Hair is Gone, but Now a Sweaty Mess! - Miami

So far, I have received 9 treatments for almost my...

So far, I have received 9 treatments for almost my entire body - legs, bikini, butt cheeks, underarms, upper lip, and chin. Things were going great, and my hair was really going away and everything was great...until the sweating began. Nobody warned me that this would be a side effect, and i can't even find info on it now as i research it.

When i say sweating, I mean everywhere! My entire legs now sweat, which never happened before. Sometimes I even have to re-iron my dress pants before leaving the house. When wearing shorts, sometimes I notice sweat marks around my crotch! Sooo embarrassing! That area definitely sweats all the time now, but every once in awhile, it will actually sweat through my clothes. And there's no stopping the sweat from my underarms! it's like turning on a water faucet every day! I am also constantly wiping sweat from my upper lip and chin.

Don't get me wrong, i am very pleased with the results of the hair removal. My body is very smooth and i don't worry about the ingrown hairs anymore. But geez, i certainly didn't realize that i would end up having to deal with this sweating issue! The ladies that perform the hair removal say they haven't heard of such a thing. I asked about Botox, but they wouldn't recommend that b/c it is very expensive, painful, and only lasts for months at a time. I don't know what to do, but just hoping that over time, my hair pores shrink up now that hair isn't coming through them, and maybe this will decrease the sweating.

Ideal Image

This place gave me a pretty good deal on my treatment, and it came with the lifetime guarantee. I am pleased with the results, but just wish the sweat was not a problem now, which is no fault of theirs.

I have exactly the same problem! Please keep me posted with possible cures. I am trying EVERYTHING as well, and nothing works! PLEASE HELP!!! Before laser I was a less-than-average sweater. Now I am the stinky person in the office!!! It is terrible!!!!
Has anyone fixed this problem yet?? I had 8 laser sessions on my under arms & Brazilian 2 years ago and I sweat badly now (nothing before hand) I can use rexona clinical for underarms but the tops of my legs sweat badly :-( I will never tell anyone to have laser I regret ever doing it. And drs still say they are not connected in any way I have found if I let the hair grow it's not as bad if I shave it off then it's terrible.....
I just read your excessive sweating issue, I know you wrote this a few years ago but was wondering if you found a cure for odor or something that worked. A couple months ago I had my first underarm laser treatment, I did notice tat hair grows a lot slower since. However, I am now experiencing strong underarm odor which I never had. Prior to laser odor was occasionally there (not strong) and only on very hot days. Ewww... Not a good feeling.
Thanks for all the comments and replies... after talking to 3 different Drs, the last one prescribed me an anti fungal cream with is similar to the athlete's foot someone mentioned. Been using it for 3 days and it has be wonderful. I also used drysol for 2 nights and so far been super happy with the results. I was suffering with the excessive sweating and change in underarm odour for months, close to a year. I will keep you updated but for those having the same issue, it is most likely an infection which won't go away with baking soda powder, vinegar, etc.
i had 4 sessions of Brazilian and underarm treatments about a year ago. Ever since i have noticed to have a much strong odour under my arms. However haven't noticed any changes in the Brazilian area. I have also had full legs and arms done about 4,5 years ago, the machine was different and painful but the treatment was effective and didnt notice any side effects. Im wondering if sun exposure might have had something to do with the change in the odor scent under my arms. since i didnt use sunscreen under my arms after the treatment. I have been using alcohol, antibacterial soap, hydrogen Peroxide,etc to keep the odor under control. Very frustrating and depressing so far. Hopefully we can find a way to solve this issue.
There is too much evidence to say that they are not related. To all of those experiencing odor and sweat. Please take a trip to the dermatologists office and first check for fungal infection. If you have that big of an odor issue : fungus is most likely the culprit. I have switched over to organic cider vinegar to help control the sweat and odor and I have a little bit of success. I take a papertowel and wipe on organic cider vinegar under my arms and bikini line before taking a shower and let it dry (20 min). Take a regular shower and dry thoroughly before I put on clothes or deodorant. I've noticed a 50-75% reduction in issues for the day (yup every day) when I do this. I'm sure it would work better if I didn't wash it off, but I couldn't handle the smell of that either.... Please let me know what you think. Also, if you don't want to go to the derm, buy some super strong athletes foot cream (at least 2%) and try that yourself. I still recommend the derm though.
i dont see any signs of fungus infections ( redness, flakiness, dry patches, etc). The area does look a litle bit darker but aside from the change in the odor my underarms look normal. I did go to a walk in clinic and the dr said it looks normal and wouldnt do anything about it also called a dermatalogist and the secretary said shes not sure if the Dr can actually help me with the issue. I'm gonna go see another Dr tomorrow and convince them to do prescribe some anti bacterial meds or do some tests and hopefully the problem is a temporary bacterial infection or something and not a permanent change or damage to my udnerarms.
Now that i think i do recall having a minor vag infection which caused odor and no pain. When i did my Pap test the Dr prescribed some vaginal cream for 6 days and the odor was gone so im hoping its the same case with my under arms as well.
The odor is a symptom. The anti fungal cream has worked for me and 4 other people I know.... But the underlying problem is tha pubic hair is there for a reason . If you had no eyelashes or eyebrows you'd probably get conjunctivitis all the time. The pubic hair had a purpose. Drs that say it isn't related either haven't been shown enough proof or are incentivized not to acknowledge it.
Anti bacterial meds will probably make it worse.
Well my hair has grown back i only did 4 sessions and the hair grew back lol i have been epiladying ever since what i did before and always worked for me. So the hair still grows my problem is i stink more now and my odor is atronger. Is your odor gone after using fungul treat ment? And what cream did u use?? Thank you so much for the reply
And i have done laser on my legs arms and brazilian about 4,5 yrs ago never had any problems. I dont even sweat more i just stink more
Are you sure?! You think anti bacterial would make it worse but anti fungal would work? Thank you;)
Since laser hair removal on my bikini, I sweat through my clothes. It's necessary for me to apply anti-perspirant multiple times per day. My OB/GYN says that laser hair removal and sweating are not linked. But she is wrong.
I searched for underarm body odor and LHR on the web after I noticed a very strong underarm odor which I never had before, after 2 LHR sessions. At first I thought maybe it was just hormonal and will go away, but it had been about 3 months now and this issue is not subsiding. I had to wash my underarms with alcohol to keep it from smelling! Does anyone know if this can be reversed? I am thinking that if I wax my underarms, maybe hair will regrow and this problem will go away--- I got the LHR from groupon offers and thought I'd try it, but this is not the result I wanted!
I had one session of LHR on my underarms done a couple weeks ago. I have had very powerful, unpleasant underarm B.O. since. I noticed it the same day I got the treatment but thought it was just because I had just had the treatment... But the smell seems to be getting stronger, and I have never had this issue. I have to wash my underarms multiple times a day just to stand myself! Not what every girl dreams of when she incisions being silky smooth. I will not be getting anymore treatments. Just hope the smell goes away!
I have experienced the same problem. I had one underarm session in late May, hair has grown at a slower pace but now I stink. So nasty!!! I was contemplating getting bikini area lasered but screw that, I'd rather shave or wax and not deal with nasty odor down there. I find myself putting deodorant on several times a day now and I'm so self conscious when wearing sleeveless shirts. Sucks!!!
I will never do laser hair removal again. I put deoderant on my bikini area now every morning. Not to mention by dry cleaning bills are huge. My OB does not believe that this was caused by laser hair removal. I disagree. I hope somebody does some research soon so that this information can be disclosed to potential hair-removal patients.
Hi! I also had problems with laser hair removal. I've developed excess sweating in my armpits after 2 sessions of LHR, and it seems to be a permanent effect, since I still live with this problem 4 years after the laser sessions. I'm gathering information from people who had these LHR side effects (our chances to be heard by doctors and researchers increase with more people reporting the same problem). Could you help us giving some information about how it has happened to you? Please, write to my email: leticiapollo@gmail.com
Hi Leticia go read my posts i replied a few times just scroll down a little. basically what helped me was this prescribed cream which is for fungus infection but the ingredients are the same as athelete foot creams over the counter and also drysol. If tou scroll down you can find more details. It helped me alot. Keep me updated. Good luck.
I know from experience sunlight exposure might bring the smell back so you gotta use those products again and use sunscreen if needed
Hey i tried a few things that helped me. Scroll down a little. maybe they solve your problem too. I just dont want anyone to deal with what i did do i keep replying.
Hi there! I have exactly the same problem! Please keep me up to date with possible cures! I am also experimenting and trying EVERYTHING possible!!!
I had a 4 sessions laser hair removal aswell and i found out this past few weeks my armpits are sweating , i was so worried coz no one likes to have a sweaty armpit :'( i never had one till i'm having my 4th laser treatment and the dermatologist told me to ask to the doctor maybe it's just a hormones? Bcoz sweating is not proven as a side effect :'( any suggestions what i need to do :'( will i continue my treatment ? Will the sweating will stop if i stop my laser hair treatment? Pls help me thank you
Hi, like other people in this topic, I have the same problem as yours. I had 2 LHR sessions in my armpits 4 years ago, and the excessive sweating persists till today... so, it seems an irreversible effect. I'm using botox, hawever, after about 4 botox sessions, I developed compensatory effect, what, obviously, doctors say are not possible as a botox side effect. I don't know how I could help with the already existing problem, but I would advise you not to continue with the treatment. I'm doing an effort to gather information from people describing this LHR side effects and show this problem to convince doctors, patients and mainly researches to consider and to investigate this laser effects. If you could help us with your informations (like number of sessions, kind of machine, country, body areas...) please email me at leticiapollo@gmail.com I hope we can help one another in some way.