Kinda Sorry I Did It -Latham, NY

I wanted to look better but now think I might have...

I wanted to look better but now think I might have made a mistake. Really too soon to tell. It's the puckering around the eyes and the weird way that I look that scares me. I don't look like me at this point. Had upper a d lower bleph, bilateral below eye fat graft and neck/lower face lift. Hoping eyes smooth out and I look less stretched in months to come

Eyelid surgery

Hello all, feeling better now about myself. Looking more like myself but definitely still feel "stiff" and puffy in the face. Having said that there has been vast improvement and I'm less scared about my decision to change myself. Talked with my physicians nurse and sent email pix to her. That helped a lot! Still hoping for daily improvement and so grateful to all who have encouraged and supported me on this web site. Such a blessing to have the opportunity to share and receive with you all. XO

Better and better

Hello all, I'm so happy to report that I am feeling and looking better and better with every passing day. This has been quite a journey even though I thought I had prepared myself. So if any of you are struggling take heart. Talk with others here and also with your surgeon. Plus I think it's true that letting go of the old self is difficult even though I chose to change myself.
Latham Plastic Surgeon

Goog

Thrilled to hear it! It does take time! I'm still feeling improvement too, even after eight weeks. Saw a second surgeon yesterday, who told me that I'm healing on schedule. But he did say that I'll need lower blepharoplasty within a few years because my lower lids are "loose". Why didn't my original surgeon notice that? But anyway, happy for you. And happy for this website, which gives great mental relief and a feeling of not being alone in anxiety.
Thank you so much!! I'm starting to think the "final product" of how my face will be is going to take a year or so to emerge based on what I've read. And you are right this journey has been full of ups and downs with anxiety always close by. But I'm still choosing to be positive:)!
You just gave me great relief. I'll hang in there and hope it gets better with time.
Yes:)! Me too. I'm choosing to be positive no matter what! Thank you for your comment:)
I hear you, dalette. Had an upper bleph in late June, '13, and have had complications. My left eye doesn't shut completely (hardly obvious but to me) and I think I look freaky. Also, vision is a little blurry in that eye. If I could go back to my heavy-lidded look, I'd do it in a second.
Oh?!? Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm just gonna stay strong and hope I improve but no more cosmetic surgery for me. I really hope you get better too. I'm not opting for any touch ups at this point. Thank you so much for sharing:)
It DID improve over the last eight weeks, ever so slowly, and as the swelling goes down, so does my remorse. Hoping the same for you. My surgeon said that I scarred more heavily than most people.
Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'm really hoping to improve also. Soooooo I'm choosing to be as positive as I can be. Glad to hear things are looking up for you. Bless you for your kindness:)
I don't mean to be nosy but how old are you. We don't heal the same as we age
Hang in there. We all heal differently and the healing is biologically more difficult the older we get. I'm only 51, strong and healthy but I haven't healed as quickly as those just 5 years younger than me. Age really does make a difference. I feel a little weird because I look different also but it's definitely a good thing, just.....different. We all miss our old selves somewhat.
Thank you so much for your encouragement and kindness:). I'm choosing to be positive no matter what:). Again thank you so much for your time and concern.

Thanks for sharing.  Did it really cost 20 grand or is that a typo?

20 for the bilateral bleph, brow lift, fat grafting, and lower face lift. This included the anesthesia and the OR costs. The total package. Too much huh?

Ah, gotcha.  I was thinking just the upper and lower bleph.  I'm no expert on how much all that would cost, but when you add in the lift and grafting it sounds better!  Keep us posted in the updates!

Idk Hope I got a decent price. Thanks for your info!!

I'm sure you did.  I noticed you said you were having blurry vision- the same thing happened to me after a lower bleph.  For me it went away after a couple months, I think it was just the impact of the swelling on my tear ducts.  It is going to take at least six months for everything to settle, I hope you get the results you were looking for.

Hey thank you for the much needed info. I'm choosing to be positive/brave. This journey is making me stronger and more accepting of others and myself. I have a whole new compassion for those of us who are "less than perfect". Take care and again thank you so much for your thoughts. :)