3 weeks PO. Not bad for a 52 year old. After 5 pregnancies and 4 vertical c sections

Hi everyone! Well I am 13 days from having my full...

Hi everyone! Well I am 13 days from having my full tummy tuck with lipo to flanks and outer thighs. I have wanted this for a very long time. Money was a big consideration. When you are a mom and wife it's hard to justify spending that much money on oneself. I am 52. I have 4 children all delivered through vertical c-section. My incision is about 13 inches long and I have always said "I hope my husband is a butt man because I have one in the front and one in the back" I am also going through menopause in the past I have always carried my weight in hips and thighs. Pear shaped. For the past few years I am now carrying some in the stomach area. Ugh!! Which has made my mounds on each side of my incision larger and noticeable in some tops. I haven't told very many people about the surgery because the ones I have told really judged me. Not in a nice way.
I'm terrified that things will not go well. These feelings just started as I am coming within 2 weeks of the date. I have ibs with bloating and severe constipation. So pain killers are a concern. I also do not do well on them. Itching, nausea, and vomiting. I also have 4 Doberman pinchers big love able dogs. 1 loves to jump on me. Yikes!
One of my sons has autism. He is on the severe end of the spectrum. He doesn't have much language and will never be able to live on his own. He is our sunshine! He loves to cuddle and give BIG hugs. He is 19, 6'3" and 278lbs. I just don't know how much he will understand when we tell him mom has a big booboo. I guess I am also afraid I am being to vain having this because if anything went wrong I worry about my Ben
I already had my pre-op it went well. I will be staying in the hospital for 1 night. My ps did not tell me anything to get for home after surgery. I was so nervous that I forgot to ask. So any help with that would be great. I also live in a colonial style house worried about stairs.
When I found this sight I was obsessed reading all of your stories. They have been so helpful and have made me feel somewhat better. It is nice to be able to communicate with people going thru through the same thing. You all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Wishing all of you the best
PS I am awful with technology. I will see if one of my kids can help me post some pictures. Or if someone could direct me on how this is done it would be appreciated . This will be somewhat of a nightmare for me because my stomach is something that I have always tried to keep hidden even from my husband.

Well thanks to some of the fab people on this...

Well thanks to some of the fab people on this sight I was finally able to post pictures with their guidance. I can't believe how hard it was though to actually post the pictures once I learned how. I guess I fell so ashamed of my front butt!! It is a result of 5 pregnancies 4 with vertical c - sections. I also had an average weight gain of 71 lbs with each birth and I am only 5'2". I was always able to get the weight off afterwards though. My doctor said it was just my body. I did not really over eat. I have had this front butt now for 29 years. I am older than a lot of you starting this tummy tuck journey at 52. I really have had a emotional year last year as I went through menopause. It is so much harder to maintain or lose weight as you age. I was spending 21/2 hours 4 -5 times a week in the gym. It was so depressing looking in the mirror. I did feel guilty looking into the tummy tuck because of the cost. As some of you know my 19 year old son has severe autism and will never be able to live on his own or take. Are of himself. So I tend to think in " Ben" dollars. My husband was awesome and told me to go for it. I have hid this tummy from friends and family and even my hubby for years. Thanks to all of you for giving me the confidence to post these pictures. I am 17 days post op and will take some pictures to post. I have been in constant swell hell but would like your opinions. I can't tell the difference to any of my lipo areas but I know that takes time. I do love my cute itty bitty belly button!

Well to day I am 3 weeks PO. I have a check up...

Well to day I am 3 weeks PO. I have a check up this afternoon. I think I am healing nicely. I wish I would have done this 20 years ago when I was in my 30's. I still have a to of swelling. Doesn't look as bad from the front but you can tell from a side view. I still have a lot of scabs on my incision so I haven't been able to start scar therapy. I am very pleased with how my belly button looks right know. Funny it was one of my biggest concerns. I have seen some pretty awful ones in some of PS before and after books. Biggest concern now to be honest is my diet. I have been eating so much crap. I think it is out of boredom. I will update this afternoon after my appointment. Into the shower now which has become the highlight of my day

Omg! I am afraid I am going to weigh 600 lbs...

