Neck Lipo - Littleton, CO

After a lifetime of having a fat neck and looking...

After a lifetime of having a fat neck and looking older than my years, I decided it was time to look into surgery. I found Dr Slenkovich online and went in for a consultation. From the moment I walked in, the staff made me feel very comfortable, and I found Dr. Slenkovich friendly and knowledgeable. I was given a packet of information about what to expect before, during, and after the procedure, and I knew I had been well prepared. The day of my procedure, the environment was light and relaxed, and I felt quite at ease before I went into surgery. When I was home resting and healing, I got a phone call from the office to see how I was doing, and if I had any questions or concerns. Now, I look my age and I believe having the surgery at Dr. Slenkovich's office was one of the best decisions I've made for myself.

A little about the pain

The pain wasn't unbearable, just really uncomfortable for a few days to a week, then progressively better. I found out after my procedure just how much we use our necks for everyday activities, like sitting up, eating and drinking, etc. I think the worst part for me was the bandage they made me wear for a couple of days immediately after; it made me feel like I couldn't breathe, and I considered taking it off early (glad I didn't!). I spent several days doing nothing but going from bed to a light walk around the house then back to bed. The pain medications and antibiotics I was on made me sleep most of the day, and the worst of it just flew by!

It hurt pretty badly when I took the bandage off, but as soon as I put on the compression garment it felt better. I bruised a little on my neck and a LOT on my chest, though I'm not sure why my chest bruised. The edge of the compression garment made a little impression on my mid-neck (see pic 2), but I just had to add some foam and gauze pads, and it evened out after a couple of weeks as the swelling went down.

Even though I'm over a year out, it feels tight when I'm dehydrated, but that doesn't really bother me because now my neck looks like it should!
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us! It's great to get to share a story from someone who is a year or more post-op.

How did you find the procedure and recovery? Did you have much pain or downtime?

Your neck looks great!!! I had my neck done last week and I'm pleased and amazed...