all on 4 - Las Vegas, NV

I am disappointed with the outcome of what the...

I am disappointed with the outcome of what the teeth look like. The FIRST denture was crooked, had huge teeth, and way too white. The SECOND denture has a huge gap between the two front teeth, and the gum is not pink, it is gray. I plan on pursuing further action by dentist. He had better make it good!
Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist

Before the surgery, I tried asking what the teeth would look like. I wanted to tell Dr. what I wanted the teeth to look like. He threw up his hand and said, "They will be perfect - I am a perfectionist!" I did not even get to choose the color. He held to samples next to my mouth and picked "the one that goes with (my) skin tone. Major problems. Had to redo denture a month later. I still did not get a chance to tell Dr. what I wanted, as he already had the new denture set. I said that I would like them a little whiter, and he said that they can't be changed - this is what they are. He advertises that you will leave with the smile you have always wanted. I consider this false advertising! I never got a chance to consult with the Dr. except for the surgical aspect of the procedure. When I left the office (crying) I was not even given any written instructions for aftercare, or any other type of literature. I will definitely be bringing in a picture of what I want third time!

Hello Unhappy, Sometimes, we first like to vent and express our disappointment. I hope that after your post, you contacted the office and shared your displeasure. I am a patient of Dr. Golpa's office , and I have had little concerns, but once you let them know, they will do everything they can, to address it. So, I hope that you have communicated with them , and if you have, I believe that everything should be just fine by now. Hope you are enjoying your smile!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Of the 1000's of Patients we have had (100 calls a day, 80 live chats a day, and 200 email inquiries a day) tastes vary drastically. Some want straight, flat, even, denture teeth. Some want the opposite, very few say "make my teeth look like they did before". This process is subjective, it is not science, it is as much an art of "reading" people as it is Dentistry. We do a Wax-try-in with every Patient to be sure that they like the teeth before we process them. But remember, sometimes we expect the new teeth to change everything about our appearance, and it will not. The majority of Patients realize this and use this as a stepping-stone to "whole" change. We strive to make every Patient satisfied to the best of our abilities, and to the extent that it is possible in Dentistry.
So sorry to hear this. Ask for a wax try in BEFORE the teeth are made. I however did get to choose my color ( actually, my husband picked the color ) my husband and I went in with about 6 photos - they created a wax model that I tried and we made some changes to it before the teeth were made. On my 1st set - the ball was dropped and no one asked me anything about what I wanted or what would the teeth look like - I saw no photos which I understand they usually have the patient go through photo albums discussing the different shape, style etc. of teeth. I never got that opportunity. The first set was the farthest thing from what I would've had made. Luckily - it was corrected on the 2nd set. I do want some changes for the final set - since they will be my final set. Please try to communicate with Golpa, Brit and/or the tech that will be working on that 3rd set. I have faith they will make it right.