Lithuania for Rhinoplasty Countdown - Lithuania

Quick update , I will write more tomorrow. I...

Quick update , I will write more tomorrow.

I have a hooked type nose , also front is wide. I have a deviated septum aswell. This will be mainly cosmetic surgery. I will be flying from Canada to Lithuania for Rhinoplasty. Nobody knows of this except myself. I will be in Lithuania for 10 days and will return to Canada.

Here is the pics so far as what I would like to be done. What do you all think?

I used to do the exact same thing with my finger on my nose! I hope all goes well for you. Make sure your surgeon is board certified to do rhinoplasty in Lithuania.

Please keep us posted!

im not sure if you can go on an airplane so quickly after surgery.. the pressure is heavy and thats not good for your nose.
I was wondering too why would you want to have the surgery in Lithuania? I am sure there are many good surgeons in Canada.

Patiently Waiting.

Well... I have been doing research on good ways to heal bruising and I discovered that a Icepack with Frozen peas would be a excellent choice rather than ice cubes so I guess that is on my list aswell as V pillow to keep my head up. I also seen this thing which I might get I can find it ...

what do you think ? hmm Anyway , I also purchased some Arnica cream but today I was wondering if they would let me travel with that in my hand carry? I might just return it if thats the case so I can buy it when I reach to my destination.

I read that Arnica is not the best healing agent for bruises so I am finding other things to reduce bruising and rid of it as fast as possible.
Are plastic surgeons in Lithuania good? Why not just go to Lebanon if you're going to Europe?
Are PS good in Lebanon?
Beirut is a hot spot for elective surgeries. Some surgeons went to school and were trained in the US or Canada.

14 days left

Days are getting closer. I am just avoiding any fish oils or any other type blood thinners in advanced so I have a smooth recovery.

I have been going to the gym and I think I need to go as much as I can before I go to this surgery as I will not be able to have a good workout month or so after my surgery.

Am thinking of just asking the Doc for a closed rhinoplasty now , am a bit nervous about open rhinoplasty due to few reasons , one of them incision. My skin is sensitive like really for a guy it is and every small scar shows I would rather not have one on my nose . I am tall aswell so shorter people will be able to notice it .

Another reason is healing time is a risk factor. I will be going back to school a month after sugary and do not wish to have too much swelling or bruising.

Dr said he needs to correct my nose tip , dorsum correction , nose axis correction and septum deviation. I guess one of them will cancel out of I tell him to go closed ?
Best of luck! Hope you get what you are trying to achieve. Regarding ice, 2 small baggies of dry beans or dry split peas works best. You can set them on your face and they won't be too heavy. They are also cold, but not painfully too cold. After splints are out you can do heat by microwaving rice in a handkerchief for 1 minute. Hope this helps. The relief is so important. Arnica cream doesn't really work. You can do a poultice of the herb, warm water soaked arnica tied off in a cloth. (I'm hard core into herbs, so I keep it around for bruises.) I took arnica sublingual pills, bromelian, and ate pineapple and drank pineapple juice. My eyes swelled shut from a 6 hour surgery, but I recovered quick. My doc also put me on prednisone steroid for swelling. Don't take herbs and meds at the same time. Take meds first, wait a couple hours, then do the herbs. Sir, I don't envy you that return flight. I hop you sleep the whole time!
Sorry - was going also to say that I agree the change in the bridge is subtle but also very nice unless you want a bit more slope. I had rhinoplasty and there was a huge change in my profile because I had a hump removed. Yet most people including my own family could not tell I had surgery. So I wouldn't worry about people not noticing the change. Results of good cosmetic surgery should enhance your looks. Good luck!
ITs okay and thanks for the motivation and honesty. Yes I really hope noooooobody notices.

2 days Pre-op

Nothing much to write about pre- surgery , only the fact that I arrived 2 days before from Canada. It was a long flight , plane ride was 10 hours + stop over and airport time 4 hours + taking bus from Aiport in Lithuania to the main city where Guest house was. Pretty much I was up for 24 hours and was exhausted carrying a slightly heavy hand carry bag throughout the day oh my what a day , checked in the guesthouse and slept right away!!!

The language barrier was a slight issue. I should have purchased a translator but its okay because I took pictures of the addresses I needed to go with my phone and showed it to whoever I needed to get help from at the airport security,taxi , bus stations , etc.

