It’s Done Finally! - Linwood, NJ

I am officially 16 days ou and coming up on my...

I am officially 16 days ou and coming up on my pre-op appointment in two days. I hesitated creating a profile but I am looking for support and advice from women who have had it. Very nervous since I'm afraid of needles and have never had surgery before. But ready to feel smaller for so many reasons!
I am 2 weeks post-op and I have not had any problems . I am also 54 yrs.old. This is such an easy surgery . I truly didn't have pain . But I was and still am sore . But everyday it gets easier. You won't regret this decision because the rewards are immediate . Best of luck!

Guess a good way would be to add why I'm here....

Guess a good way would be to add why I'm here. Same as most of you, I'm 5'3", 175 lbs and have a size 36H. Feels like my breast size has been holding me back from enjoying life. There's always that feeling that I am so BIG even though I have a petite frame because of my large chest. My PS said he will be taking me down to a size D/C and I don't even know mentally how I will react when this happens. I'm just so ready to live an active, healthy and proportionate lifestyle. I'm getting married next year and have put off wedding dress shopping for this reason. Dresses never look right and the thought of having a strapless dress was off the table until I found out I was getting the surgery. Let's just say this has been a long time coming and I am sooo ready to have this done. I've been told "NO" many times and it was discouraging and frustrating thinking I would be stuck with what I have. Constant back pain and severe indentations in my shoulders. Clothes never fit. In college and high school I was tormented for what I had. I have to shop at a specialty bra shop with bras costing around $50-$70 EACH. Migraines so painful to the point of throwing up.

I know I'm kind of all over the place, it's hard to update a whole life of pain, discomfort, frustration and tears in one post but I know I'm not the only one and everyone can relate. So this is my third time trying for this operation. I was casually talking to a girl at work about it and she said her daughter had it done. She gave me the doctor's name, I scheduled an appointment and by the end I had applied for Care Credit that night and was approved. I did not go through insurance because I do not have it. This is something that I'm OK with paying for, this is something that will drastically change my quality of life for the better! I'll add more before pics, I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about!

Also, had my two week pre-op meeting yesterday. I put down my payment, asked him all the questions I could possibly think of. He just kept telling me everything was going to be fine and it was a simple surgery. He also wants me up and walking a mile with 2 pound weights the next day! I'm not having drains and the stitches will be dissovable. Have purchased a post-surgical bra, plenty of pre and post-op vitamins and a boob pillow from MakeMeHeal.com.

Tried to lose some weight before the surgery but I always do good for a couple weeks and than go right back to where I was, stuck in the 170's. Can anyone tell me if its easier to lose weight after the surgery with being able to move around a lot better? Part of it I thin is the time I work out is in the PM and I'm just so tired by the time I want to lay down because of my back.
You have made the right decision and you will be so happy. This is a wonderful operation and you will be so happy with the changes in your body. Having smaller blobs makes your posture improve and increases your self confidence. Good luck to you
I don't even like looking at my wedding pics because of my large breasts. I was a G and probably will end up a D and it's not just the cup size that changes. It's your whole figure, posture, and well being. The day after surgery my back pain was poof gone. It's a major surgery which is why I put it off for a decade but good has definitely outweighed the bad. The needles are temporary but the surgery is a life changer. Good luck!
Just wait until the surgery is over to work out. You'll have more motivation then!

A week and five days out…count down is on!...

