Botox Paralyzed 1/2 my Smile - Lexington, KY

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye...

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye troughs, hollows under my eyes, filled in. The doctor said the cheeks were what he thought needed filling. He injected 1 syringe, 1/2 syringe of Juvederm Voluma XC in each cheek $700. That looks good. He observed that I pull the corners of my mouth downward when I speak, so he injected Botox above and below my mouth $200. Two days later, my smile is crooked and my neck is pulling or flexing on one side but not the other. I look like I have Bell's palsy. I hope he can fix this tomorrow as I'm getting married in two months. I still want the hollows under my eyes filled in, except that I've read that it's really tricky, but that's why I chose a plastic surgeon.

Botox around the mouth was not worth it

I went back and had more Botox injected to try and even out my smile. It's even. My mouth is pretty much paralyzed. Articulating words is impeded and talking while smiling is impossible, and if I'm smiling, my teeth don't show at all. All I can do is hope it fully wears off quickly and evenly!!!

5 1//2 month update

Five and 1/2 months have passed and my speech is just now back to normal, but when I smile, my bottom teeth still aren't visible. We changed the wedding date to October in hopes that my smile will be back to normal and surely will be by then!

Smile before Botox injected around mouth

This is my normal smile before Botox. I'll post another picture from the wedding, when I feel my smile is normal again!

Smiling normally again!

My smile is fully restored! I am not making frowning expressions now, since botox broke my habit, which I am thankful for!
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waldman and Schantz Doctor and nurses were great.