Doctors Won't Admit to the Damage of Lasers and IPL - Tampa, FL

Dr. increased level from 18 to 19 on 2nd visit...

Dr. increased level from 18 to 19 on 2nd visit which burned me. I am now left with deep creased scars.

Everything went great until i was burned on second visit. She said that it was impossible for lasers especially IPL to do this. Gave me a refund of half my money which does not even begin to cover the money spent trying to fix the damage. If you decide to take this crap shoot take your own photos front and both sides of face in outside and inside light. Make sure they keep the level low as possible and wait at least 4 weeks min.between visits. Much of my damage showed up after several weeks and continues to degrade the texture and tone of my skin. I would never want anyone I care about to take this chance. It is my belief someday the medical profession will need to admit to the damage. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS IT IS NOT WORTH THE CHANCE OF ERROR.

Who is the doctor, please?
Dr. Anithia Reddy on Linebaugh. She denied it even when I brought my own photos. She claims she was very experienced, heads training classes etc. Refused damage was done. Said I was too picky, and showed me the door, and told me she would not continue with me.
Really doesn't matter the doctors experience many have been damaged from plastic surgeons also . Read dr.911 on how their are so many unknown factors for the long term results on the DNA to your skin. If I had been honestly warned I would have not done this procedure because the damage gets worse not better with time.
Have you ever thought about suing that Dr Reddy for damaging your skin ?
I'm sorry. I can totally sympathize with you. It's a shame they do this to you and then deny it and never follow up with you again. I think it's criminal. I really do.
No when I got my records she altered them and put 18-20 for level the handwriting does not even look the same. I have lived in three different states and Florida in my own personal experience has had the worst doctors. Many are not from this state which makes you wonder what did they do in other states before they ended up here. I think those that have actual "grill marks" from the had of the laser has the easiest case to prove. I have records and photos but she said it was something that was unique to me which I don't believe but I feel the courts would rather dismiss. It is a very stressful situation
I'm sorry. I know it's very frustrating. I'm in the same boat. It's been over a year. Some days I still get very angry about it though. I sent the PA who lasered an email today. I don't want her to forget what she did to me. But I want her to think real hard before she gambled with someone else's face. I'm going back to give her pictures of my face too. We've messaged before so it should still be saved. I changed my username recently. I hope your doing well and seeing some good progress. I might post my own story up here soon. I'm just about ready.
I guess I would feel less upset if they doctor would even admit it could happen. To look at my skin and say I do not see anything wrong. I am sure she was scared but really it just insult to injury as the saying goes. So true to kick me to the curb and not offer any help after is criminal. Just wish we could bring the negatives the true and complete negatives along with all the hype would be an accomplishment. I pray it happens
Who is the doctor?
Posted photos for you! :-)
I live in Tampa and am looking for a doctor who offers ipl. What was the name of this doctor so I know not to go to them
Hi, I have the same damage as you from IPL. My skin looks the same. Have you seen any improvements?
You know it has been exactly 2 years ago. It is weird things will get better than all of sudden a week goes by and I see more damage. I hope it has stopped but it seems like one step forward, and two steps back. I hate doing a chemical peel but I have gone organic inside and out for two years with very little improvement. I will not have laser ever again but I will try dermrolling and a chemical peel. Slow and easy so afraid of further damage. I have found a natural skin brightner in an Arbonne skin brightner has really helped after about a month with the brown patches made worse by IPL. I will post back in two weeks to let you know about texture improvement
Who was the doctor that you went to in Tampa? You can email me if you want.
Yep, and my warning to everyone: NEVER HAVE ANY PROCEDURES DONE ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA!!!!!! The reason why there are so many doctors in Florida is because it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to sue a doctor for malpractice in Florida. And, Malpractice insurance is so cheap for them because they are so legally protected.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story. It is unfortunate that lasers in under trained hands can have such poor outcomes.

Please keep us posted on what changes you see in your skin.

Oh imsorry2now, that's my exact skin at 33 when I finished my ips sessions and it hasn't gotten any better. I think almost 2 years later it has finally settled for now, but I know I can't go back. I pray that no one does any kind of lasers/ipls until more research is done and these companies are regulated.