A week and five days out…count down is on! Honestly I would be lying if I didn’t admit that I’m quietly FREAKING OUT inside. I know this is something I want yet the stitches and needles are the most terrifying things to me. Never had a surgery and I can’t even give blood because I am so scared of needles. Can anyone give me any advice? I’m picturing the surgery day and I feel panic inside imagining being in the room when I get the IV. I just don’t think I can do it sometimes but chickening out is not an option. As I write this I’m in extreme back pain because it’s 9:00PM as this happens all day. I’m excited yet terrified. Please tell me this is not out of the norm and if you have any feedback if you felt the same way, I need to hear it!!! Posted some before pictures for after wards. I doubt I’ll be taking pictures of the after immediately because I’m not sure I’ll be able to look at the stitches or not. At my pre-op the PS just assured me it wasn’t that big of a surgery and I’ll be fine but that really didn’t quiet my fears.
i've grown up with an intense fear of needles and pain and i was a complete stress ball about the pain the week before my surgery (i had mine April 25) so you're not alone. I had to have bloodwork done before my surgery so I had to deal with the needle earlier on and i find it's best when i don't look and if the nurse starts a conversation with me and distracts me from what's going on. After the IV is in you're pretty much ready to go so you don't have to live with the IV in for very long even though it is uncomfortable. I sat with mine for about 45 minutes before they wheeled me off to surgery. I was super scared of how painful it would be and it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought. You really do pass out before anything happens and then you wake up and voila you're in the recovery room and someone is trying to feed you crackers and ginger ale! the post anesthesia nausea was probably the worst thing for me. i didn't stay overnight in the hospital though i hear some people do. It's sooo worth it in the end. I'm 8 days Post Op and I couldn't be happier with my boobs. I'm about the same size and frame as you and I went from a 36G to what is shaping up to be a 36C. I won't know for awhile as the gals are a bit swollen still. I've been off of pain meds for 4 days and taking tylenol to manage when they get sore. Things to look forward to or think about when the needle and the pain thing start to freak you out: *No more shoulder, neck, back pain *BRA SHOPPING!!!! wheee!
Yor absolutely right, thanks for commenting, I was hoping that someone who has the same fear could give me advice. I'm ready to have smaller boobs! They feel like they are always in the way. I'm not staying overnight, they said I'll be in recovery for an hour and than home. Hoping the needle is quick and when I wake up I'll be ou of it and not remember about the needle! Can't wait to be on the other side!
Good luck!! I am hoping to be a bride in the near future too and I'm SO relieved to be having this surgery now as even trying on normal dresses is a nightmare, I can't imagine having to try on wedding dresses with breasts this size. Ick. Your wedding dress is going to look FANTASTIC :D

8 days away, kind of hoping it will start setting...

8 days away, kind of hoping it will start setting in soon. I got my prescriptions filled and have started to make a list of groceries to get this weekend for it. Any suggestions? I have water bottles, straws, ginger ale, soup and crackers so far. PS said "flu" foods. Still nervous about the IV. However, a close friend of mine's boyfriend just had to have emergency surgery today. He had no choice in the matter and he made it, kind of helps put it in perspective. I need to grow up and just face it.

Still looking forward to the "after", have no idea how to prepare mentally for it though. Did anyone out there try or just take the mental changes as they came? Like how does a shirt fit and dresses fit without huge boobs? Advice welcomed, thanks guys!

One thing everyone does is take a stool softener with each pain pill. Because the meds in the hospital will give you constipation . And so will the pain meds at home . That's very important to do because you don't want you don't want constipation on top of healing . And make sure someone opens your medicine bottles , cans of soup etc. Because we use our breast muscles trying to do all those things . Rest is so important for healing . Even when you feel like you can do things take it easy until your dr. Says it's OK . Best of luck! Oh and about how shirts fit ... I was so excited when I tried on my old shirts . All I can do is smile because I look small and normal for the first time in 30 years. You are gonna love the results :-) :-) :-)

