Eyebrow Hair Transplant, Yes, Eyebrow - Layton, UT

I have always had thin eyebrows with nothing on...

I have always had thin eyebrows with nothing on the outer third. I became an expert in penciling them in and even tried to tattoo them (NOT suggested-or do some major research). After years of "putting my face on" every single morning and thinking this was just my fate, I read about eyebrow hair transplants. I did my research and had many consultations before deciding on Dr. Bitner. He had the right attitude and the right experience.

The procedure itself was easy enough to get through. I had some pretty ugly swelling and bruising afterwards. I had been on some blood thinners, so I don't think it would have been as bad otherwise. The worst of it was gone in 10 days. I wore hats to help disguise for the first month then went back to my everyday routine.

Bitner had told me that it would be at least 6 months until there would be noticable hair growth. He was wrong. By two months, I had eyebrows. By 4 months, I didnt have to fill in gaps with pencil. By 6 months, I have full beautiful brows that I have to trim. I do have to use a little product to train and tame them and I trim them 2-3 times a month. It is head hair, so it will grow as long as you let it. Small price to pay to avoid having to draw my eyebrows on every day.

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bitner for this procedure. He took into account the angle of every piece of hair, which was around 600 total, and was always available and happy to answer any questions along the way. I am definitely using him for any future procedures.

It's been almost one year since the transplant. ...

It's been almost one year since the transplant. I'm so glad I did it. I can pluck, trim, and shape just like you would normally. I trim them about once every other week. It's kind of awesome that they grow so fast-if I make a mistake, it's resolved itself in about a week.
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How soon did you notice a difference? At the 20 day mark?
im so glad i found someone who has done this procedure. im in the same boat as foxy8342. I have thin sparse brows and have recently tatooed them with the feather like stroke technique. i do have some hair already but want to fill them in with more hair and make them thicker. how did ur brows look right after the procedure? did you have a lot of reddness or swelling?
Your results are amazing! I am looking into this procedure and I too (regrettably) have my brows currently tattooed on. I'm curious if they had to removed the tattoos first? Or did you have to have the tattoos removed prior?
hi! i just had an eyebrow 'transplant' 20days ago! so great to find a post about it. you you fab. i went for much fewer hairs as i have small features. anyway, if you're still looking at these posts, i'd love to know if you had any issues with little tiny blister/raised bumps resembling goosebumps? my Dr. (a top guy in his field here in new york city) says it's normal. but as you know it's a little nerve racking going through this at first. the hairs are falling out as they're expected to, but i was not expecting pink shiny bumps in their place! bummer. I am still very excited about future brows...just wondering if you went through this stage and if so, how long it lasted. thank you!!! Lex
Omg!! This is amazing!! You look stuning! Do u feel like your life became better after the transplat?
The results are amazing!! I had no idea this was possible. I'm going to look into this. Thick eyebrows await! Thanks for sharing.
Wow looks good I want this so bad
Looks great I did not know this could be done.I have a thyroid condition an I have lost almost all of my brows thanks for your post
Hello there, 1st of all thank you for sharing your experience! I've been seriously thinking about this procedure for quite a while. The phrase "putting my face on" just reminded me of myself. My question is a bit similar to the previous one. But I want to know exactly how bad would they look right after the surgery? And how long would it take to look normal so you can go back to work without freaking people out? Thanks in advance :))
I don't know how i got here from the rhinoplasty section but thank you for sharing! They look incredible! I didn't even know there was such a thing, but now i can feel obsession brewing! I have no eyebrows myself and have tried everything to grow them back, nothing works. Do you mind me asking what they look like straight after? I know you said it takes a while, but do they look a mess while they're healing or are they ok? I would give anything for your eyebrows!! :)
They will have swelling, bruising, and little scabs where each hair is placed. I would suggest a full week off, but I am also a pro at swelling/bruising.
melissasue: how was you scar in the back of your head is it big?..how bad was the pain during the procedure?
I don't ever comment on pain because pain tolerance is so different from person to person. The scar is there but I never think about it. I wear my hair long so I don't think anyone but my hair girl ever sees it. I was just in and she said that it's barely noticeable and is starting to grow little baby hairs. it's a few inches long but thin. I'm sure size depends on how many transplants are needed. I also understand that there is a different way to harvest than the linear scar, but have not looked into it as I am done with my procedure and very happy.
Yes, my total price was 3000. It has been a little over a year now. I pluck a few little strays here and there and trim them 1-2x per week. It took a minute for me to really figure them out since the hair is completely different. I use a gel or a wax on them, depending on daily activities, to help keep them in place. As time goes on, they are becoming "trained" and don't require quite as much. I use a little bit of pencil to perfect them. They require maintenance but I am so completely happy with them. I would 100% recommend this and Dr. Bitner. I love having hair instead of makeup for eyebrows!
WAS 3000 YOUR TOTAL PRICE ?....
I contacted Dr Bitners office and got a quote and indeed it was $3,000 for all. He said he would make them as thick as I would like them. Nice Dr and nice staff. Considering going there in the fall when I have a few more dollars saved. In the Dallas area the doctors are charging around $7,000. I found a Dr in Seattle who charges $3,000 as well.
Oh wow that's great are u going back for more hit transplanted to your brows?...who I the dr in Seattle that charge 3000?
I have not had my eyebrows done by Dr Bitner-- yet. I am planning on that in the fall. I looked back on the quote and for everything it was $3150. Dr Mangubut in Seattle is at La Belle Vie Cosmetic Surgery and the price on the internet for eyebrows is $2,875. As I said not bad, as the Dallas area docs are charging $7,000 or more. I also found a clinic--Reveert Hair Restoration Clinic in Guadalajara, Mexico that uses the FUE technique as well and charges $1,000 dollars total. They have videos on YouTube of the procedure and after. Jessica the coordinator is very helpful, as I have emailed her back and forth... Hope this helps.
Hi melissasue. You look great. Isn't it awesome having actual hair coming from your eyebrows instead of pencils! I love my eyebrows now and would do it over and over again.
It's so amazing how much I subconsciously worried about my penciled eyebrows rubbing, sweating, or fading off each day. I don't even think of my eyebrows after putting my makeup on now. I agree, zero regrets.
Thank you. I am considering this option. I had by eyebrows tattooed a year ago and am displeased. Very displeased. The tattoo artist encouraged me to go above my natural brow line, when the first thing I told him is I want to keep them looking as 'natural' as possible. BUT I ended up listening to me, as my Mother and my daughter were there encouraging me as well, that it 'looked good'. So I now have faded ink that is turning red on half of my brow. My scant natural brow still grows, so I have to shave off or it looks like I have two brows above each eye. I hate that OVER half of each of my eyebrows is hairless and is just tattooed on. It looks so funny to me in pictures because one side is darker than the other. So I dont get my pictures taken anymore. The tattooed on eyebrow look --without any hair is not my style, believe me! I went and had one laser treatment a month ago and it was expensive and the brow color actually looks darker. That was a waste of time and money. Anyways. I told my husband maybe I could just get a hair transplant a week ago, as a sorta joke, but then I researched it and see it is a possibility and MORE natural and LESS expensive than laser. Thank you for your review. I am considering where I should go for this. Rose

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I actually haven't ever seen an eyebrow transplant review. It's really interesting and I'm glad it worked out so well for you!

Funny, right? I am going to try to get some pictures uploaded. It makes such a huge difference.

It would be awesome to see some before/after pics. You may be our first ever eyebrow transfer! :-)