Dr. Scott Thompson Facelift Review

My motivation for a face lift was primarily due to...

My motivation for a face lift was primarily due to premature aging. The age I felt inside did not match the age that I saw when I looked in the mirror. I looked matronly, with a sagging jaw line and neck, bags under my eyes, and an overall tiredness to my face. I didn't feel good about the way I looked, and given the fact that I would be re-entering the workforce, I was concerned about ageism in hiring. So for those reasons I decided to give my face a "reboot".
Dr. Thompson performed a reconstructive surgery on my face in 2007 after I had skin cancer removed. He did an amazing job restoring my face; therefore he was the ONLY doctor I would trust with my face. He specializes in faces, which I feel is very important in selecting a surgeon for a face lift, which is such an intricate and noticeable surgery.
I had my face lift in March, and in addition I had my eyelids done, liposuction under the chin, and a chin implant to prevent further aging lines from occurring in the future. I also had fillers in my lips and marionette lines. I'm SO pleased with the outcome because it took years off of my face without changing my overall look, and there are no visible scars anywhere. I didn't want to look any differently, but rather refreshed and younger. My neck and jawline was restored, my eyes look "open", and I look like a young woman again!

1 year post facelift

I'm one year out now, and this was the best gift I've ever given myself. I'm so happy with my results, which have gotten better with more time. I went back 6 months post-op and got a chemical peel to address the texture and pigmentation issues that a facelift doesn't fix. I love Dr. Thompson's work and would not let anyone else touch my face!
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Scott Thompson for any procedures of the face and neck. He's exceptionally skilled, ethical, professional, and personable in all interactions. He listens and is honest about outcomes and results.

Thanks for the update -- what beautiful results!
Thank you!
The difference in the b4 and after is very impressive! You must be thrilled. Wondered what kind of facelift did you have and what kind of chem peel did you have/ how was the recovery from that?
great result, you look noticeable younger and refreshed.
The first word that came to me was "unreal'. You look fabulous and must be so happy. I feel the same that it is also important in how appearance has some impact in the work arena these days. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! :)
That's amazing!
Thank you! :)

Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf! Your results are sublime. Do you have any recovery tips for others about to embark on a similar facelift journey?

Hmm, I would say to remain calm when you see yourself for the first couple of weeks because there is a lot of swelling and black eyes! Also, make sure everything is stocked up so you can remain home for the first couple of weeks, because being out in public isn't really an option! lol!!