I keep reading about the stool softener, I guess I will add it to my list. Glad to hear your shirts are fitting and you feel normal, I totally am on the other side of that right now. I keep pushing my boob up and in to get a sense of what it'll be like after. I do imagine all of my clothes will fit better and it'll be like shopping in my own closet!
i don't know if there is anything you can do to mentally prepare as who knows how you'll feel afterwards? the only thing we really have to go on is that 96% of us who have had this surgery noted on this website that we were happy with the outcome. after coming off of the drugs from the surgery, which took a full day or so, I started to realize how much was really removed and how i felt about it. i found both positives and negatives but mostly positives. #1- omg! i can see my feet! i'm standing taller! even going down stairs feel different because I'm not leaning so far over! my posture is fantastic. #2 - omg! without my huge books in the way now i see my belly which has hidden underneath them. now my belly is a bit more prominent than i like (it was also bloated due to pain meds). ugh, i look pregnant. i look fat. i can't work out for awhile either to get rid of the belly. but the belly is temporary. i know i can lose weight. i just need to be patient. #3- Recovery is going to take some time and i need to be patient with that as well. I need to learn how to take care of myself and not overdo it because in the long run it will be better for me. I need to learn how to let other people take care of me and not feel bad about it. People want to help me and I need to let them. I'm back to work today after 9 days off and wished i had more time to rest up but i feel pretty good despite some soreness. I have a desk job so there's not a lot of movement so I feel ok being back since i don't have to do any manual labor. All in all, there are more positives with only one negative (which is my obvious belly that i feel self conscious of but I'll get over)! I'm cursing the fact I need to sleep upright for awhile. I hate that I can't work out (I was fairly active prior to surgery) and I get frustrated because I just want to feel 'normal' again but those are all things I can deal with since I know for sure that this was the best thing I could have done for myself and I wished I had done it sooner! Some of the best recovery foods are fresh pineapple (helps with swelling) and fresh fruit and greens. Protein helps in recovery too so lean proteins are good to have around. I was pretty much eating my normal diet 3-4 days after surgery. Some other good vitamins and things to have around for help with recovery: Vitamin C, Arnica, Bromelain (they have it in pill form, this is the stuff in pineapple that helps with swelling). If you don't have much appetite after surgery or need something quick and easy having protein shakes around or protein powder is also a good thing. It's completely normal to worry and try to find ways to be prepared but it sounds like you're pretty much prepared already. I had to bury myself in work to distract myself before surgery and that helped a lot.

Five days out. Still working nonstop until the day...

Five days out. Still working nonstop until the day of the surgery. So, it hasn't sunken in yet. I know it's close and it's my last weekend with the big girls. I don't think it'll hit me until Tuesday night. Mom is coming to meet me after work that day to help get groceries and other things we'll need for recovery.

My bra straps are digging in pretty bad today and the back is feeling it after a long week. I really hope the reduction helps. Trying to keep the positives ahead of me. Just nervous about it all still since I don't know what my body is going to feel like. Normal I guess, nothing anyone says helps take the edge off! I have my mind made up though and there's no backing out. Just want it to be done and behind me.
Why is it that the more of a reality surgery comes, the more we notice the pain or inconvenience from our breasts!? We have definitely been so used to it that it didn't even phase us, but suddenly I am noticing alot more back pain than I was ever aware of. Bring on post-op! Good luck this week girl.
im going for my consultation Monday,however im 20 years old and im a 34 h with no health insurance. keep us posted
I will, definitely. If anything I've always been looking for a total "after" pic with clothes on and the whole transformation

So I kind of just made a mistake, I got a really...

So I kind of just made a mistake, I got a really bad tension headache and alas no Tylenol. So I went to my local convienance store, sold out, walked to CVS, closed. So by the time I got home I'm on the verge of throwing up and I saw that ibuprofen doesn't contain aspirin so I thought it was ok. Checked my list of medications and turns out its on the "do not take list." What should I do? I only took two tiny capsules and surgery is Wednesday.
I would call your PS tomorrow and ask. Ibuprofen is on the do not take list because it can thin your blood like aspirin. This isn't a very bloody surgery, you're healthy, and young so it probably won't be an issue but I wouldn't want take my chances without checking with my surgeon first.
It's seriously all I notice now! It will be a lot different in a week, thank you, I hope everything goes well too :)
I'm uninsured as well, I got approved for Care Credit which gave me enough credit to get the surgery. Had to pick up a side job but hoping all the extra hours will be we'll worth it.

So checked with the doctor's and even with the...

So checked with the doctor's and even with the ibprofuen I am going to be ok. I had such a horrible tension headache by the end of the night and was deseparate. Still living with the headache today too, absolutely more of a reminder of why I am getting this. It feels like someone is behind me just pulling on my straps 24/7. Still nervous as heck, can't believe it is literally here. Today and tomorrow I am working, coming off of 9 days straight work week so I'm very much looking forward to having off even though I'll be recovering from surgery. When I get off work I'm going to clean the apartment and cook some food. We don't have a microwave so I really can't pre-make too many things. Doing laundry, vacumming and dusting. Tomorrow my Mom is coming to meet me after work and we are going to run some errands. I still need to get a front closure sports bra. I have one that I have had but it's not cotton and I don't think it's comfortable. Can't believe that the bras I have are not going to fit any longer and good riddance! The pain is unbearable now that I'm so aware of it, looking forward to coming out on the other side and being healed. I guess my next post will be after it's done. Not too much more to update. Still freaking out and stressed about it though!! That's a feeling that hasn't seemed to go away. However, I've just accepted it as normal pre-surgery feelings and there's really nothing I can do but just go through this.
Best of luck to you. Take care and get your rest. You will be amazed.
Thank you so much for your honesty.. I am scheduled for 5/16 the day after you ...I wasnt told to purchase "flu foods".. and wasnt told about the front closure bra either.. BUT YOU CAN DO IT !
Called, they said it was ok, what a relief!!