Havent had a conversation with anyone here since I arrived for 2 days and nobody wants to have one because they know the english will be a barrier.

1 Day Pre- op

I went to the supermarket which was a 15 minute walk at around 11a.m , was a good walk , purchased my grocery , pineapple pieces , bananas, 6 tall big bottle waters ( which were cheap and turned out be Sparkling water which had no taste and literally tasted like sweat ) yogurts, juices.

when I got of the grocery store I had to wait 45 minute to find a taxi. I was walking around the huge parking lot and did not even see a taxi and even on the main roads I seen a couple but they didnt even glance at me. I guess its all a learning experience because I finally went back inside the mall with the cart and foods and asked a lady to call taxi and she was nice and she did.

Finally dropped off the food upstairs , washed my face, went straight away to the Surgery Center to meet the doctor for Nose image and take before pictures. I actually got the blood work done first. The nurse took a blood test and Cardiogram , checked heartbeat and so on. It went well .

The Doctor who will perform my surgery is very nice , soft spoken , calm and has a professional manner . He also has a thing for art and is a artist and has a office with couple of his paintings , a white sculptor which he sculpted and other arts. I chose this doctor because he had a eye for Art and was not a doctor who just tears out tissue but can see this whole process as a art piece.

After nose imagine and pre-op pictures I was ready to go back to the gueshouse.

Staff was very nice aswell.

Day of Surgery --- TODAY

Well, I coudnt sleep last night , only slept for 4 hours. I was a bit nervous like it was the first day of highschool lol. I had my last meal the night before at 10pm.

at 8:30am I went to the Surgery center. I had to do some paperwork , and make the payment aswell.

I was satisfied that the credit card had went through, not that theres any blocks on my card but just that I am in a different Country things might sometimes be different and can conflict. I made a call twice to the bank before leaving from Canada to confirm that I am going on a trip and to make sure to write it in their info so they do now block it or something, but anyway it all worked and I was happy.

I had to take a stress pill of some some sort before surgery with a tiny bit of water. I was sitting calmly in the room they provided in the Surgery center and waited until I was called by a nurse who checked blood pressure and after that the Anesthesia nurse gave me a needle and a minute or so after that I woke up with bandage on my face in my room.

I am at discomfort and only can breath through my nose. I do have black bruise already under my eyes and am using the ice pak around my eyes.

I took a couple sips of water and honestly I feel like when I swallow the water before it goes down my throat that my nose is involved some how and makes it a bit difficult.
Is that normal?

I dunno how I will get used to this but I guess I have to as much as I want to resist. Now I know why everyone eats soft foods like jello apple sauce etc.. its all you can pretty much eat. I guess the carrots and the pizza I have in the fridge at the guesthouse are going to be going to the garbage unless I master the art of eating in this state.

I cannot see the shape of my nose and I cant WAIT to take this off and go home!! I am sure it will go by quick. I have this whole week of self care. Wish me luck as I am all alone here when I get back the guest house tomorrow.

I leave back to home on 10th day from now.
Glad you made it through okay! Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks I hope it will be a speed fast recovery . Today the swelling seems the same ( black eye ) Should it get worse or now that its the second day it should just stay like this?
It depends on your body, how you manage swelling, physically, as well as what you have been taking to reduce swelling, and how effective it is. I had swelling after surgery and the 2nd day. I had really bad swelling because my procedure took a long time. My eyes swelled shut. The 3rd or 4th day the swelling started going down. I think it was fast because of the Bromelian, Arnica, and steroid that my doc put me on. I had black eyes until day 16, but a lot of that is because I have thin skin under my eyes. I'm sure you will heal much faster than I did, at least, I hope so!

PICS....

Will update pics once cast is removed. Before and AFter.

Personally I find it kinda pointless to upload a same pic which I and everyone else seen on the internet with a person with a cast on his/her nose and a black eye =) lol

BTW its 5:30 am and I just woke up after having 5 hour sleep. This drip pad is real annoying but I cant complain too much as it should be off soon.

Eating and drinking is a bit hard for me as I can only take tiny sips at a time. Swolled a pain killer,sleeping pill and glucose vitamin yesterday , thats about it . I applied Arnica and did not have the Bromelian yet because the pill wont be easy to swollow yet for me. I guess I am not a good pill swollower.

Maybe once the drip pad is removed today ( CANT WAIT!!!!! ) I will take a pic. I left the t.v on and went to sleep , the noise kinda felt like I was not alone .
Awww! You're not alone, even if you are. You've got us to talk to!