Omg! I am afraid I am going to weigh 600 lbs before this healing is over. I was hoping to be able to start with some kind of workout. But I had my 3 week PO appointment Wed. And doctor said I have a seroma near my incision line. He doesn't want me to do anything until he sees me in 2 weeks to check on it. He said he only wanted me to walk. But he said he does not want me on a treadmill yet. Great I live in Michigan and it is cold here. Oh well I guess I will have to mall walk. Lol. Enough complaining. I do hope the seroma goes away on its own. Don't like needles. On a happier note I do Love my new BB and my incision line looks good. Check out my 3 week pictures and tell me what you think. Unfortunately I have been in constant swell hell. My Iratiable bowel syndrome with constipation has not helped in this area. Ladies have a wonderful day
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

He was my 4th consultation. It was very hard to choose between 2 of the doctors. But in the end he was the 1. He made me comfortable

Hey girl! Check out my latest pic with my street clothes on. I couldn't help but think about you. How are you doing?
Girl, you look great!! Not sure why your pics are upside down but I was able to see them still! Happy healing!!
hey punkpeach! don't feel bad about not working out; I'm healing pretty well but my doc still said no to even walking. i see him Monday for my 4 week and I'm hoping walking will be ok then. how's everything else?! did your kids take back what they said about you not looking different yet?? you look amazing!
You look amazing!!!!
you look great!
lookin good, lady!
you look fabulous gurl
you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
WOW-what an amazing transformation! You must be thrilled! And your BB looks great too. Mine still looks like someone stuck a big wad of Silly Putty in it.
I did not really think about a TT until the last year or so. With getting older my confidence is soaring and my body needs to keep up. I plan on enjoying my new tummy for the next 50 years!
PP-I think it's too bad so many of us had to wait util 48, 49. 50+ to have this done. Those pics you posted? Soon, you will look at them and not even believe it was once you. Can't wait to see the others!
I'm really happy that you decided to do this for yourself. You will feel so much better about yourself and a happy mommy is a good mommy. I was thinking you could get pictures of a person wrapped in a bandage and a thermometer or medicine, or a picture with a bandaid and a tummy and a tired face with a picture of yourself on that date on the calendar... to explain you will be hurting during this time so he can have a slight understanding what to expect and the time of the recovery?? I know my son as I'm sure you know lots of kids non verbal are able to be verbal through images...I'm so happy for you and keep us updated you will be great!
I am so much waiting for your results!!!, Wish you all the best
I am scheduled for 11-9, I am 48 years old. I guess not everyone is a 20-30 year old on this site. I still need to post pictures. Reality is closing in, glad I have a million things going on in the next 13 days!
Great!!!! Now let's see the after with no butt!!!! I bet you look awesome now! :)
Oh, btw....I called mine a 2nd vagina when bent over, lol!!! Yaaaay! We can use past tense now.
When is your surgery? Hope it goes well! It will be worth it - you are always a Mom and you still will be. its okay to do something for you if you can afford it. Your dogs and son will be fine!!
punkpeach, when you go to update your blog at the bottom there is an option to add pics. no one on this site really wants to show the world what we've clearly tried so hard to hide! also no one is going to judge! just love and help so no worries! :)
punkpeach, post pics and maybe post pics and your question/concerns in the question forum for other docs to answer. that's the really nice thing about this site!
Tomorrow is your BIG DAY.....how are you doing?
Trying to keep really busy today. I actually feel a little better. Thank you for thinking about me. Besides my husband this site with all you wonderful ladies is my only support. My mom lives hours away and my sister and best friend think I am being ridiculous for wanting this. So it has been an emotional ride
I so get that. I haven't wanted to tell anyone because of the responses I know I will get. This site has been a wonderful outlet for me. Glad to hear that it has been helpful to you as well. Keep me updated on how you are doing. Take care!