Photofacial 1st of 5 in Series - Las Vegas, NV

I had my first Photofacial yesterday. To my...

I had my first Photofacial yesterday. To my surprise a few hours later I noticed a lot of dark spots on my face. I didn't see all of this pigmentation before because it was very light. I'm not happy with the dark spots but I know it's evidence of a good treatment so I am anxiously waiting for them to slough off.

I'm doing the recommended 5 treatments and I'll post a new photo after each of them.

So it's been about 2 weeks since my first...

So it's been about 2 weeks since my first treatment and I wanted to post my face. The dark coffee ground look is gone now but I do have some spots that did not come up completely, I'm hoping those go away after my next treatment.

This pic is the morning after my 2nd photo-facial....

This pic is the morning after my 2nd photo-facial. I am seeing result in that dark spots are rising to the surface after both treatments but I'll have to wait until the end to see how much overall help it's been. BTW: Trust me on this, if you go to this spa ask for Angie (I had Refirme there with anther girl and wasn't as happy, it seemed rushed and not at all pampered).

Las Vegas Dermatologist

I went to the Dr. for Botox and to freeze a large age spot on my cheek. The SPA associated with him is next door and they did the Photofacial, I recommend both.

My sun spots are back on the decolletage area but not on my face. I need to do it again.
Yes the joules(energy) can be adjusted. The milliseconds determines the depth and time the energy is delivered. Also the cyro(cooling) can be adjusted.

Does the actual IPL machine have different settings?

HI,
I have a fair light skin and have had freckles all my life, 41 and I am about to start my first session of 3 Photo facial ELOS. I want to achieve a better tone and texture overall and get rid of sun damage (other minor spots that were not there since childhood). However I am concerned that the freckles that I have carried all my life could become significantly darker and stay that way?.. is that possible?.. I have not seen any pre and post pictures of people with freckles. any ideas?
thanks
When you get a chemical peel or laser and the treatment it's around eyes swelling may occur. Usually when you Lay down at night to sleep fluid collects and subsidies later. Glad you are better.
I am not in any pain at all. There is not even any redness, the skin itself actually feels great! It is just tight and puffy from under eyes down through the cheeks. I did anti-inflammatories all day and even took a benadryl and cold compresses. The swelling has gone down quite a bit from this morning, but is still obvious. I will wait it out another day and see how it looks, then consult the Dr that was present for my treatment. Thank you for the quick response.
regardless of what you're experience is, when in doubt go to a doctor. that's more sound advice then sitting at home putting on a cold compress and aquaphor. worse case scenario it's loss of a copay and time, but at least you have a doctor's input on your skin.
I have been doing laser treatments for 17 years I am licensed and certified. In the cheek area yes-and full face slight swelling is common. If there is blistering then a burn is present. As I said cool compresses not ice and use of Aquaphor for 2 to 3 days
seriously, swelling up like a chipmunk is common? from all reviews ive read from docs touting these procedures, swelling is not normal and photofacials should not be painful.
This is very common around cheek area. Thinner skin. Cool compresses not ice and Aquaphor would not hurt due to skin trauma. This can be found at any drugstore. Over the counter. Make sure Milo anti aging products etc
I received a photofacial two days ago and had some minor swelling in the cheeks yesterday. It did go down in the afternoon and the cheeks did not feel as tight by the evening. However, this morning the swelling is much worse and even my glands under my jawline are swollen. I look like a chipmunk. Is this normal? Should I be concerned and at what point do I need to seek medical attention?
Seek medical attention from a derm, preferbly not where you had the treatment, if not go to a burn center asap
jdmccall,
keep us posted. hopefully everything will be fine.
I was told that makeup could be applied right afterwards. If you wear foundation or powder...I wouldn't wear it to your appt.
I am supposed to get a photofacial tomorrow and I am wondering if I will be able to wear makeup immediately after the procedure? Should I show up to the appt bare faced?

Hi kapoofsy,

How did your photofacial go?

Thanks,

-Britt

Yes, the dark spots will usually get darker and go away in about a week.
I had my 1st treatment almost a week ago. I withstood the treatment just fine; however, as of today, my face will not hold any moisturizer and I look/feel like a marionette! My face keeps peeling. I was told to keep using the pigment gel so I have. The dark spots are still there........ Anyone have similar issues?

Hi terri,

According to the community your face might not feel normal for like two weeks. Here community member VALOU58, said their brown spots did not start falling off for like 8 days, you might want to check in with them it might help. Also we'd love to know how your experience was, you can post your experience here.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

3 to 6 sessions is needed. Every 2 to 3 weeks apart.
is a photofacial the same thing as an ipl? ive been told they are interchangeable and are the same treatment, so wondering why there is one section for ipl and another for photofacial listed under different categories
IPls are intense pulsed light. Not a true laser like a Tag 1064 or a 755. They are the same treatment.
Any idea as to how many sessions most people start off with and how often??
You need a minimum of 3 but as many as 6. They are done 3 to 4 weeks apart. But some will treat in 1 to 2 for vessel reduction and treatment of rosacea.
According to my dermatologist as long as you take care of ur skin by using sunscreen and protecting it should be.