Question

Will the nose still feel a bit elevated after the cast and drip pad is off????

I need a honest answer , nothin to make me feel better just a honest one THANKS guys!
Do you mean the "stint" on top, or the drip pad that catches blood underneath?
Its a pipe that is attached to my arm and every few hours she comes and it has water type liquid inside. Oh and the drip pad is right underneath my nose , that gauze pad ? On top is the stint. I really dont know and its hard to ask questions here here due to language barrier and the Doctor speaks English but he is only here during certain timings and he is very busy.
haha your comment " whatsup doc" made me almost laugh but I didnt because I cant. AriaD please can you tell me when you removed the drip pad and nose was STUFFED with all that stuff , is it normal to have the circle nostril look?? and do the tip normal to seem raised??

1 day Post op

- Doctor removed the bandage inside my nose which actually did cause some pain.

Right after that he removed my cast and I could see my whole nose from the mirror I Asked him to see. It looks like I have been punched in the face kinda like a Koala Bear.

I am actually sitting here in a total stranger Country thinking what will I do when I get back to Canada? if I look like this in 2 weeks my parents will be SHOCKED!!!!

My whole family and friends I will have to avoid. Also the side of the nose was okay he kinda made a slope which I did not ask for but I will have to judge after a week when the swelling is a bit less.

When he put the cast back on today he squeezed this plastic cast piece SO tightly on my nose from both sides and the nurse applied bandage.

Is this normal?????
Just relax and enjoy the break. Let your nose heal in peace.
Thanks Zooster. You are great . My upper bridge and eyes from swelling is what mostly is upsetting me still. I think I really will buy sunglasses ( real light ones ) so I can wear for a few days . I look like a Koala =)

4 days post op

I do not recommend anyone going alone to a remote city to have Rhinoplasty .

The depression first few days is HIGH. You cant sleep , you feel hot , you have so many pills to take , you are in shock and you are mostly indoors resting on the bed , you feel sweaty , oily , you lose weight , your cant breath etc...

So yea first week is HELL I think if I was at home it would be 100 times better but doing this all alone , I dunno how some of you do it .

Anyway I get my cast removed tomorrow. WIsh me luck halfway there till my flight on Monday CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to those who gave me support on the first couple days

I will for sure post pics after.
Good luck and I look foward to those photos. I really pray you like your results.
You are so brave, that you did it alone. If it makes you feel any better, it sucks, whether you are alone or not. There is not any sense of relief, that's the tough part, for the first few days. In some ways, being alone is good, sometimes that was exactly what I wanted. Peace and quiet and my husband to just let me sit quietly, even though I wasn't able to sleep for long periods of time. How I looked forward to sleep!
Thanks so much AriaD. God bless

Swelling!!!

Okay people I will post pics I promise I just wanted to post this before hand so you can see how much swelling I have and how puffy it is at the upper bridge , eyes and all. This is the most disappointing for me so I am posting this picture first.

When I post actual pics I want to look half decent or there is really no point.

Any tips on swelling?????? Can I wear sun glasses at all ?????

6 days post op ( 2nd - 3rd day post op please read )

How do I edit previous posts?? .. Anyone??

okay about my results are that my side profile looks good, I am happy . Make sure you tell your surgeon you dont want extreme and just minor nose not a NEW nose or he will botch it off. I am glad mine was minor and proud I told him to do Closed Rhinoplasty.

I applied some tape on the upper bridge of my nose between my eye area ( most upper bridge right exactly between my eyes )

After doing super research I decided NOT to use surgical or any tape ON my nose after the cast was removed. I do no want to disturb my nose, it needs to relax and get air and circulation and when people remove the tape EVERY night im sure it will cause some sort of change on the nose without us even knowing , even if the SLIGHTEST change still not worth the risk ... Just leave it.

I have been in bed, resting , water, drinking juice , taking pills , vitamins , bromelian , arnica ,eating pineapples , fruits ,applying cream most of all using my positive energy and using my mind to shape my nose ... HOWS THAT!!! lol

*****Great people on this site who really helped me on my 3rd day. To those on their 3rd - 2nd , 1st day ..TRUST me I had plans of never returning home and just banishing to a 3rd world Country because of the swelling the Freaked the s*** out of me.

Guys and girls , no matter what you see DO NOT feel suicidal and even think of harming yourself with emotional stress. Its not worthit.

I have become a closer to GOd these past few days.
" THrough hardship comes EASE "

I was sweating and was nervous and had insomnia and severe depression. I guess if I was at home it would have been 80% better but since I am in a remote Country in a rooom locked all day and night going through so much weird procedures I felt so finished and on top of that you see your nose swelled up and you think that is your result but its not ..

Like a member here Ariad posted in my comments REMEMBER!!!!!

"Don't worry about the bread until it's baked. Your nose is the dough that takes a year to bake. Use positive energy to focus on how you want it to look, healed, and trust that your doctor and body will make it happen."

She was right and I can tell its swollen as hell . Dont touch it just let it do its job guys. Be gentle with it and I mean like its a new born baby.
How are you doing?
Fine thanks Zooster. A bit sad but overall glad I am alive and healthy .
I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to see your new nose.

Update .. 2 weeks post op

Okay guys , I am 2 weeks post op.

update as I promised,,. These are NOT BEFORE pictures... I repeat, NOT before pictures .

These are pics of NOW , and how I would like it to look like in the future.

I am not currently so satisfied with the results. I mean , I am a bit satisfied but not fully knowing that I DO have to go for a revision which I never ever wanted in my LIFE and cant afford .

OR I might do the non surgical approach with fillers which I most likely will end up doing to avoid the revision. This will not fix the upper bridge problem which I did mention below...

Now about how I feel about the nose.

Front lower half of the nose I have no problem with , it is more straight and okay BUT the main thing the Doctor did which I did not understand was he made a slope type downward bend which totally gave me a look I DID NOT WANT.

Just 1cm made me not happy fully with my result. Another thing is , he did something to the top bridge bone area which gives me a Avatar look ... it looks wide and not smooth , I can feel something different up there when I touch it. ( did he add something? )

So yea 2 problems which I am not happy with ..

1 - upper bridge between eyes/eye brows , something he did there , feels weird and wide and gives me a kinda different look. BTW we did discuss he would make a small tiny bump type look at around the second level of the top bridge but I regret that too. I look older with that bump.

2. He gave me that scoop look which does NOT suit me and does not give me the " ME " look but another person look. We did NOT discuss this so not sure why he went along and did this.

I need some tips but anyway , here the pic which how it looks like NOW and here how the pic which I want it to look like in the future.

Update .. 2 weeks post op

Above post is my actual 2 weeks post op post .

And here are the pics of how the nose looks NOW and how I would like it to look in the future.

2 weeks post op

Sorry for the double posts.

Okay guys , I am 2 weeks post op.

These are pics of NOW , and how I would like it to look like in the future.

Now about how I feel about the nose.

So yea 2 problems which I am not happy with ..

Ok finally uploaded , here are the pics

NOW

Post up again ( left side of the face )

Post up ( right side again )

btw in teh end...

Did anyone notice? YES , lol Mom noticed right away something was wrong with my face she said I lost weight and said to my sister that it looks like I went through some kinda pain and I am not happy and she was crying.

I said I was playing football and it hit my nose and the bone shifted inward and im okay now and she misses her old son.. Well I Will bring him back to her after a year .

...So..

Will revision be cheaper?

Does anyone recommend me that I should do a revision? I know its all upto me in the end but this time I will stay in Canada or U.S. Never travelling overseas again, I honestly look back and think... What was I thinking????

I really wish I had went with Dr.Epstein , Dr.Rival or Dr.Solomon.

And...

My Doctor did a great job on most of the part except the upper bridge ( between my eyes that bone a bit of an Avatar look ) which you cannot see clearly in pics and the second thing was that indent look he gave me which totally killed the moment.

My sister was pissed , said I looked way better before and that my long nose was my signature. It seems that long nose type look is gone due to that same Indent downward slope I have mentioned and it could be brought back to life I pray in the future. Any good non surgical Doctors???
hi im planning a trip for surgery can you tell me what doctor you used as researching doctors in a different country is very difficult
I think your nose looks great! I'm sure that it will be what you wanted when it's done healing. Happy for you, that you are home safe now!
Hi - well I am glad you survived this whole ordeal! Yeah, I didnt like the idea of going overseas to have the op. Your profile is good and it looks lije that swelling on the tip makes it big so hopefully it will look better. I would wait first until all swelling goes down and then think about revision. Happy ur home. Pls hug ur mom.