Surprisingly calm tonight, or just too tired to...

Surprisingly calm tonight, or just too tired to care anymore. Work
was nice today, the gang suprised me with a cake at 4:30. They let me go all day thinking nothing was going to happen, they get my humor :) it's really tomorrow but I will be unconscious for most of it! My mom is down and we are hanging out right now. My surgery also got moved earlier so it'll be at 7:30 am. Happy to have it done in the morning and be over. We will see. Ladies, I will see you on the other side!! The day has finally arrived :) Wish me luck
Best Wishes. I will be thinking of you all day. May the force be with you!
How exciting! I wish you good luck and pray that all goes well.
I was thinking and feeling the same thing. Today my shoulders and neck hurt and burned with pain today. It's like they know what is about to happen and want to punish me, in advance.

On the other side, will update in more depth, but...

On the other side, will update in more depth, but I'm doing well :)
Prayers being sent up for you girl . You will be just fine :-) Web will be waiting to here from you .

Loving the work :)

Hey guys, as promised this is my more in depth recap of Wednesday. Right now I am doing pretty good, been walking everyday. First day after I had to take a shower (more like me crying and my fiancé bring to wash me) and could only walk to the end of the street. Now, I walked four miles today and can shower and replace my gauze by myself. I have moderate bruising, my left is yellow bruise which means it is healing. Also, officially off pain meds and alternating between Tylenol and Advil when I need it. Thank goodness too because they were messing with me and making me act very tired all the time.

So Tuesday I got a phone call that my surgery was rescheduled for the morning. Went to bed feeling calm, woke up at 5:30 freaking out and practically crying the entire car ride to the surgery center. Got my wristband and went back to a tiny alcove with an IV and chair. I could only bring one person and I picked my mom, she definitely is my angel. I had to undress and the IV lady came in. If you’ve been following me you know this was the scariest part. And yes, I cried, and the lady had to tell me to grow up haha. Sucked it up and got the IV in, PS came in to mark me up and I just about fainted. My nerves were so shot! I was going black and had to sit down. When the IV lady came back in (I can’t spell it) she said I had lost all my color and I got my first shot of some good stuff. After that I was feeling AWESOME and they were wheeling me back into the OR. Last thing I remember was putting on an oxygen mask and then next moment I’m waking up with one of the nurses, my mom and fiancé.

So I have been resting and healing. I’m taking vitamins and trying to get a daily walk in. Icing helped a little and I’m doing pretty good. Mom left this morning so I’m on my own.

Ladies, the results are amazing. I have no back pain and I’m only wearing a cotton sports bra. The tightness in clothing is GONE. The shoulder and back pressure is GONE. I tried on literally every piece of clothing I could try on yesterday. Can’t wait to go wedding shopping now. I look now like how I thought have been looking like my adult life. Mom said I’m back to my 8th grade size! The tummy needs tightening now that I can see it!! It’s sooooooo worth it gals :)

Ps - I’m not posting any after pics until my tape is off and my scars are healing, I’m not good with this kind of stuff and have yet to look at it. I saw some dried blood and I was done. I have two stitches and tape that will come off Thursday.

Some afters

Love the skull cardigan. Looking Lovely :)

Not scared to look anymore

Left side is about twice the size f the right! Hope that goes down, right? Walked two miles today!
I laughed while reading your review cause I can relate to the waiting part! I stressed myself so much I gave myself a headache ugh!! You Look good girl Happy Healing!
My PS also said no walking. Basically, don't do anything that raises the heart rate. Glad you are doing well though. It's tougher not to give in to the urge to be tough :)
Awesome girl!

