Latisse Problems - Severe Headache and Neck Pain - Lexington, KY

Did it to lengthen eyelashes and experienced...

Did it to lengthen eyelashes and experienced severe headache and neck pain.....I contacted the clinic where I purchased the Latisse but they have no known side effects like I am experiencing.

I have recently used Latisse and am experiencing severe headaches and neck pain....anyone else experience anything like this?! I haven't read anything about side effects like this.

So far they are being supportive....

Oh god !!! thanks so much ladies for posting this infromation. technicaly I didnt use Lattise , I had a bottle of it an dused it once. Felt strange 10 minutes later and thought , OK , not worth it , better off with my eyelashes extensions ----------- 5 days later i forgot that I used my eyeliner brush to use this nightmare called Latisse and used it to put my eyeliner .............. thats it .......... that day I had the worst headache of my life , came home from work and took many painkillers to keep the headache undecontrol but no luck .........that was teh worst night of my life , my speech broke at some point from pain , head spinning , left eye felt like it has been pulled out with a kife , seeing double with the left eye and throwing up 25 times.......... I thought OK thats it , I am going to die , the worst part is that I have a baby girl , kept thinking if I die whats going o happen to her ??? anyway , this story is 3 weeks old by now ......... after , 2 CT , 1 MRI , many appoitments with Nero, ENT ,eye specialist , blood test etc etc etc which all came back normal .... my pain is undercontrol , I dont have headache anymore , had an accupuncture yesterday which did make a huge difference two ... what I am left with now is DARKKKKKKKKKKKKKK circles under the eyes :-( I have never had circls in my entire life no matter how tired , stressed & ill I was/got ....... so all I can say is ..... STAY AWAY from this curse , its poison I cant discribe how much I hate this product right now .... I almost had a near death experiance and for WHAT , EYELASHES .... No way in hell I am going to do something like this ..

Yes, I have headaches every morning and nausea. It has only been a week, I thought maybe my body was getting used to it.

I used Latisse for 5 days. I woke up the next morning after the forst dose with an severe head ache and vertigo and nausea. This progressed to tremors in my joints or muscle surrounding the joints. They become quite spastic at times. I discontinued it after 5 days and am not back to normal yet and it has been 7 weeks. I had never had tremors spasticity problems prior to this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have been experiencing jabs of pain on both sides of my head, I guess I can call them headaches...but they initially started out as quick 1-2 second jolts (sort of like a nerve firing through my brain..very sharp and disappears almost within a couple of seconds. In the beginning, I only noticed these jolts a couple of times a day. Then after about a month, the pain level increased (from 3 to 6 out of a 10 scale) and the frequency increased...now I notice that they come at least 4-6 times/day. I started using Latisse in February 2012 - I've done through one bottle and now I'm on my second.

I wasn't sure where the headaches were coming from, so I thought it was because of lack of sleep and stress. I had been fasting for a month due to Ramadan (I eat and drink before sunrise and after sunset) every day for 1 month. So, my husband, doctor and I thought that was probably it. Well, Ramadan ended 2 weeks ago and now my sleep schedule is somewhat back to normal but my headaches are not getting any better. Oh, I am also a breast cancer survivor, so every time anything hurts, it's cause for concern - so obviously, my thought process is..could it be a tumor? My doctor assured me that she doesn't think so because the pain tends to move around different regions in my head and it comes and goes so quickly.

