Botox Paralyzed 1/2 my Smile - Lexington, KY

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye...

I went to a plastic surgeon to have the eye troughs, hollows under my eyes, filled in. The doctor said the cheeks were what he thought needed filling. He injected 1 syringe, 1/2 syringe of Juvederm Voluma XC in each cheek $700. That looks good. He observed that I pull the corners of my mouth downward when I speak, so he injected Botox above and below my mouth $200. Two days later, my smile is crooked and my neck is pulling or flexing on one side but not the other. I look like I have Bell's palsy. I hope he can fix this tomorrow as I'm getting married in two months. I still want the hollows under my eyes filled in, except that I've read that it's really tricky, but that's why I chose a plastic surgeon.

my goodness, would you want to see another plastic surgeon? If not the botox does wear off in 2 months or so on me, it will probably be gone before your wedding day, I'll keep you in my prayers for that '-)
Oh my!  I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this, especially before your wedding.  I think you went back to the doctor today- what did he say?
The doctor injected more botox to try and paralyze the other side of my mouth on Monday, but today is Wednesday and no change. My speech is impeded and everyone stares when I speak. I don't think I'll risk injecting more and I think I'm finished with botox below the brow.

Botox around the mouth was not worth it

I went back and had more Botox injected to try and even out my smile. It's even. My mouth is pretty much paralyzed. Articulating words is impeded and talking while smiling is impossible, and if I'm smiling, my teeth don't show at all. All I can do is hope it fully wears off quickly and evenly!!!

Five and 1/2 months have passed and my speech is just now back to normal, but when I smile, my bottom teeth still aren't visible. We changed the wedding date to October in hopes that my smile will be back to normal and surely will be by then!
I think they make a serum that reverses the effects of Botox.. Check Into it & best of luck!!
I have been using botox for my crowsfeet for 15 years, since I was 40 and now I am 55. I've used 3 different doctors in all those years and never did one recommend it around my mouth for exactly that reason. If you ever choose to use it for your crowsfeet or forehead, I hope this horrible experience doesn't discourage you. However, 1. Find a new PS!! and 2. If you keep it up, you will stay wrinkle free!

5 1//2 month update

I just added this comment as an update to your review.  I'm glad your speech is back to normal.  I'm sorry you had to change your wedding date but hope your smile improves and you aren't as stressed about it now that you have a little more time.  Hang in there.
Poor thing! Thank goodness your speech is normal. It is so unusual for a 1st time injection to last so long. Stay positive now, as it WILL wear off in time for the wedding. Post us a picture again when you feel comfortable with yourself, so we can all see that beautiful smile! Maybe a wedding pic :-) Take care!
This is my normal smile, before botox. I'll post a picture from the wedding photos and compare.

Smile before Botox injected around mouth

This is my normal smile before Botox. I'll post another picture from the wedding, when I feel my smile is normal again!

There is something I don't understand. If the botox function is to paralize muscles and you got some muscles paralized due this procedure, how in heaven could you think that a solution about it is injecting more botox? Come on, is common sense! The first one wasn't your fault.. but the second one I'm sorry to say it was! Anyways and luckly the effects of botox will disappear and I hope you are not suffering because no one deserves it. Just hold on a couple or months or so and everything will be as before! Hope you have a great wedding
The second injection was necessary to even out my face, so I didn't look like I had Bells Palsy.
are you recovered?
Dr. Waldman

Waldman and Schantz Doctor and nurses were great.