Still Healing!

Every day does get a little better, today I went six hours without any pain meds. Been on the road for the past two days and am finally home. Got to go shopping today and enjoyed the top half results but not so much the tummy results :-/ !!! Tomorrow I will be taking it easy because I will be back to work Thursday. I will confess I've been able to move around a lot better and have been able to walk everyday. I think my PS wants me to push myself, Sunday I did about 4.5 miles and felt fine. I'll see him Thursday too when he takes out my two stitches and tape off. I've also been taking post op vitamins and still drinking a bunch of water which seem to be doing a great job. Can't wait to buy a real bra, No clue what size I am though right now and probably won't find out until July. Also, when should I know?? I've got to go wedding dress shopping sometime this summer :)
Glad to have brought a smile to your face, it's so funny now but at the time I was freaking out!
Wow! All Dr's are different . But that sounds a bit much!

One Week Post Op

Tomorrow is my appointment to have my two stitches and the tape will come off! Do you think they'll put new tape on? I feel like it'll be a little more comfortable with the tape off but now sure how it'll feel. Feeling swollen and hard still today. Trying to be patient :)
LOL, I would have cried if my PS told me that at week one. Glad it is working for you since you're young and healthy.

Two weeks post-op

Out two weeks, progress pic included. One side is quite larger than the other and Im really hoping that it goes down. Advice on that? I see under one nipple it looks like a scab. All I can do is hope they turn out normal in a month or two.
I can totally relate to your fear of needles haha. Honestly right now I am most scared for the IV going in. Did it hurt?? I know it sounds ridiculous but I really cannot handle the sight of a needle. And by the way your new boobs look great! :)
Honestly it really doesn't hurt, it uses a needle but the needle comes out and it's more of a catheter for medicine to go in. If I can do it, you can too. I brought my mom with me to help me o through it so I definitely recommend having someone there who can support you. It's worth it, trust me.
Thanks for sharing...you look awesome!

Set backs

Having a lot of trouble today. I work two jobs and had to go back after a week and half before I would start losing financially. Today when I woke up I was so exhausted, just my entire body is wiped out. Is this normal for anyone? I thought I was doing very good but today put me back a notch. Still feeling swollen and my boobs are so hard still. Hoping tomorrow I will be better, I can't believe the lack of energy.
Hello fellow New Jersian. Ur body is telling u to slow down. Don't over do it. I slept the entire day yesterday after cleaning the floors upstairs and down also the refrigerator. It will let you know what you need to do so listen to it. Congrats on ur surgery and you look awesome. Take it easy.

Three Weeks Post Op

Posted new pic, I did out on some spot bandaides in some sections that were starting to scab. I would replace my gauze and the scab would come off so I had to put something on it so it can just heal already! Amazed at the vertical incision below my nipple at how well its healed up on both sides. Trying to take it easy but it's not working at all. I have a desk job but I'm all over the place. Looking forward to the weekend so I can just relax :)
Try coating a gauze cut out just larger than the size of your nips and coat it on both sides with Vaseline and put it on your nips and then put a 4X4 inch square of gauze over that and see if it helps. I had a FNG and that is what my ps told me to do and any sticking has been on the outer bandage and the piece with Vaseline comes off easily with no sticking

Seeing that "Boxy" Shape

Always wondered what that "boxy" shape that everyone was talking about...think I understand. They are quite square shaped to me but I know there is still swelling. Also, scabs around my nipple, they just fall off naturally right? I feel like they are very wide still, which I know when I get a good bra fitted it'll change my whole shape. When do you guys think it's ok to start exercising? I have Hip Hop Abs DVD sets I want to start!
You definitely don't look boxy. Your breasts look very perky and natural. When I have any negative thoughts on my new boobs, I just look at my before picture and that helps! I am a month and a few days post and I'm dying to exercise too! I feel like I am at a point where I could do light exercise now, but nothing full tilt for another week or so..
Congrats, looks like you are healing well. I am just a week post op so I am my insicions are still closing up and I have lots of swelling.

1 Month

Hit 30 days... Still swelling or I officially have two boobs that are different sizes
How did you like rayfield
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon