Photofacial 1st of 5 in Series - Las Vegas, NV

I had my first Photofacial yesterday. To my...

I had my first Photofacial yesterday. To my surprise a few hours later I noticed a lot of dark spots on my face. I didn't see all of this pigmentation before because it was very light. I'm not happy with the dark spots but I know it's evidence of a good treatment so I am anxiously waiting for them to slough off.

I'm doing the recommended 5 treatments and I'll post a new photo after each of them.

Thanks for posting a pic. It really helps to see what people are talking about. Keep us posted on your progress. How does everything look a week later?
It wasn't painful, felt like a slight rubber band snap. I'm sure it was easier on me because they gave me some numbing cream and blew cold air on my face during the actual procedure.

Other community members have mentioned numbing cream and cooling helps a lot. I'm glad it wasn't that bad. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

So it's been about 2 weeks since my first...

So it's been about 2 weeks since my first treatment and I wanted to post my face. The dark coffee ground look is gone now but I do have some spots that did not come up completely, I'm hoping those go away after my next treatment.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

This pic is the morning after my 2nd photo-facial....

This pic is the morning after my 2nd photo-facial. I am seeing result in that dark spots are rising to the surface after both treatments but I'll have to wait until the end to see how much overall help it's been. BTW: Trust me on this, if you go to this spa ask for Angie (I had Refirme there with anther girl and wasn't as happy, it seemed rushed and not at all pampered).

My sun spots are back on the decolletage area but not on my face. I need to do it again.
Yes the joules(energy) can be adjusted. The milliseconds determines the depth and time the energy is delivered. Also the cyro(cooling) can be adjusted.

Does the actual IPL machine have different settings?

Las Vegas Dermatologist

I went to the Dr. for Botox and to freeze a large age spot on my cheek. The SPA associated with him is next door and they did the Photofacial, I recommend both.