Eyebrow Hair Transplant, Yes, Eyebrow - Layton, UT

I have always had thin eyebrows with nothing on...

I have always had thin eyebrows with nothing on the outer third. I became an expert in penciling them in and even tried to tattoo them (NOT suggested-or do some major research). After years of "putting my face on" every single morning and thinking this was just my fate, I read about eyebrow hair transplants. I did my research and had many consultations before deciding on Dr. Bitner. He had the right attitude and the right experience.

The procedure itself was easy enough to get through. I had some pretty ugly swelling and bruising afterwards. I had been on some blood thinners, so I don't think it would have been as bad otherwise. The worst of it was gone in 10 days. I wore hats to help disguise for the first month then went back to my everyday routine.

Bitner had told me that it would be at least 6 months until there would be noticable hair growth. He was wrong. By two months, I had eyebrows. By 4 months, I didnt have to fill in gaps with pencil. By 6 months, I have full beautiful brows that I have to trim. I do have to use a little product to train and tame them and I trim them 2-3 times a month. It is head hair, so it will grow as long as you let it. Small price to pay to avoid having to draw my eyebrows on every day.

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bitner for this procedure. He took into account the angle of every piece of hair, which was around 600 total, and was always available and happy to answer any questions along the way. I am definitely using him for any future procedures.

It's been almost one year since the transplant. ...

It's been almost one year since the transplant. I'm so glad I did it. I can pluck, trim, and shape just like you would normally. I trim them about once every other week. It's kind of awesome that they grow so fast-if I make a mistake, it's resolved itself in about a week.
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Did Dr. Bitner use FUE or the strip method for harvesting your grafts?
Oh my GOSH! Your eyebrows are a thing of beauty. I can't believe that's a transplant. They are perfect. You look so beautiful!
Thanks so much for your review, melissasue. I'm having an eye transplant this month at a clinic that uses the FUE method - supposedly, it's the least invasive method. I can't wait - I've always had VERY sparse brows, and I've had them tattooed 3 times - god what a mess AND a pain that was! The tattooists never got them the right shape, the procedure was VERY painful and the brows faded in months! I'm so done with that. So I'm going the transplant route. Wish me luck!
Oops, I meant "eyebrow", not "eye". Yikes! :P
I don't know if my last comment will post, but I was commenting that I too went to Dr. Bitner. He is amazing. I got mine done and I am at the 6 month PO. I am in the "training" process. Any advice? I keep trimming them because they stick straight out, then I load up on wax. They still are crazy. They look amazing after doing them up with a little Dipbrow and I use hair spray to keep them under control. Any help, advice...anything, would be great!!!
Hmmm, yes. Mine too. I've used all sorts of different gels, sprays and waxes. When they are longer, they are easier to "direct". It's been about 2 years and mine aren't any more trained than when I began. Right now, I'm using Sephora's brow gel with Model in a Bottle Brow (like a hairspray) on top of it. I then brush it down into place. It's a really good hold but can be heavy. Still looking for the perfect hold. Let me know if you find it.
O.k. So I have been watching all sorts of Youtube videos and my attempt to train is, I am using wax at night. I load up on it....like LOAD up on it and I'm putting medical tape over them. Haha! I know they look funny, but the wax should train them and the tape keeps them against the skin tight. Hopefully it works....and even if they are a little crazy, it's better than what I had.
i saw your photo i must say you look amazing! i did eyebrow transplant too few days back i'm confident about the outcome but in the process kinda scary. I am not confident as of now. When my transplanted hair falls off how will my eyebrows be? will they be completely naked and full or pores?
Is it normal for the brows to stick straight out? I have consulted a few doctors and they told me that if the graft is placed at the right angle that it will grow in the same direction as your eyebrow hair.
I got mine done by Dr. Layton too!!! I am IN love with them....but, I can't get a hold of training them. Did you by chance let them grow longer or keep them short while training them? Mine are sticking out off my face and I use wax, hair spray...you name it!! What did you use?? Any advice on the training part, I'd love it!! Thanks tons. Dr. Bitner is AMAZING!!
How soon did you notice a difference? At the 20 day mark?
I'd say month 3-4 I noticed the brows starting to come in. Then month 5-6 they blew up! haha
im so glad i found someone who has done this procedure. im in the same boat as foxy8342. I have thin sparse brows and have recently tatooed them with the feather like stroke technique. i do have some hair already but want to fill them in with more hair and make them thicker. how did ur brows look right after the procedure? did you have a lot of reddness or swelling?
For me personally, I was a mess right after. I was SO swollen and looked funny for a week and still had a lot of redness, blistering, scabs and funky brows for a month after, but I still went out and did my thing....no one seemed to care or notice. BUT, it was worth it. :-)
Your results are amazing! I am looking into this procedure and I too (regrettably) have my brows currently tattooed on. I'm curious if they had to removed the tattoos first? Or did you have to have the tattoos removed prior?
I am not the person who posted, but I had eyebrow transplants done. You can probably call the office you'd be going to and ask. I assume they'd just use the tattoo as a guide and transplant over it.
My tattoo placement was not the shape I wanted so I had mine removed first. They can implant right on top of the tattoo. No need to remove it prior to the procedure.
hi! i just had an eyebrow 'transplant' 20days ago! so great to find a post about it. you you fab. i went for much fewer hairs as i have small features. anyway, if you're still looking at these posts, i'd love to know if you had any issues with little tiny blister/raised bumps resembling goosebumps? my Dr. (a top guy in his field here in new york city) says it's normal. but as you know it's a little nerve racking going through this at first. the hairs are falling out as they're expected to, but i was not expecting pink shiny bumps in their place! bummer. I am still very excited about future brows...just wondering if you went through this stage and if so, how long it lasted. thank you!!! Lex
Totally normal!!! You may be past that point already....and should start seeing brows coming through now. :-)
Omg!! This is amazing!! You look stuning! Do u feel like your life became better after the transplat?
The results are amazing!! I had no idea this was possible. I'm going to look into this. Thick eyebrows await! Thanks for sharing.
Wow looks good I want this so bad
Looks great I did not know this could be done.I have a thyroid condition an I have lost almost all of my brows thanks for your post
Hello there, 1st of all thank you for sharing your experience! I've been seriously thinking about this procedure for quite a while. The phrase "putting my face on" just reminded me of myself. My question is a bit similar to the previous one. But I want to know exactly how bad would they look right after the surgery? And how long would it take to look normal so you can go back to work without freaking people out? Thanks in advance :))
I don't know how i got here from the rhinoplasty section but thank you for sharing! They look incredible! I didn't even know there was such a thing, but now i can feel obsession brewing! I have no eyebrows myself and have tried everything to grow them back, nothing works. Do you mind me asking what they look like straight after? I know you said it takes a while, but do they look a mess while they're healing or are they ok? I would give anything for your eyebrows!! :)