Botox Paralyzed 1/2 my Smile - Lexington, KY

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye...

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye troughs, hollows under my eyes, filled in. The doctor said the cheeks were what he thought needed filling. He injected 1 syringe, 1/2 syringe of Juvederm Voluma XC in each cheek $700. That looks good. He observed that I pull the corners of my mouth downward when I speak, so he injected Botox above and below my mouth $200. Two days later, my smile is crooked and my neck is pulling or flexing on one side but not the other. I look like I have Bell's palsy. I hope he can fix this tomorrow as I'm getting married in two months. I still want the hollows under my eyes filled in, except that I've read that it's really tricky, but that's why I chose a plastic surgeon.

Botox around the mouth was not worth it

I went back and had more Botox injected to try and even out my smile. It's even. My mouth is pretty much paralyzed. Articulating words is impeded and talking while smiling is impossible, and if I'm smiling, my teeth don't show at all. All I can do is hope it fully wears off quickly and evenly!!!
Dr. Waldman

Waldman and Schantz Doctor and nurses were great.

I have been using botox for my crowsfeet for 15 years, since I was 40 and now I am 55. I've used 3 different doctors in all those years and never did one recommend it around my mouth for exactly that reason. If you ever choose to use it for your crowsfeet or forehead, I hope this horrible experience doesn't discourage you. However, 1. Find a new PS!! and 2. If you keep it up, you will stay wrinkle free!
At least the Botox will wear in a few months. Thanks for sharing.
my goodness, would you want to see another plastic surgeon? If not the botox does wear off in 2 months or so on me, it will probably be gone before your wedding day, I'll keep you in my prayers for that '-)
Oh my!  I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this, especially before your wedding.  I think you went back to the doctor today- what did he say?
The doctor injected more botox to try and paralyze the other side of my mouth on Monday, but today is Wednesday and no change. My speech is impeded and everyone stares when I speak. I don't think I'll risk injecting more and I think I'm finished with botox below the brow.
I'm sorry.  I wouldn't want to use it again, either.  Hopefully it fades out before your wedding so you can focus on getting married.