The Self-worth & Confidence I Gained Just CAN'T Be Put into Words! - Livingston, NJ

Motivation: I was a 34A cup with a wider bottom...

Motivation: I was a 34A cup with a wider bottom "half." My body type stats: 5'6"/130lbs at time of surgery/ size 6 pants. I ALWAYS felt self conscious about my body and it deterred me from even being sexually active at times. I hated swimsuit season, and hid in my clothes because I was so ashamed, felt worthless about what I looked like. Serious confidence issues.

Outcome: Sheer perfection (for me.) I went from 34A to 34D, and my breasts are natural looking under clothes, as well as proportionate to my body. Before you assume that this is a HUGE cup size increase, realize that I had enough "fatty tissue" that when my breasts finally settled, they look damn near natural (and I feel like that's not always the case with this type of surgery.) Also, my surgery was via my nipples: the bottom halves were sliced and the (saline) implant was inserted. The scarring of my nipples is so minimal that I don't even notice it anymore. If this is going to be your route, use neosporin and scar reducing ointments for 6 months to a year. You'll have a scar no matter what, but minimizing it is possible. FYI: I did NOT lose sensation in my nipples. They are actually more sensitive now, which is kind of nice.

This changed my life...: Not only am I more self confident in my appearance, I feel more capable, less judged, more beautiful and sexy. I enjoy sharing my body with my fiance, as before I never fooled around WITHOUT the lights off, because I was so ashamed. I'm not embarrassed to be in a swimsuit. I like shopping for clothes. This surgery actually made me MORE modest than I was before, because I realize I finally have what I always dreamed of, and envied on other people -- it makes me feel like my breasts are this treasure chest (pun intended) that should be shared with only myself and my sexual partner (the special people.) I don't flaunt them, very rarely wear cleavage revealing shirts, etc. Of course the first few weeks after healing, I loved to show them off, but eventually they became normal to me and I put them "away." I also share this experience with friends who are interested in breast augmentation, and I stress to them that this really, REALLY was the best purchase I have EVER made.

Personal goals: This also ties into what I wished I knew before the surgery -- breast augmentation is an enhancement. It's not the end-all-be-all of your journey to positive body image and self confidence. Does it help tremendously? Hell yes. However, I've realized that this surgery, combined with a lifestyle change (eating healthy, exercising, spiritual stimulation and expansion, education, etc.) have COLLECTIVELY made me who I am today. If you're considering this surgery, congratulations, because this is the first step. It's not the last though. And I stress, don't get addicted to the "fast fixes." Remember, these are in fact enhancements: additions to the vital life changes/habits you should seek regardless of surgery.

Newark Plastic Surgeon

When I began the research process, I read profile after profile and biography after biography of countless plastic surgeons. Dr. Fodero has great accreditations and was close by to where I lived in New Jersey. As far as the 4/5 stars for bedside manner -- you've got to be from New Jersey or have visited the state to understand the following statement: Dr. Fodero, like many, many other people in the Tri-State area, was blunt and to the point. He didn't instill in me a false hope, he was realistic and practical, and made the right decisions for my body (that complemented my desire of the end result.) And the 4/5 stars for time spent -- my consultation wasn't an all day affair, however it WAS enough time for me to ask questions, look through his before and after books, and get an idea of who he was. That was enough for me -- I knew I wanted this procedure done, and I knew he was capable of precision, safety and beautiful results.

Thank you for sharing! Great story to read for those of us still waiting to have the surgery.
I like how happy it made you feel but that you consider it but a step: i FULLY AGREE!
AH FANTASTIC STORY INDEED!

Fantastic review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

You look great. I will be getting this done also very soon. I am your same height and sounds like same build. I was wondering how many "CCs" your implants were as I would also like to be around a D cup.
hi bananafan, I believe the CC amount was 425.
Wow, very positive last paragraph! I really appreciate your review, and we're very similarly built so that's encouraging! Your results look great!