Kinda Sorry I Did It -Latham, NY

I wanted to look better but now think I might have...

I wanted to look better but now think I might have made a mistake. Really too soon to tell. It's the puckering around the eyes and the weird way that I look that scares me. I don't look like me at this point. Had upper a d lower bleph, bilateral below eye fat graft and neck/lower face lift. Hoping eyes smooth out and I look less stretched in months to come

You just gave me great relief. I'll hang in there and hope it gets better with time.
Yes:)! Me too. I'm choosing to be positive no matter what! Thank you for your comment:)
I hear you, dalette. Had an upper bleph in late June, '13, and have had complications. My left eye doesn't shut completely (hardly obvious but to me) and I think I look freaky. Also, vision is a little blurry in that eye. If I could go back to my heavy-lidded look, I'd do it in a second.

Eyelid surgery

Hello all, feeling better now about myself. Looking more like myself but definitely still feel "stiff" and puffy in the face. Having said that there has been vast improvement and I'm less scared about my decision to change myself. Talked with my physicians nurse and sent email pix to her. That helped a lot! Still hoping for daily improvement and so grateful to all who have encouraged and supported me on this web site. Such a blessing to have the opportunity to share and receive with you all. XO

Thrilled to hear it! It does take time! I'm still feeling improvement too, even after eight weeks. Saw a second surgeon yesterday, who told me that I'm healing on schedule. But he did say that I'll need lower blepharoplasty within a few years because my lower lids are "loose". Why didn't my original surgeon notice that? But anyway, happy for you. And happy for this website, which gives great mental relief and a feeling of not being alone in anxiety.
Thank you so much!! I'm starting to think the "final product" of how my face will be is going to take a year or so to emerge based on what I've read. And you are right this journey has been full of ups and downs with anxiety always close by. But I'm still choosing to be positive:)!

Better and better

Hello all, I'm so happy to report that I am feeling and looking better and better with every passing day. This has been quite a journey even though I thought I had prepared myself. So if any of you are struggling take heart. Talk with others here and also with your surgeon. Plus I think it's true that letting go of the old self is difficult even though I chose to change myself.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Latham Plastic Surgeon