31 Year Old, 2 Yo and One on the Way - Launceston, Tasmania

I've always had a crookered smile and wanted to...

I've always had a crookered smile and wanted to get it fixed for ages. I first looked into Invisalign ages ago but needed quite a few root canals before process could start. But I have got here and I am on my first tray of 44! Will be a long road ahead and have to get a tooth extracted but can't wait to see the results!

Tray 3 and not happy

Ok so everything had been going fine for my first four weeks. No problems at all. Went into the ortho to get my new trays and some attachments. The dental hygienist was extremely rough and cut my gums to spreads during this procedure, glue was literally stuck to everything. I have an attachment on every single tooth (some I have two). After an hour she gives me my new set of trays - top ones fit fine. When she goes to put on the bottom one and realizes they have been made incorrectly. I am supposed to be missing a tooth. She goes to tell the ortho, he is out of the office. They decide to make up an ill fitting retainer for me that literally cuts into my gums and makes them very sore. I get a call later saying all my Invisalign have been made with my tooth extracted therefore I have no option but to get it pulled out ASAP. So after week and a half I am able to get into dentist to get my tooth pulled. I was instructed to put retainer back on after this and then put in my Invisalign tomorrow. Everytime I went to put my retainer in my missing tooth bled profusely all day so had no choice but to put in retainer that night. I woke up and put my Invisalign in as instructed (after brushing, flossing etc) and it's caning my teeth a lot extremely tight and sore. As well as these dramas it is clear my mouth is very stressed out I haven't had a coldsore for about ten years but as soon as I got my Invisalign I have had three consecutively! Not fun
Tasmanian orthodontist

Very professional and thorough. Identified issues with my teeth before starting treatment that needed to be resolved. Nice clinic and very understanding. I pay $2500 upfront and $240 per months for 25 months.

Oh no!  I'm so sorry this happened this way for you.  Perhaps a combination of stress and irritation are causing the flare-ups.  Is there anything that you can take for that?  It's bad enough having to get used to attachments and new aligners without the bother of cold sores as well!  I certainly hope your experience with this office was a one-off, and that you can complete the rest of your aligners in peace.

Do you have attachments on literally every single tooth?  Because we have two users who do, or close.  They have been commiserating over how to deal with so many attachments.  They are called, 28attachments and Kazzalou (who has 27 attachments).  The links will take you to their reviews if you're interested in meeting them.

I hope you heal quickly from the sores and that the rest is smooth sailing!
oh no! how could they not have scheduled your tooth extraction on time? :( hope the pain subsides for ya!
Hey!  How have things been going?  Are you into your next tray yet?
Congratulations on finally getting to do this for yourself!!  We have quite a few Aussies on here now, and a large number of them are using AcceleDent.  Is that in your plan as well?  44 trays is definitely a significant number--more than most in the community will be going through.  Do you know how many attachments you'll be getting?

I'll pass you along some links for other Aussies' reviews, but everyone is super friendly, and if you have others you'd like to meet, let me know!  We also have looooooots of people working on crowding :D.

These are the Aussies:  brosegr, Nadinelliana, CJ13, SophieD, Astrodog21, littleoz, Crooky24, Sunluvva, smilemelb, Dante555 and Malnic.  Some of them should be nearly done, while others are quite new, and everywhere in between!
Thanks heaps for that, this site is great. And yeah after my first four weeks I will get my attachments and I will have them on most of my teeth unfortunately! Oh well I am just glad I can get them done at all really ;)
And no I actually had never heard of acceledent before. There aren't a heap of options down here in Tasmania and we are a bit slow in keeping up with the rest of the world.
It's really expensive anyway.  It was just for a while there when all of the new Aussies got AcceleDent.  But the newest lately haven't had it either.  I certainly didn't use it.  Far fewer people use it than don't :).