Tonight, after having used Latisse, I was just curious so I looked up key words on Google "Latisse headaches side effects" and found this. Oh boy! I'm so thankful for the detailed discussions here. I'm going to stop using latisse and see what happens. I will follow up with my post in a couple of weeks. Effectively, I'm done with this product since it sounds like it is the culprit. If anybody experiences these types of headaches, please provede your response and describe the type of headache pains you are getting. Are they similar to mine?
I too have experienced eye twitching in my left eye since using Latisse - and just put the two together after reading all these comments. I stumbled upon this by trying to find a cheaper version of Latisse. In Canada, we pay $160.00 for a 3ml bottle.
I've been using Latisse since April. I had the itching then REALLY heavy feeling to lift my eyelids...like I'd not used those muscles to lift such lashes before. Admittedly they were and are extremely long. People ask me about them CONSTANTLY. I have to say they're very pretty..... After awhile this eye pain started. It's not severe yet or severe enough for me to stop using it completely. My eyes hurt and itch the most when I wake up and it lasts for about 15 minutes. Anyone else have this?
It's awful but I love having them so long I'm vain enough I'm going to keep using it awhile. I'm also a pharmacist. I would have the neck pain and headaches checked out. I had my eyes checked this week and all is fine. If I had headaches and all I would completely stop using it and see what happens and if there's any relation. Hope that helps.
I've given up Latisse after two years of use. I liked the lashes, and got used to my red eyelids (and used to covering up the redness with makeup). But then my doctor pointed out how badly inflamed my eyelids were. I realized then that, yes, my eyes always feel dry and irritated. So, three weeks of the Latisse now, my eyes look and feel so much better! I still have my long lashes, too, though I'm sure they'll be shedding and I'll be back to regular length in a month or so. But my eye health and comfort is worth it!
My eyelashes looked wonderful also. I even asked my eye Dr about using Latisse but my eyes were itchy. She said they looked fine and never thought anything more about it. Well I ended up in the hospital for 3 days on an IV drip for migraines because they got so bad. My Dr who gave me the Latisse has never contacted me to talk to me about the product. How sad that he did not want to know more. His nurse is suspose to contact the drug rep. I even caled a lawyer about using Latisse because no one was giving me answers. I would never use it again. I still have a migraine all the time, but it is down to a 2 instead of a constant 10 all the time. I may have to go back in the hospital for another IV drip. Good luck.
I was using Latisse last year, and after a few months I started having left eye pain and blurriness (it seems that many people on this forum experienced problems only with the left eye. Could there be some physiological explanation for that?). Also, although I get migraines anyway, the migraines started to originate from my left eye (ice pick feeling in the eye with pain radiating through the left side of my head down to my neck) and would last longer (sometimes 5 days or more instead of the usual two to three). I went to an eye doc and had retinal scans, etc., due to the blurriness/pain issue, but they couldn't find anything wrong. They did note that the vision in my left eye was much worse than my right, but they couldn't determine why. I told them about the headaches, but they couldn't find a connection. I mentioned the Latisse, thinking maybe there could be a connection, but they did not know of any reason why Latisse would cause such symptoms. I decided to stop using it just in case, and the symptoms eventually went away a month or two later. I didn't know for certain whether the Latisse was the cause of the symptoms, and started using it again a few months ago without any problems (this time I was only using it once or twice a week, though). I figured my earlier symptoms were thus not related to Latisse, but 6 days ago they returned. Same blurriness, eye pain and pressurr in my left eye, and migraine originating from my left eye. Again I was not sure if the Latisse caused it, although I had used it the night before the symptoms started. I didn't use it again until last night, at which point the migraine was nearly gone, and I woke up this morning with renewed horrible pain coming from my left eye. That's when I found this website. Thank goodness! Now I have no doubt. More doctors need to know about this so they can properly advise their patients. I'm surprised my eye doctors didn't know. I notified the plastic surgeon who I got it from, and he was grateful for the information. Hopefully I can get my eye back on track now. On a positive note, my eyelashes look fantastic! It will be sad to part with them, but definitely worth it.
I am so glad you contacted the Dr you got the Latissse from. I really believe it is the cause of these problems and they need to know. I also contacted my Dr and they had no idea about my problems with hedaches and neck pain. I told the nurse I would be happy to come in and talk to the Dr but he has not made an attempt to call me and talk but the nurse is going to talk with the drug rep. I told them to come to this site and read the complaintes. I would not use latisse if it was free. My migraines are not gone, but down to a 2 instead of a 10, but never leave and continue every day. Good luck and stay intouch so we can help other.

