Liposuction Deformed my Body - Chicago, IL

I went for a lipo... doctor suggested I have my...

I went for a lipo... doctor suggested I have my inner and outer thighs lipoed. I was mainly concerned with my stomach and fat accumulated on my back. I had no idea that there could be possibilites of having a deformed body.

I had the following areas treated:

• Inner and outer thighs
  • Stomach and back
  • Calves and Knees

After the surgery, I notice that my buttocks were smaller.. and that my body was more masculine looking and more square. I had specifically asked the doctor not to touch my buttocks.

Apparently, when lipoing outer thighs, if the doctor is too aggressive, he can easily cause grooves in your thighs and butt cheeks. My very round buttocks had lost their outer fullness and instead I was left with such a huge groove, as if some one came and gave me a punch right on the side of my butt and the skin went in and never came out. It's really very sad.

I wish I had a time machine. I wish I never did any of it. I had a very nice figure, just a little bit chubby. But, I was very happy with how I looked.

Now I have deformities all over my body, I have much more pronounced cellulite... and hurrable hanging loose skin around my belly, one more thing, spider veins (apparently a side effect).

Today I have spent another 30,000 US dollars trying to fix my lipo deformities. I had serious lumpiness and bumps on both my outer and inner thighs. The doctor I went to did some fat grafting, outer thigh area was partially resolved. Inner thigh, became worse. Groove around my buttocks was never fixed.

I plan to make one more attempt to fix what went wrong.

Dr. Michael Damen

Wow!! So sorry this happened. My wife had lipo from dr scott turner at Dee Why in Sydney. He was way too aggressive. Now she looks anorexic where she had lipo done. Her skin is saggy and wrinkly. Please be careful everyone who you get to do this procedure.
I too have been a victim of dr turner at dee why. I had lipo and tt done by him about four years ago. He has destroyed my body. This doctor should not be able to do any surgeries. I can't believe he's still in business destroying people's lives.
Wow...I was considering lipo, the back, a bit on the tummy and rear end shelf. Now I'm not sure...
Any updates? I am trying to stay positive that I can be happy in the future.
Deformedlipo - I would also like to know if you have any updates to share? PSBB - I hope you are staying positive and can be happy in the future, I have recently come across a great wealth of liposuction information on twitter under the profile handle LipoCoalition...very real, honest and positive and focuses on really educating us on this procedure
thisruinedlife- I am trying. As long as I don't look at it, I am feeling halfway decent. I am truly dying to have revision surgery done from another PS. The funds are holding me back from any hope.
I'm sorry. Some doctors are very greedy, they won't tell you to only do 1 or 2 areas because they want to make more money and in fact some of these horrible doctors honestly don't care if you are happy with the results or how you feel in the end. They take your money and leave you with the mess. I'm so sorry. My ps recommended 9 areas for lipo and left me anorexic looking with an unfeminine shape. I went from having hourglass to apple shaped body. I too have a dent in my outer thigh and my inner thigh has some sort of dent/hole in it when I feel it. It is uneven. I hope the fat cells grow back but I am reading that they don't. The other option is fat graft which unfortunately involves more liposuction and surgery. I'm trying to research whether fat graft can survive in lipoed areas as well. I heard that the blood supply and tissue is not as good.
Lipo is honestly the devil. Lumpy, bumpy uneven.. Sucks.
I have had a bad lipo too...It ruined my life. Can anyone tell me if fat can really survive in those lipoed areas? Any positive experience can really give me hope. Thank you.
I also had horrible results from a board certified surgeon that lied to me about what my result would be. I thought I did everything right, I looked at reviews (which I now know are/were made-up per a former employee report), I chose a board certified plastic surgeon, blah, blah, blah! I now think my surgeon is a sociopathic butcher, after the lies he told me and the way he totally botched the liposuction, but it is what it is. There is always hope, technology will improve. There are doctors out there that do revision surgeries after bad liposuction. I have found that it is a very specialized area and it will never be what it was. Everybody is different and fat survival after a graft is dependent upon your own body. Whether or not it can establish a blood supply to the area as well as if your body will hold onto the fat. Also, you need to have fat left to harvest for the graft. You would need to be evaluated by surgeon to determine if the areas you have are appropriate to repair with a graft. I am planning on doing some revision surgery via fat grafting and will let you know of my results, but they will be specific to me, so I don't know if that will help.
I have already undergone two fat transfer....I am 20 days post op of my 2nd one. My area is on face...(crying~) The surgeon who blotched my face has no aesthetic view at all. I am only in 20s and and he took out fats from my jowls and leaving two big dents alongside of my chin. I only asked him to remove my double chin. He took out the fats above my jawline (without my consent), leaving streak marks on my face. After I complaint about him on a local forum, he exposed my identity and threaten to sue me for destroying his reputation. After his terrible job, even my neighbours couldnt recognize me at first. So far I have tried scupltra and two fat transfer in this half year time.( one month after lipo, I immediately went for my first fat transfer). But the fat didnt take well in the areas. I am very depressed. This lipo disaster totally changed my life. I am saving money in order to go for Dr Sydney Coleman next year. He now is my only hope for my problem. If anyone has experience with him, please let me know.
I won't ask who the doctor was that performed this, but have you tried to sue him? If he removed fat from areas you didn't consent to do, then you have a case that calls into question your "informed consent," even if you signed a consent form because you didn't consent for all of what he did. Also, who did the fat transfers? The same doctor (that botched it) or a different one?
I'm sorry. My ps recommended neck liposuction even though I did not have a contour problem in my neck. When I lift my chin I have visible bands where the neck meets the chin. I heard that Sydney Coleman is very expensive. Do a lot of research.
So I finally gave up trying to fix the deformities and had a full Tummy Tuck last week . . . I will have a very ugly scar but get a smooth flat stomach in return.
Yes that's the trade off. But it is about the only solution I believe will help. It's so sad it should be explained that it you choose lipo that you will more than likely be choosing so type if expensive lift as well!!! I bet you much be so relieved to be over the uncertainty of hoping another procedure worked or didn't and let's face it . You can hide that tummy scar way more than you can ever hide the horrible deformities rhat we received. I have them everywhere. I wish I just needed a tummy tuck but I need an entire body lift. Thanks for updating you profile.
Not so fast my friend . . . I have a lot of deformity in the hip and thighs so considering the whole butt lift thing now!  lol  ;D  The scar is definitely worth not fearing someone might catch a glimpse of the old abdomen.  I'm grateful I did not need any muscle repair.
I am happy that you did not need the muscle repair also. It is nice to see someone at least being able to close the smart lipo chapter of their life somewhat! :). I am happy for you. I bet the tummy looks great! Keep moving forward. I didn't realize you also had hip and thigh issues as well. I just wish I could have my old fat back. Even with lifting I am in desperate need of fat is the legs. Did they touch your belly button? If so, does that look real? Just curious?
Belly button looks fine - I'm just 6 days post op today so I'll post a photo when they remove the drain - hoping tomorrow.  The key to the belly button is to make a small vertical slit b/c it will relax horizontally when the swelling goes down.  I hope it looks as good as I pray it can.  Not what I ever envisioned I would need but sorry I took so long to go for it.  I did not have a lot of excess skin since I never had kids so the scar is higher than I wish it was . . . hoping it will be below my low-rise jeans waist height.
Okay. Take it easy. Again so happy that you've found something that is finally a real CORRECTION ! Believe me if I had the money I think I would have already had the lift also. Brighter days my friend. Brighter days
I'm so over the deformities . . . not the fat transfer did not help, no the lipodissolve did not help, nor Ulthera, or any of the other supposed remedies. Thinking that the only solution is tummy tuck with big ugly scar.
I agree with 7858anon adn RealfSelfGirl2 - the surgeon who destroyed my formerly healthy body was multi-board certified. I'm disfigured, disabled and in excruciating pain.
dr coleman isnt the greatest either for thigh deformities. spent alot of cash and he didnt address most of it also it ended up some of the dents he overfilled so i had to get lipodisolve now i have dents again uggh. dr colemans few pictures are impressive but hes not all that i assure u.
Nice to meet you all! I am also going through the revision surgery issue. I am going today to see my previous PS and see what he can do for me. I have lumps on my calves and do not wear any shorts or dresses. I actually wish I could go back to my old fat legs with lovely smooth cankles. I also have serious sagging of my buttocks and posterior thighs, and outer thighs due to lipo. This I can hide with longer shorts so I am not going to die with out it. I want it, don't get me wrong but I do not trust plastic surgery very much anymore!!
Did you have lipo of the ankles ? Who did you go to? Is that area smooth?
Hi. How do ankles look. Would love to see them. I'm interested in that procedure.