I had such an adverse reaction as have many people on here have.That fact I wasn't aware that juvederm is not indicated for the glabella area makes me angry I was I'll informed,that the practitioner failed to bring this to my attention just because he was greedy for money,not even considering the complications that could arise from this placement of the filler.Thank you so much,kx.
Thanks Katie :-) I hope u get to feeling better. Have u tried high doses of allergy med like Allegra? I called and asked Restylane what they use for a crosslink to Hyaluronic acid to make it a hydrogel and they say it is crosslinked with BDDE (Epoxy & Ether!) IF one wanted to get tested for allergy testing to this chemical via patch testing, the doc would test using epoxy. You may want to be tested for allergy to strep bacteria and whatever the crosslink is in Juvaderm. You can find online who the pharmaceutical company is for Juvaderm and ask what the crosslink to Hyalunronic acid is. If you are allergic, it is a start to get to feeling better.
Hi MBAgirl,yes I would have tried any tests,as I have had so many,yet none of the Doctors attempted to do any kind of allergy testing saying it wouldn't show anything even after a few weeks,I begged them to do a skin biopsy when I developed the psoriatic type rash all over my body,they kept delaying and by the time they agreed the rash was gone.It seems you have done lots of research MBAgirl,have any of the people you have talked to said if the bad effects of this will last.I guess that's the only thing I hold onto,that this will eventually metabolise,and I will heal from this.No one has any answers,that's the scariest thing,not knowing if this reaction will ever wear off.I think I was allergic to the whole composition of juvederm,I had a reaction everywhere this was injected so my system didn't like it.I wouldn't touch this stuff ever,even if Allergan paid me,I think if I wasn't as healthy as I was,I wouldnt have made it,I know that,it made me so sick,even now I don't know if I will get through this,I've just got to try and set myself on finding answers and like you say,getting information on the chemicals involved,at least I know what I'm dealing with,I just don't understand how they can put this stuff in fillers and lie and say its safe,how are they natural,they are evil,kx.
Hi Katie/everyone else, are things getting better at all? is your hair growing back or do you think it's permanently gone? I had this garbage injected in my forehead (1/2 a vile) and it's causing hair loss among other things.. It has been 6 months and it appears to be getting worse. how much longer am I stuck in this hell?
Hi Chad987,I'm so sorry you are experiencing hair loss,I too have that still,plus the vision and hearing loss,plus the dementia fog hell.Im so physically exhausted I can't even function properly now.Its been coming up to 16 months for me of pure hell and nothing is working as of yet.I am still taking the herbal medications,plus a thyroid hormone to try to regulate my system even though I have not had a recent test showing positive for thyroidism.Did you have juvederm,I can't believe this stuff is available still on the market,God knows what the long term effects are of this stuff.Please let us know how you are getting on,I don't post much on here as I get so depressed that I'm still trapped in hell,I just want my life back and to not be burning,or suffocating.Please keep posting,best wishes,kx.
I'm curious to how much you had injected and if your symptoms were instant, or rather came when it started to disolve several months later. For me, I was fine until around the 5 month mark when it started to disolve. My skin in my entire head has become pasty and flaky as my body tries to remove it. Now I'm starting to get ringing in the ears, headaches and strange delusional thoughts and even stranger dreams, I assume things are about to get worse... I've done many drugs in my life and nothing compares to this. It's more dangerous than cocaine or heroine if you ask me. I cannot believe this stuff is legal. I wonder if they FDA even tested it, or they were just payed off. I'm now at 6 1/2 months and there is still a lump in my forehead that has not disolved. Would you recmommend getting it disolved with hyaluronidase or did that make things worse? Thank you for replying so quickly!
forgot to mention. Have you tried juicing fruits and vegetables at all? I'm starting to do that a lot. It's the best way to alkalize the body from what I read and since juvederm is basically pure acid it can only help! look up guys like Dan McDonald, and Robert Morse on youtube. they are masters of natural healing. Maybe they can help you. I think alkalizing the body is the only way to fight this garbage. I dont trust anything medical doctors say or do anymore.
Hi Chad987,thanks for your info on the juicing I will definitely look that up,yes I too totally believe this stuff is so dangerous how the hell it's been passed is beyond me,Allergan could not tell me that they had any test papers for juvederm in the glabella,that scared me,as they've probably only tested it on lab rats and not human subjects.I think we are all experiments for these drugs and chemicals,they have to test it on someone.I got very sick after the hyaluronidase,it was administered 7 weeks after the juvederm.Thats when the severe 24 hour burning started,that was horrendous.I didn't even have any real visible lumps just one either side of my eyes.When you think that hyaluronidase contains thieremosol a derivative of mercury which can get into the brain,that's bad.This was done as a precautionary measure just to see if it would alleviate any of the symptoms,but it didn't it just made everything worse.I have been seeing a herbalist now for a few months I found her by chance as I was looking at natural herbs that could get into the brain and detoxify it,I found a herb and then a practitioner in Scotland who had great success using it,he has a daughter who funnily enough was visiting him when I emailed my story to her father,she wanted to help as she couldn't believe I had been so sick for so long,so I went to see her about an hour from where I live,she is doing all she can to help,even consulting with a Doctor in America that is quite well known,if I remember his name I will post it on here.She makes a tonic that tastes like something out of the bottom of a rats cage,not that I truly know what that tastes like,but it's something that's close to being that foul,but after not sleeping for a year,just the usual 1-2 hours a night I finally slept,and touch wood have only had 4 nights in about 3 months where I had the agitated state of insomnia return.I also looked up using bicarbonate of soda and maple syrup that is being used to treat cancer,as an Italian doctor,states all cancer is acid.So I have a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in the tonic,it is supose to pass freely across the blood brain barrier to neutralize acid cells. My symptoms started that night after the injections,with severe burning on the cheeks and nasial label folds.Then 4 days later the heavy head,flu like symptoms,then the memory loss,severe sickness,then the insomnia then the blurred vision.It just got worse after that with the vomiting,diahorea,weight loss,hair loss.Ive never taken drugs,smoked or drank,but this feels like a trip into hell,like my brain is poisoned,this stuff makes me drowsy like I have been drugged,it's hijacked my brain.The feelings of severe depression hit me at different points of the day,and the suicidal thoughts are just plain crazy and so totally out of character for me,it's like waves of nausea,then the depression,then the crazy kill yourself thoughts,then the drowsiness,then the total desiquilibrium,then the ive been drugged feelings where I can't concentrate and slurr my words.I pray that you do not get to experience any of these symptoms,for me it was a gradual decline,I would say the first 5 months I deteriorated quite rapidly,every step of the way I felt this stuff pass into my blood into my brain,as crazy as that sounds that is the only way I can tell you,just feeling the acid circulating like a poison in the blood around my brain,patches of burning moving around different parts,several doctors here in England informed botox can get into the brain if injected incorrectly so why can't juvederm.Juvederm is highly lipid so can be easily transported into the bloodstream into areas of high fat content,like I.e the brain.The blood brain barrier apparantly does not keep all toxic substances out,anything lipophilic in composition can enter.No two peoples barriers are the same,so what might be ok for one does not necessarily mean it is ok for the other,everyone's composition is different,I think when these chemicals are tested they are just based on general compositioning,they do not take into account genetics,age,past illnesses etc. Please keep us informed of how you are doing and if things keep changing,if want to ask anything I will gladly tell you all the symptoms I have,and ones that have changed or stayed the same,I will also post any information I have on treatments I might try or if anything changes with the herbal route.I have thrown out all the sleeping tablets,antidepressants and painkillers my gp threw at me just to shut me up.None of It worked it just made the burning worse,I think I'm so sensitive now that even paracetamol makes me feel drugged.I hope this is biodegradable wether from the brain or body,I just wan to feel well again,happy,to enjoy life,not be locked in this hell of daily brain dysfunction.I am thinking of you all and hope you don't continue to suffer,it's a lonely journey,but sights like these are a Godsend when you feel like giving up.Hold on in there and talk anytime you want,I'm here for the long haul,it's already been too long,I hope it won't be too much longer,all the best kx.
Sorry forgot to mention I had 1 syringe of juvederm ultra 2 in the glabella,around eyes,and around lips which was 0.55 ml,and 1 syringe of juvederm ultra 4 in the cheeks,nlf lines which was 0.8 ml,the dermatologist put approximately half of the 0.55 ml into the glabella area,and in the frown muscle next to it,thanks,kx.
I think I'll hold off on the hyaluronidase and let this stuff disolve naturally. I've made it 6 months without it, what's another few months (Crosses fingers)... Don't want to risk making my health even worse. One thing I've noticed. just when i think it's starting to disolve, it puffs back up again. It seems to react to certain types of foods. I hate this stuff!
Hi Chad,how are you.Yes I agree I think this stuff reactivated even with hormonones,I would love to get a vial of it and have it analysed just to see what it contains you can actually buy the stuff off the internet.I know it contains bdde which is a pretty horrible chemical,but yet passed in fillers.My hair still comes out in clumps especially when I wash it,it's so thin now.My hair use to be so thick and healthy.My teeth have also thinned and cracked,my dentist even asked if I had too much acid in my diet as he said my teeth looked transparent.Why the hell did I do this,why is this stuff allowed to be used in the forehead and between the eyes,it's not even FDA approved for this,but the injector doesn't tell you this,they just want our money. I think we are just experiments for these chemicals,which is evil,I pray this does metabolise as Allergan says,I can't stay in this burning dementia state forever it's not living,it's existing.I really didn't think I would make it to Christmas this year,I am grateful I am still here,but it's hell,I miss my clear head just waking up happy,now I dread the mornings,thinking here we go another day in hell,and you are on your own. I wouldn't put this stuff near me even if I were paid millions,I would rather shoot myself in the foot. I hope you are not going through too much Chad and things pick up for you,I will keep you posted on what's happening,take care kx.

hi katie and chad please email me on ******@aol.com iam going through the samethi g please email mee

hi katie and chad please email me on ******@aol.com