Thanks for your info/blog entry about Latisse and your eye. I have used Latisse for about 4+ months and it seems I may have had the same side effects you have had. My right eye has gone blurry. I too had many eye tests, scans, etc, and they couldn't really find much to pin this situation to. I have had a headache, only on the right side of my head, which is the same side as my blurry eye. I have stopped using the Latisee, and have scheduled myself into a corneal specialist to see if there are more tests to be done. Did you find anything else, like a swollen cornea/mis-shapened cornea? Did your eye suddenly stop seeing blurry? When they tested my eyes, no lens correction worked. It was blurry no matter what. Would love to know what you experienced. I am hoping the bluriness goes away!
Thanks much!

RAM, Please take time and call the FDA. They sent me paper work to fill out. They informed me that latisse can cause headaches, that is a side affect of the med. But never did I think it would get this bad. I suffered the same ear problems. Every 3 to 4 weeks I was at the ER until finally one Dr said I need to see an ENT. It wasn't until I woke up at midnight one night that I realized I had been using Latisse and found this web page. My sisters also use Latisse and have now stopped because I what I have gone through in the last year. Please stay intouch!! and thanks for taking the time to post as more may find their way here soon. I think this is just the beginning.
Thanks you so much for sharing this info. I have been struggling with headaches since starting Latisse, but never made the connections thinking it was allegies, which also cause me headaches. Recently the pain has become to severe I scheduled a dr. appt. However, as I started researching drugs I am taking I found this website. I know believe these headaches and also eye twitching are from Latisse. Thank you to all the women on this site for their honesty. I have discontinued all use. Hopefully, the symptoms will soon abate. Also, I've been experiencing body swelling and pain. Could this be the Latisse?
Thanks Geriwood. Hope you feel better also. I never had headaches prior to Latisse . Mine started with pain behind my left eye, and left side headache. Then in two weeks neck pain and all over head pain. The docs were saying i must have a sinus infection with tension headaches from a pulled muscle in my neck. LOL I was like, there is NO WAY a sinus infection can cause this bad of pain where I feel like I want to rip my head off ! They assured me it could. Iam just praying that the effects of this product did not do permenant damage to my eyes or anything. I even had wetness in my left ear... No ear infection ????? This stuff in DANGEROUS. Keep me informed. Good luck
RAM41, I know exactly what you are going through. I will never use Latisse again. I did call the FDA and the Dr who gave me Latisse. I informed them they really need to ask their patients about headaches and other problems before they just pass it out. I never listed it as a med as I did think of it as a beauty product like lancome. I have seen and ENT, Neuro Dr , had MRI of my brain, neck and shoulder. I do have herniated disk my neck but I really believe the Latisse made my problems worse. I too thought it was sinuses and on antibotices. Then the ENT said it was sinus migraines. Now I am going to a hospital in Chicago. Tired of messing around. I have gotten better after being off the latisse but it has been 5 weeks I think since Ihave not used it. Keep a journal. Hope you feel better soon.
For the last 4 weeks I have had the WORST headache and neck pain of my life to which made TWO trips into the hospital as I thought I must have had a brain tumor or something. I also had facial pain that felt like bruising when I would touch my face. Behind my left eye was HORRIBLE. I was told both times despite having no nasal drainage, or ear problems that it was a BAD SINUS infection. I was first puton Avelox then Augmentin. Neither helped. I was given pain killers and muscle relaxants. Nothing worked. I doubled up on motri and excedrin and had some relief. Never everdid think it could be LATISSE. Between antibiotics I forgot to apply the latisse for two days. Now that I look back, that was the two days my head was not so bad. So , since this second antibiotic was not working, I punched my syptoms into computer and found this page. WOW< other people have the same problems. I did use latisse last night so I am hoping now that I will NEVER use it again, that this HORRIBLE pain will go away. People should be warned.
After using Latisse for 3 months I experienced eye twitching and blurred vision. I stopped using the product and within 6 months a dark spot on my eye lid appeared and underneath a cyst had grown that had to be surgically removed.
Well, my headaches are finally calming down. They are still there just not a 5 on a scale of 1-5. My Dr gave me injectable Imitrex and something for dizzeness. I can't beleive what I have been through this last year. I have not used Latisse since I realized it was creating more problems. I did call the FDA and the Dr who gave me the Latisse and told them the Dr. need to ask when people come into pick up their Latisse they need to ask a few questions about headaches, eye pressure, twitching of eye or burning senscations. I just looked at latisse as a beauty product, not a med with lots of warnings.

I have been experiencing left eye twitching for a couple of months now and it occurred to me that it started happening the same time I started using Latisse. So tonight I researched it on the web and found these posts. I have also been having headaches and fatigue. I can't believe it could actually be related to this product but am going to discontinue use immediately to rule it out. I am thankful for all these posts.

I just can't believe it. I have a long story of migraines and neck pain from an accident in 97. This last year my pain has been so bad that I have been in the ER every month. I also suffer from sinuses on a regular basis. Every month I end up in the ER for my sinuses and headaches. Finally Sat the Dr told me I have to see an ENT because my sinuses are not infected and I need more test then he could do. Thankgoodness the ENT got me in on Monday. He ordered a CT scan and other test. With in 2 1/2 hrs he called and said I suffer from sinuse migraines and to go back to my Neuro Dr for meds and he would fax her over my results. I cried on the phone as I have suffered for over a year that I thought I was crazy and hated going to the Dr. Never did I mention I took Latisse on my med list since I did not think of it as a med. My neuro Dr kept asking me what I was doing that was different causing the neck to get worse and headaches. Last night at midnight it hit me to put in Latisse and migraines in the search eng and here I am. I am waiting to hear from my Neuro Dr now as to change my migraine meds. I stopped the Latisee to see what happens and was wondering how long before some of these side affects disapear?? No one on this board has said how long it took before they found releif. I can't thank you enough for this information as I thought I was dying. I had a MRI of my brain back in Dec so they were trying to figure this out for a long time. It just never occured to me it might be the Latisse. Thank you and any information to follow is helpful.
Use Latisse is the worst thing that happened to me in my life because I lost 50% or more of my sight. before using latis I had never suffered from vision problems or had worn glasses, five months after having used the nightmare called "Latisse" I start to wear glasses and my eyesight was deteriorating even more.Few weeks after you stop using Latisse feel like dirt in my eyes, pain in my eyelids, redness in my eyes and eyelids, and my view was clouded by moments.I thought it was a nightmare, but unfortunately it was'nt. I think the company should stop selling Latisse because there are millions of cases that have been sufering. Latisse has to take responsibility for the victims. they also deserve punishment for their irresponsibility.
I used Latisse last year and slowly starting developing a bulging vein on my upper eyelid near my tear duct. I now have to have this surgically removed/fixed. This is a dangerous drug and not worth the risks just to have long eyelashes.
just started using this product two nights ago and today I notice my left eye had pressure/pain. It really scared me. I read one post that "cathycapri" said, it caused her to lose some vision. Frankly, this "treatment" is not worth loss of vision no matter how little. I am going to quit using this product until after I see my eye doctor. And, I may decide not to use it at all. I will report this to the FDA as one person above suggested.
I have been experiencing dizziness since I started latisse and I have been using it for almost two weeks. Does anyone know if this will stop after using it for awhile? I know some medications have certain side effects that go away after prolonged use and I didn't know if this could be one of them? I was perfectly fine prior to using Latisse so I assume this has to be what is causing it?
I did not notice a dizziness but just a slight whiffty feeling,along with the headaches and soreness which is now gone. I did continue despite the darker redness and the headache left after about 20 days. I still have the darker under eye color, which I've always had, and to use concealer on anyway, but now must be more diligent on the area. After the 4th week, I may have imagined it but my lashes seemed longer. I'm now at week 8 (yesterday) and noticed darker ( the desired reason for use) and thicker and the bottom lashed are still blond but much longer and I didn't apply any solution to the lower lids at all and a few top lashes are very long,nearly touching the eyebrows. I have no side effects at all other than the darker under eye circles and the redness, which is really just more visible veins, I believe. The trick I found here on this blog and use is applying the solution with a eyeliner brush with one drop put into the cap of the bottle and it is the perfect amount without wasting it. The brushes provided are too large and the product drips onto the eyelid, causing itching and much more redness and iritation and waste...and then there is more of the chemicals on the skin and more reaction...